AMEX Business Card application process

Search this Thread

Old Aug 2, 2012, 11:20 am
Suspended
Original Poster

Programs: AAdvantage Platinum, Hilton HHonors Gold
AMEX Business Card application process

Hi folks,

I have recently applied for an AMEX Business card (SPG one) and the application said further details/info are required and they would contact me within 48 hours. Is that normal?

Thanks
Old Aug 2, 2012, 11:52 am
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Moderator action

Thread moved from MilesBuzz! as explained in this Announcement:

Where to Post Credit Card Topics

I have re-titled the thread because the question is not specific to the rewards program (SPG) offered by the card.
Old Aug 2, 2012, 12:19 pm

Programs: Marriott, Radisson, AA, UA
I believe they're probably going to ask you to provide proof of your business, such as a utility bill or bank statement with your business name.
Old Aug 2, 2012, 1:54 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Programs: AAdvantage Platinum, Hilton HHonors Gold
Would my registration as DBA with the Local clerk office suffice? Has anyone had any experience with this? Is this the same as a "fictitious name registration"?

Thanks!
Old Aug 2, 2012, 8:15 pm

Or they could be wanting to interview you about your business. I've gotten calls on AMEX business cards after applications and they asked the same stuff that's on the application and then they went through what the average monthly expenses are and how I would use the card to my best benefit. Half gathering info about the business and half marketing about how the card can help you. That was my experience.
Old Aug 2, 2012, 10:37 pm

Originally Posted by ddallas
Or they could be wanting to interview you about your business. I've gotten calls on AMEX business cards after applications and they asked the same stuff that's on the application and then they went through what the average monthly expenses are and how I would use the card to my best benefit. Half gathering info about the business and half marketing about how the card can help you. That was my experience.
+1. I would assume they just want more information about your business.
Old Aug 3, 2012, 5:09 am

How often do they ask for proof? My wife just got a 75,000 business gold card offer in the mail and no way will she be willing to talk to them about her "sole prop". She has a bank statement in her name only but all utilities are in my name.

Do they send something in the mail too?

I applied for the business SPG card a year ago and had no questions.
Old Aug 3, 2012, 6:35 am

I got the same message when I applied for the SPG biz two months ago, saying that I should call them. I called them 2 days later and they said everything was fine, they didn't need any info, and the card was on its way.

Originally Posted by mileshound
How often do they ask for proof? My wife just got a 75,000 business gold card offer in the mail and no way will she be willing to talk to them about her "sole prop". She has a bank statement in her name only but all utilities are in my name.

Do they send something in the mail too?

I applied for the business SPG card a year ago and had no questions.
My husband applied for the 75k business gold card and received it, no questions asked. (Actually I applied on his behalf.) When the card arrived, it required that you call to activate it, and I knew from prior experience that when doing that they would ask some basic questions about your biz in their efforts to better serve you and meet your needs. I knew there was no way he would be able to put up with it, so I asked my son to stand in. Gave him a list of basic security info and biz questions. However the rep came up with a stumper, "When is your mother's birthday" and we didn't have that ... we were able to come up with the month, and the rep accepted it, everything else being ok. Maybe there were some security questions that were asked upon application and I didn't make a proper note of them. The biz questions were basic like what kind of business is it, and how much spend to you expect to put on the card, do you want to add any authorized users.

Last edited by mia; Aug 3, 2012 at 2:40 pm
Old Aug 3, 2012, 8:42 am

Originally Posted by GoGreen
My husband applied for the 75k business gold card and received it, no questions asked. (Actually I applied on his behalf.) When the card arrived, it required that you call to activate it, and I knew from prior experience that when doing that they would ask some basic questions about your biz in their efforts to better serve you and meet your needs. I knew there was no way he would be able to put up with it, so I asked my son to stand in. Gave him a list of basic security info and biz questions. However the rep came up with a stumper, "When is your mother's birthday" and we didn't have that ... we were able to come up with the month, and the rep accepted it, everything else being ok. Maybe there were some security questions that were asked upon application and I didn't make a proper note of them. The biz questions were basic like what kind of business is it, and how much spend to you expect to put on the card, do you want to add any authorized users.
I, like many others I am sure, are just like you. We apply on our SOs behalf and they accept it but they do not want to talk to any from the card companies. That is why i like secure message. It is nice to have duel earning opportunities so i accept their wishes but do not forgo the earning of extra miles. Citi wanted to talk to my wife once about an app so I just let it die. I attribute it as a cost of playing the game.
Old Aug 3, 2012, 3:07 pm

When I did a big round for self, husband and daughter a few years ago when credit was a little tight there were a number of phone calls from the company to the house asking for the applicable person. Not good. Now the only phone number I supply for anyone is my own cell. Yes, that's the home phone.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.