Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > American Express | Membership Rewards
Reload this Page >

100K USA Personal Platinum offer appears to be public [Expired]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

100K USA Personal Platinum offer appears to be public [Expired]

Search this Thread

Old Aug 26, 2015, 7:58 pm

tried with chrome and got it on second try. SPG personal yesterday, this today.

terms referenced if you hold a amex card you may not be eligible. I hold several amex cards ..PRG, SGP, biz platinum, biz gold, delta amex gold, delta amex platinum but this is my first personal amex platinum.

any cause for concern that I could meet spend and not get bonus?

Last edited by g8trgr8t; Aug 26, 2015 at 8:51 pm
Old Aug 26, 2015, 8:05 pm

Tried getting it to show online for an hour with no luck. Called 1-800-243-3888 and told the rep about the offer. She was able to find it right away, and confirmed 100K after $3K spend. Approved instantly!
Old Aug 26, 2015, 8:06 pm

Programs: DL Diamond/AA Platinum, Hyatt/Hilton Diamond
Note that the term is:
This offer is also not available to applicants who have or have had a Platinum Card® account enrolled in the Membership Rewards® program.

Usually it's like:
This offer is also not available to applicants who have or have had this product.

I have a BIZ plat and just applied for this personal plat offer. Worried about the new language... Any thoughts?
Old Aug 26, 2015, 8:08 pm

Originally Posted by jerryhze
Note that the term is:
This offer is also not available to applicants who have or have had a Platinum Card® account enrolled in the Membership Rewards® program.

Usually it's like:
This offer is also not available to applicants who have or have had this product.

I have a BIZ plat and just applied for this personal plat offer. Worried about the new language... Any thoughts?
Getting a bit nervous to be honest. Can I cancel before I get the card?
I've already used the new card.
Old Aug 26, 2015, 8:35 pm

Programs: UA Silver, AA, WN, DL
From my recollection reading on the forums, business card and personal card are separate, so as long as you don't have it (Gold or Plat) previously, I think this will still work.
Old Aug 26, 2015, 8:55 pm

If I'm an additional card holder, but never received the bonus, do I have to be removed from the other account first? How long to wait to apply after doing this?
Old Aug 26, 2015, 9:06 pm

Programs: Northwest, United
Worked for me (setting it up for the wife). Took about 30 browser loads (across 4 different browsers), but the 100K deal did pop up eventually...
Instant approval. ^

Gonna dump those 100K MR points in the bathtub and roll around in 'em nekkid!

Thanks for the heads up.
Old Aug 26, 2015, 9:16 pm

Programs: Delta Cubic Zirconia, Marriott Diplomat, Hertz Chairman's Square, Avis Preferred Plus
Chrome: nope! incognito nope! firefox: nope! ie inPrivate mode:nope! IE regular; YUP!!

failed to take screenshots though but got instant approval... I hope the lack of screenshots doesn't bite me...
Old Aug 26, 2015, 9:49 pm

After going kOo-KoO all day downloading different browsers and clicking away my life, I decided to call AmEx and was approved without any concerns. This appears to be a publically available offer and it is a darn good one!
Old Aug 26, 2015, 10:03 pm

I had to try Chrome, IE, and Firefox... finally got it in a private window in Firefox after about 15 tries. Then, when I submitted my application, I got an error message that said that their system wasn't responding, so I should either call them or try again later. But then I checked my email, and I got a message that said I was approved. Phew!
Old Aug 26, 2015, 10:34 pm

Programs: AA, UA, BA, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold, IHG Platinum
I've tried the four major browsers (IE, Firefox, Chrome, Safari) in private and regular for the past half hour and keep seeing 40k. Anyone seeing 100k since midnight?
Old Aug 26, 2015, 10:49 pm

Programs: *Wood Gold, Marriott Plat, HH Gold, National Exec Elite
Originally Posted by irishflyer07
I just applied for the 100k and was also approved. I took screen shots. When I did the Am Ex online chat about 20 minutes after approval, the rep could not confirm the offer - he said it could take 72 hours to load into the account. Is that normal? Should I try calling over the phone?

The wife also wants to apply, but I would like to confirm that the offer at least worked for me first. Thanks!
Have you had this card before?
Old Aug 26, 2015, 11:08 pm

Programs: HH Gold, IHG Plat, AA Gold :(
Failed million times.
I tried ie, chrome, firefox, and safari.
Finally give up
Old Aug 26, 2015, 11:09 pm

Originally Posted by dukerau
I've tried the four major browsers (IE, Firefox, Chrome, Safari) in private and regular for the past half hour and keep seeing 40k. Anyone seeing 100k since midnight?
Been trying since 10:30pm ET with those 4 browsers. Also tried VPN, and tried it on a different PC, with no luck. I heard some having luck with calling. Does anyone know the number to call and what to reference?
Old Aug 26, 2015, 11:18 pm

Originally Posted by UserMark
And we know for sure having had the Ameriprise platinum doesn't disqualify you, right?
Anyone have any experience with opening a personal Platinum Ameriprise, getting the bonus and opening a regular Platinum and still receiving the bonus after the new language? I realize the thread over there states yes, but those posts are pretty dated.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.