Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > American Express | Membership Rewards
Reload this Page >

Limit 1 statement credit per American Express Card across all American Express offer

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Limit 1 statement credit per American Express Card across all American Express offer

Search this Thread

Old Jul 22, 2014, 1:38 am
Original Poster

Programs: CO-plat, SPG-plat

I see this verbiage for AMEX offers in my accounts. Is this AMEX's way of telling me that I am eligible for each offer only once regardless of how many of my AMEX accounts show this same offer?

In other words, if multiple AMEX cards show the $10 off $10+ Amazon spending offer, I will be eligible for only one $10 Amazon credit. The other AMEX accounts will not receive the credit if I make an additional purchase with another AMEX account that received the offer. Has anyone actually attempted to take advantage of the same offer received under multiple AMEX accounts?
Old Jul 22, 2014, 9:35 am

I was planning on trying this for the spouses card.
Old Jul 22, 2014, 10:41 am

I have definitely gotten offers on both of my amex accounts and received credit for them. Also my hubby has received credit and I have as the second card holder on the account. I believe that the one time across all offers verbiage refers to the fact that if you sign up on facebook, twitter and through the offer page on your account, only one offer per card will be redeemed.
Old Jul 22, 2014, 11:39 am

Programs: AA Platinum, Bonvoy Gold, DL Gold
It says one statement credit per card meaning you can't get $10 off over and over again. It does not say per customer or account holder.
Old Jul 23, 2014, 1:11 pm

Programs: Alaska MVP Gold, Costco Executive Member, Safeway Club Card
Originally Posted by WheelsFirst
It says one statement credit per card meaning you can't get $10 off over and over again. It does not say per customer or account holder.
WheelsFirst is correct. I have received credit on multiple AMEX cards and authorized user cards but only one credit per card.
Old Jul 24, 2014, 12:37 pm

Doesn't it say across all offer "channels" or something like that ? That statement is all about making sure you don't think you can add something via, say Amex "My Offers" and then also add it via Twitter, Facebook, or Foursquare and think you can double dip. You can get one credit per unique card #, and it works exactly the same whether you add the offer via Twitter, Facebook, or directly via the "My Offers" tab. I say one credit per unique card # because for American Express Corporation Amex cards, all authorized users are eligible if they can find a way to add the offer to their cards, while for say, the Fidelity 2% Amex or the Wells Fargo Propel Amex, authorized user cards are useless because the card # is the same.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.