Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > American Express | Membership Rewards
Reload this Page >

plat changes; increase fees; int rates; shortened payment schedule

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

plat changes; increase fees; int rates; shortened payment schedule

Search this Thread

Old Nov 7, 2008, 5:33 pm

Programs: AA Gold MM, DL Gold, US MM, HH Gold, Starwood
Originally Posted by RichardInSF
My previous credit union -- this is why I dropped them -- won't even let me use my card outside the US unless I call them before each and every trip. Given that I am out of the US for work a bunch of times a year, I just couldn't handle that annoyance. Is that restriction unique to the credit union I had been using?
Might be as I know of several others that do not require notification every trip.

Cheers
Old Nov 10, 2008, 10:46 am
SPG 5+ Badge

Programs: Marriott Ambassador, Lifetime Titanium, Delta Plat, Hilton Diamond , Hyatt Globalist
Thanks for the heads up OP- I totally missed the notice on my statement.

I'm glad that my Prague MO visit is this month and not after January. Per the terms we must use our Cent cards.

We typically use our Starwood cards in Europe but may reconsider.

ETA- I will have to carefully consider this though. When we had a problem with a merchant in Italy Amex
assigned a special representative who went out of her way to resolve the issue. She saved us close to $1000.
The extra fee may be worth it to us.

Last edited by damon88; Nov 10, 2008 at 10:51 am
Old Nov 10, 2008, 12:44 pm

Programs: AA Gold, SPG Gold, Hilton Gold
Red face

Originally Posted by lmz00
Does this mean we can't wait until the next closing date to pay our bills anymore?

Can anyone confirm anymore about this?
Old Nov 10, 2008, 1:50 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by alexcturner
I do not think it is accurate at all. See my post above. Alas, I have not called to confirm it.
Old Nov 10, 2008, 5:40 pm

Interesting observation from yesterday's Platinum bill:

My billing cycle typically ends on the 8th or 9th. Normally the due date is listed on the bill / website as the 22nd or 23rd (I know that you can pay after that by phone w/o penalty).

On my November bill which closed yesterday, the due date is listed as Dec. 4.

It looks like they actually expanded the payment window ?????
Old Nov 11, 2008, 5:03 pm

Originally Posted by alexcturner

I just called Customer Service and just like always ---you just have to pay your bill BEFORE your next billing cycle begins.
Old Nov 21, 2008, 6:25 pm

Is FOREX rate going up on centurion card also?
Old Nov 21, 2008, 6:40 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by mshaikun
Is FOREX rate going up on centurion card also?
I would assume so. AmEx has had the same rate across the board for all cards as long as I can remember.
Old Nov 24, 2008, 6:07 pm

Programs: UA GS, AS MVP 100K, DL Diamond, Marriot Lifetime Titanium, AmEx Centurion
Originally Posted by sbm12
I would assume so. AmEx has had the same rate across the board for all cards as long as I can remember.
Yes, it is. Got my centurion statement today, and it had the 2,7% notice on it as well. I'm still torn.

- My lowest card carries a 1% fee
- AmEx Rewards are worth 1% minimum

So, it's basically a 0,7% charge by AmEx for dispute/fraud/etc prevention. It may be worth it....
Old Nov 25, 2008, 7:34 am

Originally Posted by sbm12
Hi there, it's my first post. Just wanted to say I got the same notice for the FOREX increase on my Starwood and Gold Cards.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.