Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > American Express | Membership Rewards
Reload this Page >

2014 Sep 15 to Nov 15 - AMEX Canada & ESSO Promo (Seems to be targeted)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Sep 23, 2014, 8:46 am
alc
Original Poster

You can earn a $10 Statement Credit when you spend $50
at a participating Esso location, up to a maximum of 3 times!*

Taking great care of your vehicle is now
more rewarding than ever before!

Spend $50 or more per transaction (after taxes) at a participating Esso location on your eligible American Express® Card between September 15th and November 15th, 2014, and you can earn one (1) $10 Statement Credit – up to a maximum of three (3) Statement Credits.

Your eligible Card ending in xxxxx has been automatically enrolled for this offer, so now all you need to do is visit a participating Esso station, spend $50 using your American Express Card and fuel up!

This offer is only available to eligible Basic American Express Consumer Cardmembers that have been sent this offer by mail or email. Only the Basic American Express Card (“eligible Card”) referenced in this communication has been enrolled for this offer and the same Card must be used as the method of payment. Maximum of three (3) statement credits up to a maximum of $30 is available per enrolled American Express Card. Transactions made with Supplementary Cards are not qualifying purchases.

To be eligible for this offer:
- Your account must be in good standing.
- You must use your eligible Card at participating Esso stations to make qualifying purchases during the offer period between September 15th and November 15th, 2014.

Qualifying Purchases for this Offer:
To be eligible for one (1) $10 (CAD) statement credit, charge $50 or more per transaction (after taxes) in purchases to your enrolled Card only at participating Esso stations during the offer period. For a full list of participating Esso locations, please visit esso.americanexpress.ca. The qualifying purchase must be completed by November 15th, 2014 and subsequently posted to the account by November 24th, 2014 to be counted as a qualifying purchase for this offer. Statement credit may take up to two billing cycles to appear on your statement and up to 10 weeks to be credited to the account, after the Cardmember has completed the qualifying purchase. We reserve the right to substitute an American Express Gift Card or cheque in lieu of the statement credit. American Express is responsible for fulfillment of this offer. In the event that you replace your eligible Card through Amex Bank because it has been lost, stolen or there has been a fraud event during the offer, your enrollment(s) and qualifying purchase(s) will be transferred to your new Card. In this scenario your replacement Card will become the eligible American Express Card for the three (3) $10 statement credits.
Old Sep 29, 2014, 10:21 am

Programs: Aeroplan, Bonvoy, Alaska, Avios
Did anyone else get the offer for Esso 93? Basically spend $50+ with Esso93 and you'll get a $10 statement credit for a max of 3 credits.

I got an email and a mailed postcard about the offer, it's for my Biz Gold card.

Last edited by mikeycanuk; Sep 29, 2014 at 11:44 am
Old Sep 29, 2014, 10:25 am
alc
Original Poster

Originally Posted by mikeycanuk
Did anyone else get the offer for Esso 93? Basically spend $50+ with Esso93 and you'll get a $10 statement credit for a max of 3 credits.
It does not need to be ESSO 93, it is any eligible $50 purchase.

Last edited by mia; Sep 29, 2014 at 10:40 am Reason: Delete circular link after moving posts.
Old Sep 29, 2014, 11:46 am

It's odd as that Amex has PetroCanada as one of the 3 suppliers for the BizGold 2X MR.
Old Sep 29, 2014, 2:12 pm

Programs: Non-status bottomfeeder
Originally Posted by alc
It does not need to be ESSO 93, it is any eligible $50 purchase.
Looks like it could even be gift cards...

Works out okay for people like me who have a Esso fleet card... but I never even got the invite
Old Sep 29, 2014, 3:48 pm

Programs: All Accor Plat, 1865 Voyager, AE E35K, HH Gold,Hyatt, Hrtz Gold, Marriott Gold, NEXUS
I got an offer for my Plat by postcard. My esso speedpass is linked to my Gold to get 2x points. My daughter (who does not drive) got the offer for her Gold.
Old Sep 29, 2014, 9:47 pm
alc
Original Poster

Originally Posted by zoobtoob
Looks like it could even be gift cards...
I would think so as well. That is what I told my in-laws and they haven't complain to me yet.
Old Oct 1, 2014, 7:50 am

Programs: All Accor Plat, 1865 Voyager, AE E35K, HH Gold,Hyatt, Hrtz Gold, Marriott Gold, NEXUS
^

Used my Amex at Esso on the 27th and a $10 credit showed up on the 30th. Will do it again today!
Old Oct 1, 2014, 9:53 am

Programs: Aeroplan Diamond, SPG Plat, Hilton Gold, Marriott
This offer is very good. $30/card
Old Oct 2, 2014, 8:40 am

Yes 3 $10 credits do equal $30!

It still won't get me to switch from Petro Canada. Unless their 93 is ethanol free, which it ain't. Loving the Petro Points on the gift cards and 2X MR miles with the Amex Gold card! I've just reloaded 200liters @10c /L on one card and 895liters @ 5c/L on the other. There was a half the points cost 5c offer a while back and I loaded up. Coming up gift cards will soon be 2x points in time for the holidays.

If I drive home through Maple I can fill up 3-4c cheaper than normal rates as there seems to be a permanent price war going on.

It helps bring down the cost of Ultra94...
Old Oct 2, 2014, 8:45 am

Programs: Aeroplan, Alaska, Marriott
Yes 3 $10 credits do equal $30!

It still won't get me to switch from Petro Canada. Unless their 93 is ethanol free, which it ain't. Loving the Petro Points on the gift cards and 2X MR miles with the Amex Gold card! I've just reloaded 200liters @10c /L on one card and 895liters @ 5c/L on the other. There was a half the points cost 5c offer a while back and I loaded up. Coming up gift cards will soon be 2x points in time for the holidays.

If I drive home through Maple I can fill up 3-4c cheaper than normal rates as there seems to be a permanent price war going on.

It helps bring down the cost of Ultra94...
doesnt Ultra94 have ethanol in it too?

im disappointed i didnt get an offer! maybe its because my AMEX Gold is relatively new.
Old Oct 3, 2014, 7:50 am

Ultra 94 has ethanol as well. So not only is it more $ but you get worse mileage.... My car does call for 93, I've occasionally used 91 but under WOT I can feel the timing getting pulled back.

Also ESSO pumps pump SUPER slow. Not bad now but when it's a -40 wind chill...BRrrrrrr

I'm doing great with the Petro Points.
Old Oct 3, 2014, 6:56 pm

Programs: Aeroplan, Alaska, Marriott
Ultra 94 has ethanol as well. So not only is it more $ but you get worse mileage.... My car does call for 93, I've occasionally used 91 but under WOT I can feel the timing getting pulled back.

Also ESSO pumps pump SUPER slow. Not bad now but when it's a -40 wind chill...BRrrrrrr

I'm doing great with the Petro Points.
yea i noticed that their pumps are slow as well.

i usually just rotate between Shell 91 and Esso 91, depending on where the promos are.
Old Oct 4, 2014, 1:15 pm
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Moderator nudge

Please discuss American Express products, policies, practices or promotions. The characteristics of the petroleum and the pump are incidental.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.