Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > American Express | Membership Rewards
Reload this Page >

Centurion & Platinum benefits: comprehensive listings by country

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Centurion & Platinum benefits: comprehensive listings by country

Search this Thread

Old Sep 21, 2005, 7:05 pm

Programs: CENTURION, SPG-Gold, HH-Diamond, ANA-SFC, JAL-JGC, MX-Diamond, LHW Access, CLUB 5C, IHG Platinum
OT:MO Programme

Originally Posted by RichardMannion
It is as far as I know; and as for the MO benefit endign, well I got a mailshot this morning from MO and AXC to remind me of the benefit!

Thansk,
Richard
Richard,
Many Centurions says that MO programme will end.
Is it true?
However, I guess there is Mandarin Oriental Centurion programme 2006.
As far as I know, AmEx had already contracted next year's MO programme 2006.

BTW,MO and AmEx sent letter about MO Programme to Japanease Cent members a couple of weeks ago.
Landmark MO in HKG and MO Tokyo(Opening December 2005) joined this programme.

I'm sorry about OT.

masahiro
Old Sep 26, 2005, 9:39 am

International Dollar Card IDC

Does anyone have a summary if IDC annual fee and benefts - especially looking for SPG Plat.

Many thanks.
Old Sep 30, 2005, 3:11 am

Programs: Various
Hi,

The IDC benefits are pretty much the same as the Uk offering, as the IDC and the IEC card are adminsitered out of Brighton, England along with the UK card. I seem to remember the fee being $1000USD.

In regards to the MO offer ending, it would appear not - it just doesn't make sense to send out a glossy mailshot a few months before it 'ends'. I've just spent the last week visiting 3 MO's and making use of my free night and benefits at each, these benefits alone have far outweighed my annual fee for this year.

Thanks,
Richard
Old Sep 30, 2005, 3:25 am

Originally Posted by RichardMannion
Hi,

I seem to remember the fee being $1000USD.
The IDC annual fee is $1,000 , the IEC fee is €1,000 .

It's possible to have both an IDC and an IEC account (with full benefits for each account), the 2nd account is "offered" at half the annual fee.
Old Sep 30, 2005, 11:10 am

Programs: FB Plat, CX Diamond, TK Elite *G, EK Gold, EY Silv, Amex Cent, R&C 5C, HH Diamond, SPG Gold, Avis PC
This might be a bit off topic but I was wondering regarding the use of the concierge service (Plat or Cent) if it is possible to use it for a dinner or hotel reservation for instance and use another amex card to pay for it?

I'm considering getting a French Plat card for the concierge, priority pass and hotels status service but would still like to use my Air France Gold Amex card to charge as much as possible on it in order to earn Air France qualifying miles.

Any advice?
Old Sep 30, 2005, 9:04 pm

Programs: CO Gold; SPG Gold***; AvisFirst;
Originally Posted by fredsxb
This might be a bit off topic but I was wondering regarding the use of the concierge service (Plat or Cent) if it is possible to use it for a dinner or hotel reservation for instance and use another amex card to pay for it?

I'm considering getting a French Plat card for the concierge, priority pass and hotels status service but would still like to use my Air France Gold Amex card to charge as much as possible on it in order to earn Air France qualifying miles.

Any advice?
I don't believe the restaurant cares what card you use - they'd probably prefer cash. As for a hotel, the only time where you're supposed to use an Amex card is when you use the Amex negotiated rates - FHR for plat, for example. Otherwise, you can pay however you like.
Old Oct 10, 2005, 8:06 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by Duc
Do non-UK Platinum & Centurion cardholders know that they can get into the Eurostar lounges, regardless of their class of travel?
This is actually a great benefit - peaceful lounges (in both Paris and London), free internet, free wine/beer/liquor (oh, and water and coffee and soda - ), fruit, snacks, crackers, etc., papers, magazines, clean bathrooms, fast track access to the train. All you need for access is to pull out your platinum card.
Old Oct 10, 2005, 8:50 am

Programs: AMEX Platinum (etc.), AF Flying Blue
Well, the CS in France is not aware of this benefit...

I've been told that 'this benefit is only applicable for UK plat cards'.

I did not have the opportunity to test this, however, as I usually am just on time to catch the train...

Just a quick question just to know: do French and UK / Rest of the World Platinum Charge card look the same?

http://www10.americanexpress.com/sif...,,11170,00.asp

I think that the Platinum Credit is different (we don't have it here)?

F
Old Oct 10, 2005, 10:19 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by Junkplat
Well, the CS in France is not aware of this benefit...

I've been told that 'this benefit is only applicable for UK plat cards'.

I did not have the opportunity to test this, however, as I usually am just on time to catch the train...

Just a quick question just to know: do French and UK / Rest of the World Platinum Charge card look the same?

http://www10.americanexpress.com/sif...,,11170,00.asp

I think that the Platinum Credit is different (we don't have it here)?

F
My American card resembles the one in the link.

I suppose during peak busy times, when there is an extraordinary amount of hustle and bustle, people in and out, etc., the attendants on duty in London just let it suffice for passengers to wave the card. That's all I did. Even if they'd checked, they'd confirm that it was my card. Whatever. As with upgrades, it's up to the gatekeepers to confirm if I'm entitled to preferential treatment.

And based upon what I've read here, I didn't anticipate being given access to the lounge in Paris, but hoping for the best that even if I'm not entitled to access that the attendants in Paris don't really know the difference between the various cards, I politely showed my card, and lo and behold, I was given access.

Give it a try next time. All they can say is no.
Old Oct 11, 2005, 2:28 pm

Has SPG Platinum been withdrawn?

It is not listed on the new website..................
Old Oct 16, 2005, 12:34 am

Programs: LH FTL, EK Gold, AMEX Centurion, . HH Diamond, Ambassador Platinum,Sixt Diamond
Originally Posted by gringle
Just a couple of extra benefits that are now available with the UK Centurion card to bring this thread up to date:

1) Intercontinental Hotels Priority Club Platinum Status (Ask via Travel Concierge)
2) Sixt Car Rental Platinum Card (Register on Sixt website using Starwood Platinum Card number).

(Well - the Sixt card is an indirect privilege!)

Cheers,
Rob.

Well, just got my Centurion Card Magazine, they have added the Intercontinental Priority Club Platinum Benefit also to the German Centurion Card which is new, nice additional benefit, now just a meaningful Hyatt Benefit is missing.... that would be nice.
Old Oct 16, 2005, 1:48 am

Programs: Darth Vader of AMEX, A ladys best friend of Hilton, Pt78 of SPG, *G ,*S, ANA VIP
01/2006

Originally Posted by ThWilmesi
Well, just got my Centurion Card Magazine, they have added the Intercontinental Priority Club Platinum Benefit also to the German Centurion Card which is new, nice additional benefit, now just a meaningful Hyatt Benefit is missing.... that would be nice.

it seems that they are now preparing for the lunch of the new cards.
the titanium rollout will be jan-february in germany..

dp
Old Oct 17, 2005, 12:50 am

Originally Posted by fredsxb

Any advice?
i have asked cent amex concierge. it's not necessary to pay with their card for any bookings they made unless your card gives you special access, benefits or discount... however they would always appreciate your use of their card.
Old Oct 17, 2005, 1:11 am

Programs: Darth Vader of AMEX, A ladys best friend of Hilton, Pt78 of SPG, *G ,*S, ANA VIP
yes

Originally Posted by hkguy
i have asked cent amex concierge. it's not necessary to pay with their card for any bookings they made unless your card gives you special access, benefits or discount... however they would always appreciate your use of their card.

its possible. but if you only want to use the concierge you should try to find a friend who can issue you a partner card.
this way you dont have to pay the high fees in france, and can still use the service ...

sometimes you only get prices if you pay with the centurion or platinum, but if you tell them, i pay with another card or i dont pay, you will see how fast they will let you pay with another card/cash whatever...

dp
Old Oct 17, 2005, 12:58 pm

Programs: FB Plat, CX Diamond, TK Elite *G, EK Gold, EY Silv, Amex Cent, R&C 5C, HH Diamond, SPG Gold, Avis PC
Good! I ordered my Plat card last week... I'll give it a try and see if the benefits are worth the fee.

Another question: I read somewhere that the additional insurances provided by the Platinum card would work if I was to use another Amex card (For instance: paying for an airline ticket with my Flying Blue Amex Gold card would still allow me to benefit from the travel insurance included with my Platinum card). I remember reading that the highest coverage of the Amex card one owns is valid for every purchase made with another Amex card owned by the same person.

Any comments?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.