Are neice and nephew considered "immediate family" for lounge access?

Subscribe
Greetings,

Will be traveling with niece and nephew. Can my neice and nephew be considered "immediate family" for the sake of admission to an airline lounge? I don't mind buying day passes but if I don'tave to, I don't want to.
Are you asking about a Platinum Card lounge (AA, DL, US) or a Priority Pass lounge?
Quote: Are you asking about a Platinum Card lounge (AA, DL, US) or a Priority Pass lounge?
Probably Platinum Card lounge since Priority Pass doesn't have any benefits for immediate family members.
Can you not just tell them they are your "immeidately family" ?
Quote: Will be traveling with niece and nephew. Can my neice and nephew be considered "immediate family" for the sake of admission to an airline lounge?
I fly plenty with my wife and kids, and I've never been asked any questions regarding relationship. If it is remotely possible your niece and nephew could be your kids, I think most agents would find it tactless to ask...just hand over your boarding pass, AmEx, and ID.

If asked, be honest. Not so much recently, but I've seen the clubs grant exceptions to those who pleasantly request it (NB: reasonable exceptions, such as adult couple traveling with parents, which is technically one more person than allowed).
I would just check in and say this is my family which is the truth.
I have run into questions like this, as I've traveled with up to 6 cousins at the same time - all with the same last name (and in the same general age range +/- 5 years). I was told once that the last name thing helps. Even if we're not at the same address, I said we we all brothers (7 guys), and she verified IDs, BPs, and said no problem.
From American Express Travel Insurance Definition, good as any:

Immediate family – spouse, parent, legal guardian, legal ward, step-parent, grandparent,
grandchild, in-law, natural or adopted child, step-child, brother, sister, step-brother, step-sister,
aunt, uncle, niece, nephew.

Here is the link:
https://secure.cmax.americanexpress....ct_english.pdf
Quote: From American Express Travel Insurance Definition, good as any:

Immediate family – spouse, parent, legal guardian, legal ward, step-parent, grandparent,
grandchild, in-law, natural or adopted child, step-child, brother, sister, step-brother, step-sister,
aunt, uncle, niece, nephew.

Here is the link:
https://secure.cmax.americanexpress....ct_english.pdf
This allows for a huge "immediate family."

I wonder why the OP can't take the niece and nephew into the lounge as the two permitted guests.
Quote: Probably Platinum Card lounge since Priority Pass doesn't have any benefits for immediate family members.
I asked because the Platinum Card entry benefit at AA, DL and US lounges does not mention "immediate family", it is very specific:

Quote:
The Platinum member's spouse and children under the age of 21 or up to two companions may enter the club as complimentary guests.
http://exploreplatinum.americanexpre...enefits/Travel

...but some individual lounges which participate in Priority Pass may use that terminology to limit the number of people who enter.
Lounge access isn't the same as insurance.

(response to post #8 above that I meant to quote)
Quote: I asked because the Platinum Card entry benefit at AA, DL and US lounges does not mention "immediate family", it is very specific:

http://exploreplatinum.americanexpre...enefits/Travel

...but some individual lounges which participate in Priority Pass may use that terminology to limit the number of people who enter.
So if the nieces and nephews are under 21, they qualify as "children" since it didn't say the "cardholder's children" specifically?
Ok, to answer some of your questions...Asking about Plat. card as Priority Pass as each lounge has it's own rules from the few I have looked at.

All last names are different, wife will be traveling with me and both of the kids are 20 right now. I just didn't know how flexible the rules were "spouse and children under 21 or 2 traveling companions."
Quote: Ok, to answer some of your questions...Asking about Plat. card as Priority Pass as each lounge has it's own rules from the few I have looked at.

All last names are different, wife will be traveling with me and both of the kids are 20 right now. I just didn't know how flexible the rules were "spouse and children under 21 or 2 traveling companions."
Perhaps in some cultures the kids can have different last names than the parents? or perhaps your "kids" got name changes because they were teased in school?
Danieliam, they were teased no more than you in school...LOL...Thanks everyone for the replies. Shall see what happens