Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Amex Business Gold 50K on again! (4/16/2013)

Search this Thread

Old Apr 16, 2013, 3:54 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K

Just saw this pop up:

http://www262.americanexpress.com/bu...ess-card/30426

5K spend required within 3 months.

Have fun!
Old Apr 16, 2013, 4:02 pm
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
See this thread from the previous offer for answers to recurring questions about American Express and Membership Rewards:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/ameri...-4-months.html
Old Apr 16, 2013, 4:35 pm

Am I am eligible for this offer if I cancelled my business gold card in 2011?
Old Apr 16, 2013, 7:26 pm
Formerly known as iahsumr

Originally Posted by bandz
The terms say that welcome bonus offer (the 50K points) is not available to applicants who have had this product or any other Business Gold, Green or Platinum Card® account within the last 12 months.

So assuming you haven't had any of those cards since April 2012 you should be good to go.
Old Apr 16, 2013, 7:34 pm

Originally Posted by bandz
from View from the wing

"The card offer is specifically not available for anyone who has had an American Express business card earning Membership Rewards points within the past year. Personal cards are fine, a similar card more than a year ago appears to be fine, but if you had this or a similar card in the past 12 months the offer is not for you."
Old Apr 16, 2013, 8:09 pm

Programs: UA 1K, SPG Platinum, Hyatt Diamond, Hilton Platinum, Marriott Platinum

Quite! I have a number of cards i like, but now feel I must close them just to keep up.
Old Apr 16, 2013, 8:13 pm
Suspended

Programs: AA, Hilton Gold
I'm torn. I'm not quite at my 91 day window yet, but this is a very good offer...
Old Apr 16, 2013, 8:48 pm

Originally Posted by PainCorp
I'm torn. I'm not quite at my 91 day window yet, but this is a very good offer...

i dont see why this is an above average offer...could you explain?

the 50k with 1k spend a few months ago was great
Old Apr 16, 2013, 8:53 pm
Suspended

Programs: AA, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by physicscx2

Because 50,000 is more than 0.

Take another look....this is the Business card, not the personal one.

Last edited by PainCorp; Apr 16, 2013 at 9:48 pm
Old Apr 16, 2013, 9:28 pm

Programs: Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum
I'm debating whether to get it.

Since I'm already sitting on a few cards with min spending req, the only way I can meet the spend here is max out AP for 3 months for $3000, and making $2000 in real purchase.

Would that be high risk of getting a FR?
Old Apr 16, 2013, 9:45 pm

Originally Posted by physicscx2

It's a 'good' offer, but I certainly wouldn't call it 'great'. The blogs are all trumpeting it because they just got their affiliate links -- so despite all the proclamations of what an 'AMAZING' deal this is, don't be taken in by it. It's true that the 'normal' offer for this card is no bonus, for which you'd be foolish to sign up for. The 50k offer (and the 75k offer, for that matter) come around every so often. If you were planning to get a biz PRG, now might be the time to do it. If you weren't, I wouldn't lose any sleep over missing this.
Old Apr 17, 2013, 8:30 am

Programs: lots of little things
Originally Posted by gloreglabert
It's a 'good' offer, but I certainly wouldn't call it 'great'. The blogs are all trumpeting it because they just got their affiliate links -- so despite all the proclamations of what an 'AMAZING' deal this is, don't be taken in by it. It's true that the 'normal' offer for this card is no bonus, for which you'd be foolish to sign up for. The 50k offer (and the 75k offer, for that matter) come around every so often. If you were planning to get a biz PRG, now might be the time to do it. If you weren't, I wouldn't lose any sleep over missing this.
^^

And as the title implies, it'll be back again another day.
Old Apr 17, 2013, 9:44 am

Originally Posted by italdesign
I'm debating whether to get it.

Since I'm already sitting on a few cards with min spending req, the only way I can meet the spend here is max out AP for 3 months for $3000, and making $2000 in real purchase.

Would that be high risk of getting a FR?
I have used nothing but AP for all of my minimum spends for every card I have signed up for. This is because my actual expenses for the month that I can possibly charge maybe add up to $500. I do almost no spending on my CCs other than AP.

I've never had a FR from amex, and I've done a 5k spend over 2 months, and a 1k spend recently for my wife for the 50k/$1k offer.

Personally, I'd wait, since a 50k/1k will come, and maybe even another 75/5k, which would rock. Especially if your spending threshold is so low. I have to be judicious about my applications since I am in a similar boat. I usually will only apply for one 5k spend card at a time, and only if my other cards are "with first spend". Last thing I want to do is waste a credit pull by missing the bonus.
Old Apr 17, 2013, 3:07 pm

Programs: OneWorld, SkyTeam, StarAlliance
I signed up one Nov 2012 with 75000 points/$3000 offer. I would abate my time unless I need 50K soon.
Old Apr 17, 2013, 7:03 pm

Originally Posted by UniqueDragon
I would abate my time
It's really not worth killing yourself...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.