Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Best use for 170k White (Zync) AMEX MR points

Search this Thread

Old Sep 28, 2011, 12:06 am
Original Poster

Best use for 170k White (Zync) AMEX MR points

I've been using the Blue AMEX for years and more recently the White AMEX. I have over 170k MR points, but I've discovered they aren't the full MR points. I'm thinking about upgrading to the Platinum or Gold+ (esp if I can qualify for one of the bonus IDs) because I'm going to be doing some international traveling.

My question is 1) what's the best use for my points? 2) is it possible I can transfer my current points to full MR points after I upgrade to Plat/Gold+ so I can get the benefits of transferring to airlines? 3) how can I maximize the free MR points if I upgrade to a Plat/Gold+, do I apply online or do I call and ask to be upgraded?
Old Sep 28, 2011, 1:40 am

Programs: UA 1P, AA Plat, SW AL/CP
Originally Posted by ace18
1) what's the best use for my points?
Transferring to an airline and redeeming for international business/first class travel. If you want to transfer to Continental or Delta, do it before the end of the month (if possible).

2) is it possible I can transfer my current points to full MR points after I upgrade to Plat/Gold+ so I can get the benefits of transferring to airlines?
Yes, but it might cost you $40/year to link the MR accounts

3) how can I maximize the free MR points if I upgrade to a Plat/Gold+, do I apply online or do I call and ask to be upgraded?
To maximize points you should apply for a new card. I believe the best GUARANTEED deal right now is the 50k MR points for a Business Premier Rewards Gold Card.
Old Sep 28, 2011, 3:15 am

Originally Posted by chutchins
Transferring to an airline and redeeming for international business/first class travel. If you want to transfer to Continental or Delta, do it before the end of the month (if possible).

Yes, but it might cost you $40/year to link the MR accounts

To maximize points you should apply for a new card. I believe the best GUARANTEED deal right now is the 50k MR points for a Business Premier Rewards Gold Card.

What is the bonus id for this 50K MR points?
Old Sep 28, 2011, 7:18 am
mia
Flyertalk Posting Legend Moderator: Credit Card Programs, American Express, Capital One, Chase, Citi, Diners Club, Signatures.

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
2) is it possible I can transfer my current points to full MR points after I upgrade to Plat/Gold+
Blue and Zync participate in Membership Rewards Express, which does not permit transfers. If you apply for a Green, Gold or Platinum card your new card account should be automatically linked to the same Membership Rewards account and all of points will be transferable. There is no fee for this, unless your new card is a "corporate" version provided by your employer. (Business cards are not Corporate cards.)

For a discussion of best redemption value, see this thread:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/ameri...iftcards.html?

Originally Posted by drroot
What is the bonus id for this 50K MR points?
See this thread:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/ameri...rs-2011-a.html

Last edited by mia; Sep 28, 2011 at 8:53 am
Old Sep 28, 2011, 7:48 am

Programs: Hyatt, Hilton, Marriott // WN, AA, BA, UA, AS // Avis
Def. worth getting the green or gold card and paying the fee to make them "full" MR points that are transferable. 170k points can get you pretty much anywhere in the world in first class.
Old Sep 28, 2011, 8:44 am

I've been using the Blue AMEX for years and more recently the White AMEX. I have over 170k MR points, but I've discovered they aren't the full MR points. I'm thinking about upgrading to the Platinum or Gold+ (esp if I can qualify for one of the bonus IDs) because I'm going to be doing some international traveling.

My question is 1) what's the best use for my points? 2) is it possible I can transfer my current points to full MR points after I upgrade to Plat/Gold+ so I can get the benefits of transferring to airlines? 3) how can I maximize the free MR points if I upgrade to a Plat/Gold+, do I apply online or do I call and ask to be upgraded?
I had the Zync card and upgraded to the Premier Reward Gold and they transferred my Zync points to my PRG with no problem/no fees. I had thirty days from when I cancelled my card to add them to a new card. I had to cancel to be eligible for a signup bonus on the PRG.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.