Community
Wiki Posts
Search

30% Skymiles Bonus

Search this Thread

Old Oct 22, 2008, 8:46 pm
Original Poster

30% Skymiles Bonus

I was surprised I didn't see this posted yet: Get a 30% mileage bonus on Membership Rewards points transferred between October 20 and December 31, 2008. For complete details, see terms & conditions.

http://www.delta.com/skymiles/ways_t...onus/index.jsp

When I click the "register" link I get an error message "We're sorry, this campaign is currently not active"

Guess I'll have to call Skymiles.
Old Oct 23, 2008, 11:56 am

Programs: Delta DM, SPG Gold, Marriott Platinum
I had the same problem. Were you able to register with Delta over the phone?
Old Oct 23, 2008, 1:57 pm

Originally Posted by Schutzee
When I click the "register" link I get an error message "We're sorry, this campaign is currently not active"
Getting same message. Active - Amex MR Limited Time Offer 20% DL SkyMiles Bonus with registration link:

http://www.membershiprewards.com/cat...079&N=&part=AX

Get a 20% mileage bonus on Membership Rewards points transferred between September 11 and October 31, 2008.
Old Oct 23, 2008, 4:08 pm
Original Poster

I didn't bother calling, but did send an email and Delta sent me the response below. After many tries, I was able to register using the link in provided. I printed the screens for documentation.

Thank you for your e-mail regarding Delta's SkyMiles program.

You need to enroll in the promotion at URL in offer/advertisement

Others use www.delta.com/30bonusonline

Transfer Membership Rewards points to Delta SkyMiles

Your selection of Delta is appreciated, and we will always do our best to merit your confidence and support.

Sincerely,

Hanna Davis
Online Customer Support Desk
Old Oct 23, 2008, 4:19 pm

Thanks.

I wonder if I register for the 20% bonus and then am later able to register for the 30% bonus if I will receive both. The 20% bonus is good through 10/31. It says it will post 6 to 8 weeks after. The 30% bonus says it will post 1 week after Delta receives the point transfer. Maybe two separate bonus postings?
Old Oct 23, 2008, 4:30 pm

Programs: SPG Plat, Hyatt Diamond, AA Plat.
Originally Posted by rraskopf
Thanks.

I wonder if I register for the 20% bonus and then am later able to register for the 30% bonus if I will receive both. The 20% bonus is good through 10/31. It says it will post 6 to 8 weeks after. The 30% bonus says it will post 1 week after Delta receives the point transfer. Maybe two separate bonus postings?
I registered for both. I am going to transfer during the 30% bonus time and see what happens.
Old Oct 23, 2008, 9:00 pm

Programs: AA Gold, AMEX MR, BA, DL, SPG, UA, US, Hyatt Platinum
Should I (we) be transfering MR points to Delta?

Flyertalker's know that DL is now ranked as the worst US based airline for redeeming miles (higher miles requirements, highest fees, messed up award calendar).

I have 60,000 AX MR points. I have DL and CO frequent flyer accounts (AX partners). CO is hooking up with United in the future. Should I wait and transfer my points to CO at a later date (even without the bonus)?

Please give me your two cents.
Old Oct 24, 2008, 12:11 am

Both DL and CO transfers are instant. I always hold the points in AMEX and transfer to DL or CO as needed.
Old Oct 24, 2008, 6:06 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by NWA747SNN
Both DL and CO transfers are instant. I always hold the points in AMEX and transfer to DL or CO as needed.
This is absolutely the best advice that can be given. Don't move the miles until you are ready to book. As of right now, CO and DL should generally see the exact same reward revenue across their partners. With fees and surcharges, one might pay $50 or more extra for the privilege of booking with SkyMiles. That can make the 30% bonus for the transfer basically just enough to cover the extra costs for the ticket.
Originally Posted by whynotgo
I have 60,000 AX MR points. I have DL and CO frequent flyer accounts (AX partners). CO is hooking up with United in the future. Should I wait and transfer my points to CO at a later date (even without the bonus)?

Please give me your two cents.
Don't move the miles until you are ready to book.
Old Oct 24, 2008, 7:06 am

Originally Posted by NWA747SNN
I registered for both. I am going to transfer during the 30% bonus time and see what happens.
How were you able to register for the 30%? The link to register still tells me the campaign is "currently not active." And Delta's customer service sent me a bad link to register at www.delta.com/30bonusemail

I want to book an award ticket but don't want to miss out on the bonus. Very frustrating!
Old Oct 24, 2008, 9:11 am

Originally Posted by rraskopf
How were you able to register for the 30%? The link to register still tells me the campaign is "currently not active." And Delta's customer service sent me a bad link to register at www.delta.com/30bonusemail

I want to book an award ticket but don't want to miss out on the bonus. Very frustrating!
This link worked for me when i signed up. I click on the link now and it still works. I tried the it with both Firefox and IE and both worked.
Old Oct 24, 2008, 1:48 pm
rje

Programs: Marriott Gold,United Silver,Delta Silver,Hhonors Diamond., SPG platinum, Priority Club Plat.
Link worked fine for me.
Old Oct 30, 2008, 12:31 pm
BLV

Transferred points from AMEX into Delta today only to see the 30% bonus points post less than an hour later. Not complaining, but didn't expect it to be THAT quick ^^
Old Oct 30, 2008, 3:21 pm

Programs: SPG GOLD / BA GOLD/Club Carlson Gold/AMEX Plat.
Originally Posted by BLV
Transferred points from AMEX into Delta today only to see the 30% bonus points post less than an hour later. Not complaining, but didn't expect it to be THAT quick ^^
Does this only apply for US Amex accounts..I live in Sweden and I have Plat Amex..I did transfer 90000 points from AMEX but only 9000 went into SkyMiles..Sooo im assuming only US Amex accounts counts..Any suggestions ?

Thanks
David
Old Nov 5, 2008, 1:01 am

Programs: DL DM (Now Gold...)
Smile Transfer miles posted in 5 min, awaiting 30% bonus

OP thanks for post. Requested transfer from my Amex Plat today 11/4/08 and miles posted with 5 min. Still waiting on the 30% bonus miles 1 hour later however. Cheers

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.