Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > American Express | Membership Rewards
Reload this Page >

A Centurion exclusive — complimentary Hertz Platinum Status

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

A Centurion exclusive — complimentary Hertz Platinum Status

Search this Thread

Old Apr 16, 2014, 2:45 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Location: Seat 1A, Juice pretty much everywhere, Mucci des Coins Exotiques
Yes I signed up and I'm thrilled. I've only done Euro rentals since signing up, but how does an upgrade from a VW Golf to a Porsche Cayenne sound?

And even in Euro airports they do curbside pickup and drop off. I walked up to the Hertz desk at AMS the other day and there was my name in big letters welcoming me. I feel quite spoiled with this deal.

As for supplemental cards, I don't know. But a Hertz Platinum member can set his or her spouse up with this service whether they have a Centurion card or not.
Old Apr 16, 2014, 7:30 pm

Originally Posted by some dude
Has anyone actually signed up / used this?

Does it include Supplemental cards?

I haven't yet called to activate [website says supplemental cardholders must call], and was curious if it's worth my time.
I have had great service in the US. Curbside service and rides back to the terminal.

I have it for myself and supplemental. I had to call for supplemental and they sent a package to fill out.
Old Apr 16, 2014, 9:52 pm

Originally Posted by stimpy
Yes I signed up and I'm thrilled. I've only done Euro rentals since signing up, but how does an upgrade from a VW Golf to a Porsche Cayenne sound?

And even in Euro airports they do curbside pickup and drop off. I walked up to the Hertz desk at AMS the other day and there was my name in big letters welcoming me. I feel quite spoiled with this deal.

As for supplemental cards, I don't know. But a Hertz Platinum member can set his or her spouse up with this service whether they have a Centurion card or not.
Interesting...so Hertz Platinum works overseas? I don't think Avis President's does.
Old Apr 16, 2014, 9:57 pm

Programs: A bit of this and a bit of that
I was wondering if Amex added this for Centurion card holders of other countries. Did anyone (who has a Centurion card issued in another country) also received the Hertz Platinum membership?

In Argentina we still have the Hertz Presidential Circle membership for Centurion cardholders.. but i have faith it might change soon, since our site gets updated every a couple of months..

Last edited by tuchop; Apr 17, 2014 at 9:57 am
Old Apr 17, 2014, 12:39 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by aviators99
Interesting...so Hertz Platinum works overseas? I don't think Avis President's does.
Yes Avis President's Club works to a degree overseas. I usually got great upgrades, but of course no curbside service. However that's all in the past now that I have Hertz Platinum!

Or will Avis now move Centurion members to the Chairman level to compete?
Old Jul 28, 2014, 10:58 am

Programs: VIRTUOSO Travel agent, Amex cent, FB Lifetime Plat.
French Centurion ?...

hi,

Does the centurion website forwards you to a hertz website to complete the registration?
In france it does for the president's circle.
If it does would you pm me the link as we are not offered the hertz Plat but the President Circle.

Thanks,
Old Jul 28, 2014, 1:18 pm

Used the Platinum service again today. I arrived in YVR after Hertz closed last night so cabbed to my hotel. Because the airport location had closed I booked at a city location for pick up today. When I called to figure out where they were they said "no problem, we'll deliver the car" It showed up within 30 minutes to my hotel all paperwork done! Awesome service
Old Jul 31, 2014, 7:51 pm

Programs: Amex Centurion, United Global Services
Just received my Cent/Hertz/Plat welcome kit today, same account number as my Gold account, looking forward to giving it a test!

The airport pickup and drop-off sounds great, I understand it's not available at a lot of locations, do you guys feel you get it very often?
Old Jul 31, 2014, 9:02 pm

Originally Posted by DMSFCA
Just received my Cent/Hertz/Plat welcome kit today, same account number as my Gold account, looking forward to giving it a test!

The airport pickup and drop-off sounds great, I understand it's not available at a lot of locations, do you guys feel you get it very often?
The pick up benefit is available at pretty much every location. Some do it better than others. SNA, where it's not really needed meet you at baggage claim and walk you to the curb where a car shows up quickly. Others you have to call and they come to get you.
Old Jul 31, 2014, 11:10 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by DMSFCA
I get it at LAX of course, but I think I would prefer to go to the lot next time to maybe choose a different car. I don't want Hertz to choose for me.

In Europe Platinum service is awesome. I always get top of the line cars like Porsche or Mercedes. At AMS they will bring the car to the curb for you, but again I prefer to take a 5 minute walk over to the garage to choose for myself.
Old Aug 2, 2014, 3:21 pm
BLV

In Europe Platinum service is awesome. I always get top of the line cars like Porsche or Mercedes. At AMS they will bring the car to the curb for you, but again I prefer to take a 5 minute walk over to the garage to choose for myself.
This is so tempting!!! I'm an email away from canceling my Porsche rental through the hotel in South of France to try & see how Platinum will work. Off to read up on cancelation policy.
Old Aug 2, 2014, 4:16 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by BLV
This is so tempting!!! I'm an email away from canceling my Porsche rental through the hotel in South of France to try & see how Platinum will work. Off to read up on cancelation policy.
If it is really important that you have a Porsche, you shouldn't cancel. There's no guarantee that you will get that as an upgrade. At LYS I mostly get Mercedes and I haven't seen any Porsches there. At AMS they have at least 4 different Porsches, Cayenne, Panamera, Cayman and 911. But they could all be reserved for someone else. You never know. I've gotten the Cayman and Cayenne as upgrades though.
Old Aug 2, 2014, 4:37 pm

Programs: A bit of this and a bit of that
If it is really important that you have a Porsche, you shouldn't cancel. There's no guarantee that you will get that as an upgrade. At LYS I mostly get Mercedes and I haven't seen any Porsches there. At AMS they have at least 4 different Porsches, Cayenne, Panamera, Cayman and 911. But they could all be reserved for someone else. You never know. I've gotten the Cayman and Cayenne as upgrades though.
What car do you choose when making the reservation?
Old Aug 3, 2014, 3:18 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by tuchop
What car do you choose when making the reservation?
Usually the cheapest normal car. Like a VW Golf. But at AMS I've been told that I shouldn't normally get a Porsche upgrade from a VW Golf. They said a Porsche upgrade would be more of a sure thing if I booked a Volvo. Sometimes when booking the VW I get an Audi instead.

But at LYS and CDG it has been 100% Mercedes or BMW upgrade from a cheap Renault. Except one time when at the desk I asked if they had any SUV's and they gave me a Volvo XC60 SUV.
Old Aug 3, 2014, 9:46 pm
BLV

I'm not canceling my 911 rental (through hotel) while I wait for Hertz to get back to me about an Aston Martin, which will be only slightly more for 5 days than the 911 for 2! Wonder what they'd upgrade me to if it's not available on arrival lol

Thanks for your input, it's been instrumental in considering them overseas.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.