Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hotels in Hong Kong

Search this Thread

Old Mar 30, 2015, 6:38 am
Original Poster

Programs: AS 100k, BA GGL, UA 1k, DL DM, AC SE, B6 Mosaic4, Hyatt/Hilton/Wyndham/IHG Diamond, Marriot Ti
Hotels in Hong Kong

Delete

Last edited by TalkingPoint; Apr 1, 2017 at 11:31 am
Old Mar 30, 2015, 7:26 am

i doubt you're going to get good redemptions in HK, in Shenzhen you will, especially at the ritz, but not in HK. usually transferring amex points to hotels is a very lousy deal.

You're probably looking at 60k a night in HK at the ritz, so you'll have for only about 2 nights.

i would suggest you stay either at the ritz or shangri-la while in shenzhen and sign up for rewards immediately, book as many mon-fri itineraries as you can -- also check if either of the hotel chains offer bonus points during your stays. by the end of a month, you may have enough points for free weekend in HK that you could use, assuming the points for shenzhen stays will post that quick.
Old Mar 30, 2015, 12:04 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AS 100k, BA GGL, UA 1k, DL DM, AC SE, B6 Mosaic4, Hyatt/Hilton/Wyndham/IHG Diamond, Marriot Ti
DELETE

Last edited by TalkingPoint; Apr 1, 2017 at 11:32 am
Old Mar 31, 2015, 10:47 am

Programs: IHG, RC, HH, AA, QF, UA, Aeroplan
i wld take out a 140K Ritz Carlton card from Chase for min two free night at RC, or more at lower point redemption Marriott properties, i'd take out $200 ambassador @ IHG, if you haven't already got it, and have the benefit for a year, and use a BOGO free weekend night at Intercontinental, also take out their 70K IHG Chase card, enough for two nights at Holiday Inn, maybe Crowne Plaza, and you cld take out some other credit cards like the Chase Hyatt, for Hyatt nights, and UA Explorer etc, and swap the points to Hyatt or IHG for some nights.
Old Apr 1, 2015, 8:02 am

Programs: UA Plat 2MM, Delta Gold, Hilton Gold, Marriott cardboard
If you go with the Shangri-La sign up for their Golden Circle program. Even if you only stay a few nights/year, it'll spin off US$ discounts for meals at their restaurants. I eat cheap at the Shang Palace (two Michelin stars) in Kowloon at least once a year on this deal.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.