Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[Canada] Lounge Access with Plat Charge

Search this Thread

Old Jun 22, 2015, 1:59 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Avis CHM, Hertz Plat, National EE, SPG Plat, Hyatt Diamond, Le Club Plat, CX Gold
[Canada] Lounge Access with Plat Charge

Could someone explain what lounges I can access with a Canadian Plat Charge card?

The Amex site is confusing and contradictory in places. I'm flying through ORD and LAX in a week or so on UA metal.

Thanks!
Old Jun 22, 2015, 3:29 pm

Programs: AMEX AC CX UA AA DL
Exactly what's on the website. Assuming it's personal platinum

https://www298.americanexpress.com/b...#/loungefinder

It actually works very well, much improved than before.
Old Jun 22, 2015, 5:19 pm
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
With the Platinum Card itself, you will not be able to access any lounge at ORD or LAX unless you were flying Delta. With the Priority Pass card provided by American Express you would be able to access the lounges listed on the Priority Pass site, but these may not be convenient to the concourses or terminals used by UA:

http://www.prioritypass.com/
Old Jun 23, 2015, 7:52 am

Programs: Aeroplan Diamond, SPG Plat, Hilton Gold, Marriott
You can access Air Canada lounge with Priority Pass at LAX.
Old Jun 24, 2015, 2:02 pm

Originally Posted by lardiop
Could someone explain what lounges I can access with a Canadian Plat Charge card?

The Amex site is confusing and contradictory in places. I'm flying through ORD and LAX in a week or so on UA metal.

Thanks!
You need to enroll in Priority Pass ("PP"). Just call Amex. It takes several weeks for the PP card to arrive.

At Canadian airports, you may use the Plaza Premium Lounge with your personal Amex Plat card.

At ORD, unfortunately, the only lounges are through PP and they are located in Terminal 5. No use if you're flying UA to a domestic U.S.A. destination at ORD.

If you are flying UA F or J, you may use the UA United Club at ORD/LAX when flying from those two airports direct to international destinations including Canada.

PP will give you access to the AC Maple Leaf Lounge at LAX.

Originally Posted by mia
With the Platinum Card itself, you will not be able to access any lounge at ORD or LAX unless you were flying Delta. With the Priority Pass card provided by American Express you would be able to access the lounges listed on the Priority Pass site, but these may not be convenient to the concourses or terminals used by UA:

http://www.prioritypass.com/
Unfortunately, UA United Club has discontinued its relationship with PP since May 15, 2015.

Last edited by Clipper801; Jun 25, 2015 at 7:03 am
Old Oct 25, 2016, 2:10 pm

Programs: Avios, Aeroplan, Marriott, x,Hilton
YYZ lounges Terminal 1 [Access via AMEX Plat]

I have no idea where to post this question so hoping I may get an answer here.

We will shortly be travelling home from Europe with a 5 hour layover in Toronto. Through Amex Platinum, we have access to several lounges but can't figure out which we may use. Flying YYZ to YVR is of course "domestic" but our flight home departs from T1 International terminal not T1 domestic. It seems that the Plaza Premium Lounges are quite picky as to which you may use based on International or domestic. We would love to be in one that offers the possibility of taking a shower.

Many thanks in advance for any help.
Old Oct 25, 2016, 9:51 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold100K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium LTG, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
We'll move this to the AMEX forum for now as that's how the OP is seeking access.

~beckoa, co-moderator Information Desk
Old Oct 25, 2016, 10:39 pm

Sorry, can you clarify your itinerary? and which airline?

Usually your YYZ>YVR would be T1 Domestic if on Star Alliance(Air Can) and therefore you would use the domestic departures Plaza Premium lounge in T1. It seems as though there is a shower at that one. The Plaza lounges I find are mediocre for food. Free, but I personally find Timmies is more satisfying.

BTW they usually don't stock water bottles in the fridges at Plaza's and have huge stickers on the beverage doors saying that you shouldn't take bevvys out of the lounge. Ask the front desk for some bottles of water for your flight.
Old Oct 26, 2016, 10:09 am

We are flying from Stockholm via Copenhagen to Toronto on Air Canada and then YYZ to YVR also Air Canada. The flight from YYZ to YVR is AC33 at 20.15 and our itinerary shows that it departs from T1 International. So I suppose that means that we are joining the final leg of an international flight.

Thanks for the tip on the not very good food and asking for water from the front desk. We were recently in an Alaska boardroom in Seattle where the food was pretty mediocre also. Nevertheless it is nice to have a comfortable chair to relax in.
Old Oct 26, 2016, 10:59 am

Programs: IHG Gold
Originally Posted by RTLS
I have no idea where to post this question so hoping I may get an answer here.

We will shortly be travelling home from Europe with a 5 hour layover in Toronto. Through Amex Platinum, we have access to several lounges but can't figure out which we may use. Flying YYZ to YVR is of course "domestic" but our flight home departs from T1 International terminal not T1 domestic. It seems that the Plaza Premium Lounges are quite picky as to which you may use based on International or domestic. We would love to be in one that offers the possibility of taking a shower.

Many thanks in advance for any help.
These are the lounges you can use.

YYZ-YVR- Domestic Plaza Premium Lounge
YYZ-Europe-International Plaza Premium Lounge

Unfortunately there is no shower facility at T1 Plaza Premium International Lounge.
Old Oct 26, 2016, 5:25 pm

Thank you!
Old Mar 9, 2017, 6:13 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: *G
I figure this is the best place to ask this, but the Servisair lounges in the Canadian Platinum Lounge Program...

It says

"Enjoy peace amidst the chaos of business with complimentary access to Plaza Premium Lounges and Servisair Executive Lounges regardless of the type of fare purchased or the airline booked. Lounge access is complimentary for you, your spouse and two children under the age of 21 or one travelling companion. Simply show your Business Platinum Card, your boarding pass, and, if requested, government-issued identification for lounge access."

and

"Platinum Lounge Benefit. Holders of eligible American Express Cards ("Eligible Cardmembers") may access participating Canadian and International airport lounges ("Participating Lounges") on a complimentary basis. Participating Lounges may change from time to time. For a complete listing click here"

The link to "participating lounges" is broken and the US-site "global lounge collection" list is obviously inaccurate, but how would I go about finding those lounges?

e.g.

http://www.executivelounges.com/

seems to be the link to all Servisair lounges now that they're owned by Swissport.

Basically I'm looking for a list of free airport lounges that a Business Plat gets access to. I know all Premium Plaza & Aspire lounges are part of this, but is it all Servisair/Executive Airport Lounges? Aspire is owned by Servisair/Swissport so there's that. Just want to make sure!

e.g. at DXB, there's a Terminal 1 Swissport lounge but it's NOT on priority pass, so I'm wondering if I can access that for free the same as Aspire lounges?

Again, this applies to the BusinessPlat that doesn't have the full-free Priority Pass membership... Thanks!

edit: thanks for the move mod, apologies I didn't see this thread earlier

Last edited by Smiley90; Mar 9, 2017 at 6:28 pm
Old Jul 17, 2017, 10:17 am

Originally Posted by Smiley90
I figure this is the best place to ask this, but the Servisair lounges in the Canadian Platinum Lounge Program...

It says

"Enjoy peace amidst the chaos of business with complimentary access to Plaza Premium Lounges and Servisair Executive Lounges regardless of the type of fare purchased or the airline booked. Lounge access is complimentary for you, your spouse and two children under the age of 21 or one travelling companion. Simply show your Business Platinum Card, your boarding pass, and, if requested, government-issued identification for lounge access."

and

"Platinum Lounge Benefit. Holders of eligible American Express Cards ("Eligible Cardmembers") may access participating Canadian and International airport lounges ("Participating Lounges") on a complimentary basis. Participating Lounges may change from time to time. For a complete listing click here"

The link to "participating lounges" is broken and the US-site "global lounge collection" list is obviously inaccurate, but how would I go about finding those lounges?

e.g.

http://www.executivelounges.com/

seems to be the link to all Servisair lounges now that they're owned by Swissport.

Basically I'm looking for a list of free airport lounges that a Business Plat gets access to. I know all Premium Plaza & Aspire lounges are part of this, but is it all Servisair/Executive Airport Lounges? Aspire is owned by Servisair/Swissport so there's that. Just want to make sure!

e.g. at DXB, there's a Terminal 1 Swissport lounge but it's NOT on priority pass, so I'm wondering if I can access that for free the same as Aspire lounges?

Again, this applies to the BusinessPlat that doesn't have the full-free Priority Pass membership... Thanks!

edit: thanks for the move mod, apologies I didn't see this thread earlier

I am struggling to find more information about the Canadian Business Platinum Canadian Lounge benefits as well. I called Amex and they keep referring to Priority Pass which for Cdn Business Plat, there is a $27 access fee per visit.

My understanding is that I can simply present my Cdn Business Plat and gain free +1 access to Plaza premium lounges (https://www.plaza-network.com/) and Executive Lounges (http://www.executivelounges.com/). Am I correct?
Is it worldwide?

Along with that, when flying Delta, I can gain free access (no guest) to Delta lounges.

I can access PP lounge but there is a $27 access fee per guest.
Old Feb 22, 2018, 12:14 pm

Canadian AMEX platinum lounge access

i have both the Canadian personal platinum and business platinum AMEX and with the recent change would now have doubled PP lounge access, both under my name.

I have a trip coming up with my family of 4 including my 6 and 10 year olds. Is there any way to get access to priority pass lounges for the 4 of us using these 2 cards, without having to pay at least another $150 to add my husband as supplementary or get him a new card? Switching one of the 2 cards to my husband's name is not an option?

Many thanks
Old Feb 22, 2018, 1:08 pm

Programs: IHG RA; Avis First
The Personal Plat should give you access to the Lounge with your husband and 2 kids for free. Did you get your PP already?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.