Wiki Posts
Search

Free credit score through amex offer?

Search this Thread

Old Apr 28, 2012, 11:44 am
Original Poster

https://partner.experiandirect.com/c...f/Default.aspx

(you might need to be logged in first before you can see the page)

Is this new? Saw it as a banner ad when I logged into my account today. Am a bit afraid to click "get yours" in case it involves some 3-month subscription to some BS service.
Old Apr 28, 2012, 9:58 pm

Programs: AA Exp, but not sure for how long. Enterprise Platinum woo-hoo!
It probably does. If you haven't done so yet, check out creditkarma.com, and there is a similar service whose name I forget - maybe someone else knows.
Old Apr 29, 2012, 4:16 am

hmm, Amex used to offer free credit reports, but the only thing I see now is a service oriented thing that is fee based. It is a merged 3 bureau report with scores for $1 intro rate for 30 days, turning into $15/month if you don't cancel. Credit Secure.

Certainly the triple bureau merged report is worth $1 if you remember to cancel, otherwise you can just get the free annual credit report from the bureaus themselves, one per year per credit bureau @ https://www.annualcreditreport.com/ (No free score there, just a basic credit report)

-David

Last edited by LIH Prem; Apr 29, 2012 at 4:32 am
Old Apr 29, 2012, 12:59 pm

Programs: (PM)AA SPG (Marriott), Hilton
CreditSecure is a subscription product provided by Experian. You click through the AMEX Site and sign up, the first report is free. If you don't cancel, it's $14.99 per month, and you get 2 reports every 30 days. You can upgrade to $24.99/mo and get as many reports as you want each month.

They pull all 3, but the 'scores' appear to be what Experian calculates, even for the other two CB's.

Reportly, you can get the first report and cancel immediately, but you do have to call the credit secure number and cancel yourself. It doesn't appear you can cancel via AMEX.
Old Apr 29, 2012, 2:10 pm

Other sites to get a free simulated FAKO score include:

www.creditkarma.com (previously mentioned Transunion FAKO every day)
www.creditsesame.com (Experian FAKO every 1 month)
www.quizzle.com (Experian FAKO every 6 months)
Old May 3, 2012, 2:27 am

Funny you mentioned this, because I got an email today telling me it was time to get my free annual credit report and score from Experian via the Amex offer, which I guess I did last year. I had to log out and back in a couple of times for it to come up without re-registering and they do want you to sign up for credit secure thing, but I was able to just get the experian report and fako score using the link in the email without signing up for the free or $1 credit secure trial offer. I was a bit suspect because the email is from exprpt.com.

-David

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.