Community
Wiki Posts
Search

62k MR points staying at W South Beach

Search this Thread

Old Jul 27, 2012, 10:10 am
Original Poster

Cool 62k MR points staying at W South Beach

I want to stay at the W in South Beach Miami FL Sept 7 - 10th.

What is my best options to get the most out of my Plaitnum's 62k MR points? Should I transfer them or book through Platinum travel?

Thank you so much for all your help in advance!
Old Jul 27, 2012, 10:25 am
Community Director Emerita

I believe that MR points transfer at a 3 to 1 ratio to SPG points. Thus, your hard earned 62K MR points would only be 20K SPG points.

W South Beach "costs" 30K SPG points per night. You don't have enough for one night. I found rates of sub-$500 for the date range that you gave. AAA rate is sub-$400. I'd definitely look at what benefits Platinum travel can offer, and consider paying for the hotel. I don't know rates at this hotel, but was very surprised to find the following for $399 AAA, $499 otherwise:

Fantastic suite, non-smoking: King Bed,
Non-smoking,
746-1,129 sq. ft. / 69-105 m²,
Old Jul 27, 2012, 10:32 am

i would get a SPG Amex and use that to pay for it (so you are earning valuable points). your MR points are worth more elsewhere.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.