Amex Business Platinum - Regus

Search this Thread

Old Aug 18, 2007, 12:13 am
Moderator, Hertz; FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster
Hilton Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: UA 1MM, BA GGL, Hyatt Glob, Hilton Diamond and others
Regus?

What exactly is it? I got something in the mail saying I can join it for free (with my plat amex)
Old Aug 18, 2007, 12:36 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

http://networkaccess.regus.com/default.htm
http://www.regus.com/files/html/exec...ub/default.asp

not sure what the difference is, both seem to be $300/yr
Old Aug 18, 2007, 1:21 am

Programs: Amex Biz Cent, Marriott LTP, Avis PC, Hilton Owners Diamond, AS MVP
Originally Posted by jason8612
What exactly is it? I got something in the mail saying I can join it for free (with my plat amex)
New benefit for Plat/Cent. Allows you the use of a business lounge for a day at any of the participating Regus buildings (for Plat). If you have Cent, you get a free office for half-day I believe and discounted rates on longer rentals.
Old Aug 18, 2007, 1:25 am

Looks like there's a charge every time you use a room, too (in the hundreds of dollars).
Old Aug 18, 2007, 5:26 am
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Originally Posted by aviators99
...charge every time you use a room...
Why else would they be giving away memberships to Admirals Club, Crown Room and American Express Business cardholders?
Old Aug 18, 2007, 12:58 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by aviators99
Looks like there's a charge every time you use a room, too (in the hundreds of dollars).
thats what it looked like, though it said Complimentary worldwide business lounge access

http://www133.americanexpress.com/os...Flash_Page.asp
Old Aug 18, 2007, 1:19 pm
mia

Originally Posted by jason8612
...though it said Complimentary worldwide business lounge access
Regus offers several different types of space. I understand a "lounge" to be a common room with seating and a limited amount of work surface, similar to an airline club room, shared with anyone else who happens to be there. (If you view the "tour" in the link that you provided they refer to this as Common Spaces.) Charges would be incurred if you wanted private use of a conference room, office, etc.

Last edited by mia; Aug 18, 2007 at 1:24 pm
Old Aug 18, 2007, 6:07 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by mia
Regus offers several different types of space. I understand a "lounge" to be a common room with seating and a limited amount of work surface, similar to an airline club room, shared with anyone else who happens to be there. (If you view the "tour" in the link that you provided they refer to this as Common Spaces.) Charges would be incurred if you wanted private use of a conference room, office, etc.
hmm thats actually not too bad, as they have free wifi, and other things. If I'm out somewhere in the town and needed to do something, thats not too bad.
Old Aug 18, 2007, 6:15 pm

Do U Have Personal Or Business Plat?

Exclusive Discounts
Receive discounted rates on Staples office supplies, FedEx shipping rates, IBM products, and more.

how do u get it?

requesting a separate regus card or having your AX swipped on a per visit basis ala airport clubs?
Old Aug 18, 2007, 6:25 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by writetorich
Exclusive Discounts
Receive discounted rates on Staples office supplies, FedEx shipping rates, IBM products, and more.

how do u get it?

requesting a separate regus card or having your AX swipped on a per visit basis ala airport clubs?
interrsting, I knew about my amex plat staples discounts, and others like I believe FTD, but never with the regus
Old Aug 18, 2007, 8:13 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

I had seen this listed on the Business card but not the Personal. Sucks, as I was thinking about trying to use it in the near future. That being said, I haven't called to ask.
Old Aug 19, 2007, 1:51 pm
mia

Originally Posted by writetorich
Exclusive Discounts Receive discounted rates on Staples office supplies, FedEx shipping rates, IBM products, and more.
My reading is that you obtain those discounts when you maintain an office at a Regus facility and place an order through Regus. I don't think it has any application to the "lounge" circumstance, unless perhaps you were to send a FedEx shipment while you were there.

I hope that someone will report on visiting one of these lounges because it seems as if it could be an odd experience, similar to working in the lobby if you arrive early for an appointment.

There are several benefits offered with the personal Platinum card that are not included with Business Platinum, my understanding is this one goes the other way and is not included with the personal cards.
Old Aug 20, 2007, 11:01 am

I have Regus access through my Admirals Club membership. If it's now a part of Centurion benefits I'd be pleased. You get access to a Regus "lounge." As posted before this is a shared area. It differs from location to location. In most locations it's a "cafe" setting" with tables, WiFi or Ethernet access and free beverages (non alcohol.) In other locations it's a conference room that you share. There are lots of Regus offices globally. At first I saw it as a "so what" add on to my AC membersip but having used it many times it's a nice benefit. You can pay for a conference room or office if you want private meetings.
Old Aug 20, 2007, 12:18 pm

Programs: AA EXP/LT Plat, SPG Plat/LT Plat, HHonors Gold, Hyatt Plat, IHG Plat, MR Silver
Originally Posted by mia
My reading is that you obtain those discounts when you maintain an office at a Regus facility and place an order through Regus. I don't think it has any application to the "lounge" circumstance, unless perhaps you were to send a FedEx shipment while you were there.
Are they not referring to the standard OPEN discounts all business cards receive? I don't think I knew about the Staples discount, but Fedex, Hertz, Delta, Marriot, etc. all get credited back at various discounts (3-5%) at the end of the month on my business cards.
Old Aug 20, 2007, 12:47 pm

Programs: Amex Biz Cent, Marriott LTP, Avis PC, Hilton Owners Diamond, AS MVP
Originally Posted by troyb
Are they not referring to the standard OPEN discounts all business cards receive? I don't think I knew about the Staples discount, but Fedex, Hertz, Delta, Marriot, etc. all get credited back at various discounts (3-5%) at the end of the month on my business cards.
Staples is no longer an OPEN discount merchant. They were removed a little while back; I want to say the end of last year or so.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.