Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > American Express | Membership Rewards
Reload this Page >

GoGo internet passes: Business Centurion (unlimited), Business Platinum (10 per year)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Feb 11, 2015, 7:01 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: mia
USA-issued Business Centurion cardholders receive unlimited GoGo in-flight access. Activation and a GoGo account required.

USA-issued Business Platinum cardholders receive 10 GoGo in-flight passes per year. Each pass is valid for a single flight segment (takeoff to touchdown). Activation and a GoGo account required.

The eligible card carries an annual fee of $450 and looks like this:

Other platinum colored American Express cards are not eligible.

Activate either benefit here:

https://promotions.gogoair.com/promotion/amexSplash.do

Some Corporate cards are also eligible.
Print Wikipost

GoGo internet passes: Business Centurion (unlimited), Business Platinum (10 per year)

Search this Thread

Old Dec 14, 2014, 5:22 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP; Hilton Gold; SPG/Marriott Gold; IHG Spire Ambassador
Thumbs up GoGo internet passes: Business Centurion (unlimited), Business Platinum (10 per year)

Just got this email saying that Amex will give Business platinum holders 10 GoGo inflight wi-fi passes. Seems neat.

"Business Platinum Card Members will soon be able to access 10 complimentary Gogo inflight internet passes each calendar year. Card Members will be able to use each pass for inflight Wi-Fi internet access on any Gogo equipped flight segment.

GoGo

Gogo is currently available on more than 2,000 aircraft. Partner airlines include Air Canada, Alaska Airlines, American Airlines, Delta Air Lines, Japan Airlines, United Airlines, US Airways, and Virgin America.

The Gogo Preferred Program will be exclusively available from American Express for select Business Cards such as the Business Platinum Card®, offering free inflight internet access on any Gogo equipped flight."

Thoughts?
Old Dec 14, 2014, 5:55 pm
Suspended

Got the email too but it didn't give a time line. Thought? Good news!
Old Dec 14, 2014, 5:59 pm
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Originally Posted by strikerr
...inflight Wi-Fi internet access on any Gogo equipped flight segment.
This sounds the same as the access bundled with a Chromebook. The key is "segment". If you were to fly MIA-ATL-SLC and return you could have used 4 of your ten free segments on one trip.
Old Dec 14, 2014, 6:26 pm

Originally Posted by mia
This sounds the same as the access bundled with a Chromebook. The key is "segment". If you were to fly MIA-ATL-SLC and return you could have used 4 of your ten free segments on one trip.
Corporate card already has this benefit and it states:

any single-use Gogo pass or All Day Pass for use to access Gogo’s inflight internet service on Gogo-equipped flights
I imagine it's the same. Would suck if it's per segment. I've put in for a comment from the Amex press team, will update when they respond.

Also they aren't actually giving you passes. You purchase the pass directly from gogo and then Amex reimburses you with a statement credit within 30 days.

Last edited by Doctor of Credit; Dec 14, 2014 at 6:32 pm
Old Dec 14, 2014, 7:41 pm

Programs: US Airways Gold, Marriott Platinum, SW A List
Good Deal though, easily worth $100.
Old Dec 14, 2014, 7:46 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Depending on how many people use this, it's probably cheaper for AmEx to reimburse for GoGo up to ten times than to purchase ten passes for everyone at some bulk discount.
Old Dec 14, 2014, 7:53 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Nice deal - I'll use it while I have the card, but I don't think I'd keep the card basically for this, plus the Boingo that I got that works half the time (or less).

I'm glad they're trying to add perks back to make up for the lounge losses, but I'm not feeling that there's a lot of value with these.
Old Dec 14, 2014, 8:39 pm

Programs: DL Diamond, AS MVP Gold 75k, AA Platinum, SPG/Marriott Platinum
I've had both an Amex corporate card and business platinum. This benefit, as mentioned earlier, is on the corporate card now. Every time I use it, the credit posts right away like Amex Sync. If you fly 5 times a year, it's worth at least $100-200 in rebate.

Love the benefit on my corporate card, so I echo what's been said earlier- nice addition to make up for stuff that's been taken away.
Old Dec 14, 2014, 9:28 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP; Hilton Gold; SPG/Marriott Gold; IHG Spire Ambassador
Is there GoGo WiFi on international flights or just domestic?
Old Dec 14, 2014, 10:58 pm

Man, put this on the personal card too! Gogo kicked out Boingo before the personal platinum card users even got a chance.
Old Dec 15, 2014, 12:43 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold100K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium LTG, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
Wirelessly posted (beckoa's BB: Mozilla/5.0 (BlackBerry; U; BlackBerry 9810; en-US) AppleWebKit/534.11+ (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/7.1.0.694 Mobile Safari/534.11+)

Originally Posted by jft3
Man, put this on the personal card too! Gogo kicked out Boingo before the personal platinum card users even got a chance.
Agree- would add some solid value to the personal plat ^
Old Dec 15, 2014, 7:32 am

Programs: UA 1MM 0P, AA, DL, *wood, Lifetime FPC Plat., IHG, HHD
actually

Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
Depending on how many people use this, it's probably cheaper for AmEx to reimburse for GoGo up to ten times than to purchase ten passes for everyone at some bulk discount.
actually, I think buying 10 passes at bulk TECHNICALLY would be less than paying for all 10 randomly, but from a sunk cost/risk standpoint, they are far better off paying ad-hoc then paying upfront. although, most codes don't expire, so if they figured they would do say 10xmemberx5 years TOTAL, they could probably source 10xmemberx1-2 and get the same discount, and be still better off.
Old Dec 15, 2014, 1:04 pm

Programs: IHG, RC, HH, AA, QF, UA, Aeroplan
i just called, as i hadn't received an email, and the rep told me they aren't launching until 2015, and to expect an email.
Old Dec 15, 2014, 2:45 pm

Programs: Milege+, SkyMiles, AAdvantage, HHonors Diamond, Marriott Gold
New GOGO Benefit

Today Amex and GOGO announced the new preferred program benefit for Biz Plat card holders. See http://concourse.gogoair.com/promoti...m-card-members They also mention an upgrade in offering for Corporate Plat holders in 2015. I pay $16 for a day pass, but the announcement mentioned segments, so I am unsure of the actual dollar value this brings to the customer.

Last edited by eajusa; Dec 15, 2014 at 2:57 pm Reason: put into previous thread
Old Dec 15, 2014, 4:15 pm
Used to be 'g_leyser'

Location: Brandon Johnson International Airport (expect delays)
Programs: AA PlatPro, HH Gold, Bonvoy Gold, IHG Plat, Reno Air MEGA Platinum
Can I switch my personal Amex Plat to a Business Plat?

I would do it just for this benefit.

Or do I have to cancel and apply for a Bus. Plat separately

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.