Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > American Express | Membership Rewards
Reload this Page >

Delta Reserve Card [missed MQM's for Platinum due to 12.31 transaction post on 1.1]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Delta Reserve Card [missed MQM's for Platinum due to 12.31 transaction post on 1.1]

Search this Thread

Old Jan 4, 2017, 2:25 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Skymiles - Diamond

Sharing my learnings for end of the year -

On 31st Dec, I needed 4600 miles to become Diamond on Delta so I applied and got the Amex Delta reserve card that offered 10,000 MQMs on first purchase. I also did an online purchase from lowes and confirmed that the transaction showed up in AmEx online portal. I slept peacefully with the thought that I was now Diamond for 2017. (can't be so simple).

Two days later I logged in to Amex portal and saw that the transaction date had changed from 31st Dec to 1st Jan !! I made 6 calls to delta/amex and the agents said not to worry since I did the transaction on 31st it should be OK. The last agent regretfully informed me that the TERMS AND CONDITIONS state that it's the posted date from Merchant that is used and not the transaction date. Delta says they can't do anything about it and Amex says they cant do anything about it .
Old Jan 4, 2017, 9:40 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Too many to list
Bummer but good lesson learned. Thanks for posting and welcome to FT.
Old Jan 5, 2017, 1:18 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond/IHG Platinum/DL Plutononium
Well at least now you have a ton of rollover for 2017 and have a 10k head start....

I wouldn't have rolled the dice so close, should have opened the card earlier.
Old Jan 18, 2017, 6:51 pm

Programs: DL DM, HH Diamond, EC Executive Elite
The MQMs post after the last statement of the calendar year. Don't think they post for previous year if you had say a dec19 statement close, the last 11 days of spend are worthless. I always make sure I hit my MQM card minimum by that last close date in mid December.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.