Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > American Express | Membership Rewards
Reload this Page >

MR (USA) to Virgin Atlantic (VS) 30% bonus 4.17.2017 - 5.22.2017

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

MR (USA) to Virgin Atlantic (VS) 30% bonus 4.17.2017 - 5.22.2017

Search this Thread

Old Apr 24, 2017, 1:38 pm

thanks! Is anyone advising transfer points to take advantage of this %30 off? I have a little over 100k amex points. I dont travel much so they could be idle awhile.
Old Apr 24, 2017, 1:45 pm
mia
Original Poster

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Originally Posted by leif2
... I dont travel much ...
When you do travel is it domestic or international, economy or a premium cabin, one, two or a family?
Old May 9, 2017, 10:23 am

So dang excited.

Wife and I just booked reward tickets IAH - NRT first class for this coming January. This is our first ever use of point redemption. Couldn't beat using 92,500* AMEX points per person for this RT flight.

*Utilized the 30% bonus when transferring from AMEX to Virgin Atlantic
Old May 12, 2017, 8:23 am

Programs: United 1k, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Plat
The deadline for this is 5.22.2017, so if I were to pre-pay my current balance how long would it take for my points to appear on my account available for transfer?
Old May 12, 2017, 11:07 am
mia
Original Poster

Paying early does not automatically accelerate posting of Membership Rewards points. If you pay the last statement balance you can ask customer service to manually post the pending points shown on your account. They do not have to do this, but often will unless your account is very new.

There is no way that you can accelerate receipt of points that are not yet pending.
Old May 14, 2017, 12:49 pm

Programs: UA GS, TK Gold
great deal. I pulled the trigger and booked F tickets to NRT for Mrs. and myself during the last week of March. hope to catch the cherry blossom season. not that I ever pay that type of cash, but its 23 cpm redemption at face value.

few tidbits:
1. took ~12 hrs to transfer point to VS
2. you cannot add additional segments, even short ones (KIX)
3. VS agents are quite incompetent - took me 4 HUCA to get this done. Excuses I heard: we do not see the inventory, we do not know how many miles it will cost in 2018, we cannot book F awards since your account is 3 days old, i can only see HND...

What a dumpster fire - all agents were very polite and apologetic British speaking ladies, but common. Hope VS elites have better staff to deal with.
Old May 19, 2017, 6:25 pm

Programs: free agent
Yeah, I deal with similar nice but incompetent agents. Agent said Haneda is NOT in Tokyo, etc. Eventually, I was able to get segments that I want, but too bad that AMEX thought it's a fraud activity and lock me out and require me to submit notarized papers next week when I attempt to transfer 93k points So I'll have to miss out on awesome 120k R/T trip to Japan, oh well.
Old May 21, 2017, 11:18 am
mia
Original Poster

Reminder: bonus ends Tuesday.
Old May 21, 2017, 12:20 pm

Location: exUA1K, UA MM, lifetime UA1P, AA MM, HH Diamond, Marriott Gold
My transfer from Amex to VS posted immediately.
Old May 22, 2017, 12:24 pm

Originally Posted by roberto99
My transfer from Amex to VS posted immediately.
Same here. Just an FYI: I did it while on phone with VA rep and she saw it instantly while I didn't see it on my VA account.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.