Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Additional Card for a UK citizen on my US account.

Search this Thread

Old Nov 9, 2013, 4:51 am
Original Poster

Programs: Le Club Accor: Plat, HHonors Gold, Marriott/SPG: Gold, AMEX Platinum
Additional Card for a UK citizen on my US account.

I was wondering if anyone knew if it were possible for me to add my fiance who is from the UK as an additional card holder to my AMEX Platinum US account? I went to the additional cards form on the AMEX website and it requires I put a Social Security Number of the individual I want to add, but since UK citizens have NINOs instead of SSNs is it possible to maybe do it over the phone? Has anyone ever had a similar issue?
Old Nov 9, 2013, 5:01 am

Programs: BA something, Luftwaffe SEN, CX Gold, Pilsbury Doughboy Fanclub, and lots of Amex cards
My now wife (US citizen) put me as an additional cardholder on her US amex and chase BA cards before i had an SSN.

Call them and it shouldn't be a problem
Old Nov 9, 2013, 5:40 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by leaveamessage
My now wife (US citizen) put me as an additional cardholder on her US amex and chase BA cards before i had an SSN.

Call them and it shouldn't be a problem
Thanks! hopefully there's no problems with it, do you remember what kind of info she needed to have of yours before contacting AMEX?
Old Nov 9, 2013, 6:49 am
Original Poster

Just called and did it, it was actually quite painless.. all they needed was passport number, issue date, and expiry date.
Old Nov 12, 2013, 12:43 am

When I originally added a supplementary card for my husband several years ago (Danish citizen) on my U.S.-based AmEx, it was done without any SSN. Last year, my account had to be closed and re-issued due to a security breach, and they insisted on an SSN for his card. I gave the tax ID number that I had established for him for filing my taxes (not SSN) and they took it.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.