Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > American Express | Membership Rewards
Reload this Page >

MR (USA) to Virgin America (VX) 25% bonus to 10.10.2016 + status offer to 10.31.2016

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

MR (USA) to Virgin America (VX) 25% bonus to 10.10.2016 + status offer to 10.31.2016

Search this Thread

Old Sep 10, 2016, 10:19 am
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Originally Posted by MNSWEEps
... how about Hawaiian air which is also a partner?
I do not believe that BA has any relationship with HA. There is a relationship between VX (Virgin America) and HA (Hawaiian), but bear in mind that HA is also a direct Membership Rewards transfer partner. I would start by looking for award availability using HA's own program, and then see if the flights can be obtained for fewer points through VX. Don't be distracted by the temporary promotions. Find availability first.
Old Sep 10, 2016, 5:27 pm

Programs: AA 1MM GLD, Hertz #1 Gold, bunch of other programs w/no status
Thinking about going for the 80K transfer, which will equal 50K Elevate points. If the speculation holds and these convert to AS miles at 1:2 after the programs merge, then I'll end up with 100K AS miles, which IMO is pretty good for 80K MR points. Plus the VA status can come in handy over the next year. Anyone else going for it in the hopes of acquiring some AS miles?
Old Sep 11, 2016, 10:26 am

Originally Posted by mia
I do not believe that BA has any relationship with HA. There is a relationship between VX (Virgin America) and HA (Hawaiian), but bear in mind that HA is also a direct Membership Rewards transfer partner. I would start by looking for award availability using HA's own program, and then see if the flights can be obtained for fewer points through VX. Don't be distracted by the temporary promotions. Find availability first.
Thanks..sorry thats what I meant...Typo on my part... On HA website, like AA site, I am not able to search for rewards availability :-(
Old Sep 11, 2016, 11:31 am
mia

Originally Posted by MNSWEEps
... On HA website, like AA site, I am not able to search for rewards availability :-(
I have no knowledge of the HA or VX programs. You probably do best to research in those programs' own forums, but it appears the instructions for booking HA award flights are here:

http://hawaiianair.custhelp.com/app/...1895/related/1
Old Sep 12, 2016, 6:07 pm

What's a good way/benchmark to determine whether it's "worth it" to do the gold status transfer? I'm based out of LAX and do ~6 LAX-DAL (First class for work), 2 LAX-SFO, 2 LAX-LAS (usually SW), and 1 LAX-BOS a year.
Old Sep 13, 2016, 7:08 am
mia

You can read the benefits of Gold status here:

https://www.virginamerica.com/cms/el...s/elevate-gold

...but again, I would research this in the Virgin America forum rather than the American Express forum.
Old Sep 15, 2016, 12:12 pm

Programs: Amex Personal Centurion, Amex Business Centurion(cancelled), Merril+, CitiGold, JP Morgan Palladium
Elevate Gold status

I just transferred 85,000 points from Amex to VA Elevate...how long does it take to become Gold status? According to the Terms and Conditions, it says Gold status will be changed within 14 days. Can anyone confirm?? Thanks!
Old Sep 15, 2016, 2:44 pm

I spoke with american express echat earlier today they also said within 14 days. Points were immediate transfer.
Old Sep 15, 2016, 2:53 pm
mia

This offer also ran in 2015, might be some indication of real time to update status in this thread:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/ameri...vate-gold.html
Old Sep 15, 2016, 6:17 pm

Programs: Amex Personal Centurion, Amex Business Centurion(cancelled), Merril+, CitiGold, JP Morgan Palladium
Thanks for the link

Looks like from previous post the Gold status should update in 48 hours...waiting for Gold to reserve flight in case upgrade is possible. Thanks!
Old Sep 16, 2016, 11:51 am

DP: Transfered my points over on 9/12, was upgraded to Gold on 9/16.
Old Sep 16, 2016, 2:32 pm

Programs: AA Executive Platinum, Hyatt Globalist, Aeroplan 75K
DP: Transferred points on 9/13. Points transferred immediately, status upgrade to Gold on 9/16.
Old Sep 21, 2016, 10:08 am

DP: Transferred points on 9/15. Points transferred immediately, status upgrade to Gold on 9/23.

Last edited by jimikim; Sep 23, 2016 at 10:17 pm
Old Sep 22, 2016, 9:30 am

Elevate Gold

Transferred points into my Elevate acct on 9/14...as of today...Nothing on Gold status. Still showing Elevate Red
Old Sep 22, 2016, 5:21 pm

Originally Posted by DMDortho
Transferred points into my Elevate acct on 9/14...as of today...Nothing on Gold status. Still showing Elevate Red
I have a theory that they batch process on Thursday night. I guess we'll see tomorrow.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.