Wiki Posts
Search

[CLOSED] BWI Airspace Airport Lounge Access

Search this Thread

Old May 27, 2011, 10:05 am
Company Representative, AirSpace Lounges
Original Poster

[CLOSED] BWI Airspace Airport Lounge Access

Starting today Airspace Lounge will be catering to arriving passengers at BWI's Concourse D from 5AM to 9PM daily. Airspace has been serving primarily departing customers at BWI since we opened our doors on May 7, 2011 and we are glad to be able to broaden our offering in a tailored way to arriving customers.

Customers that would like to freshen up, use our large in-lounge restrooms and grab some coffee & a sandwich before heading to their meeting or to their home in the Baltimore/Washington area can take advantage of the Airspace Arrival product by mentioning it at the Airspace check-in desk.

The Airspace Arrivals product includes:
  • An arrivals amenity kit (beginning early June 2011)
  • A to-go sandwich, salad or wrap. Customers may also linger in-lounge if they wish and if they’re not hungry, AM arrivals may elect to have a morning cocktail such as a mimosa, bloody mary or screwdriver instead of breakfast. Breakfast items include a hot bacon, egg and cheese biscuit or a hot sausage egg & cheese english muffin along with vegetarian and cold choices.
  • Use of Airspace’s in-lounge restrooms with extra-large stalls for changing clothes
  • Peet’s coffee & tea, orange juice, other juices and soft drinks all available to-go

The Airspace Arrivals product is available to any arriving passenger on any flight of any airline, but it being developed to cater to longer-haul arriving flights into BWI’s Concourse D including:

Airline ----Flight----Origin----Dest----Dept------Arrival------Equip
FL-------749------SEA-----BWI-----1011p------611a-------737
UA-------470------LAX-----BWI-----1039p-----636a-------757
FL-------393------LAX-----BWI------1040p-----645a-------737
FL-------1191-----SFO-----BWI-----1125p-----736a-------737
US-------81-------PHX-----BWI-----849a------414p-------319
UA-------306------LAX-----BWI-----1003a-----604p-------319
FL-------391------LAX-----BWI-----1135a------740p-------737
FL-------747------SEA-----BWI-----1245p------845p-------737

Airspace’s standard entry fee of $17.50 including all above amenities will be charged for this service and entry with all amenities will be complimentary for American Express Platinum (c) and Centurion (c) members, their immediate family and up to two guests.

Airspace Lounge is located at BWI Thurgood Marshall Airport on Concourse D just past Gate D10 and is no more than a 3 minute walk to any upper level Concourse D gate. Airspace Lounge is open to any traveler on any airline and offers a quiet, luxurious place to wait for or to arrive from a flight at BWI.

A 7-page Flyertalk thread about Airspace Lounge can be found using this link.

Note:this will be cross-posted on UA, FL and US forums. Mods, we believe we're in compliance with this post but we'd be pleased to modify it if it infringes on T&Cs of FT
Old Jul 19, 2011, 12:54 pm

BWI Airspace Airport Lounge Access

Hope this isn't a dupe.

Just received this (live in DC), and it sounds like a very nice new benefit.

Whatever airline you're flying, your Platinum Card gets you complimentary access to the new Airspace Lounge™ at Baltimore Washington International Airport (BWI). Located on BWI's concourse D, Airspace Lounge is re-defining the airport experience daily from 5am to 9pm. Remember to travel with your Platinum Card to gain access.

Airspace Lounge offers travelers a luxurious oasis to relax, work and enjoy a selection of food & beverages. Platinum Card members and their spouse and children or up to two companions will receive complimentary entry, plus:

• Complimentary meal or alcoholic drink
• Unlimited Peet's coffee & tea and soft drinks
• Free wireless internet
• Power outlets at every seat
• Access to MacBooks and Windows PCs

The terms and conditions mention that spouse and children under 21 or up to two companions can enter with the cardholder.

I wonder what other airports will have these Airspace Lounges?
Old Jul 19, 2011, 1:01 pm
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Previous mention in post 257 of the primary lounge access thread:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/16341681-post257.html

The link in that post is broken, but in the next post there is a link to a discussion in the UA section of Flyertalk:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/unite...l#post16341375
Old Jul 19, 2011, 3:52 pm

Programs: AA2, DL2, Amtrak2, US2, SPG1, MAR2
Video of Airspace Lounge CEO on Fox Business...apparently before the Amex partnership was announced.

http://video.foxnews.com/v/4644899/w...rport-in-style
Old Jul 19, 2011, 8:41 pm

Now if they will just take over the Mexicana lounge in SAT, I could have lounge access after CO closes the door to AMEX.
Old Jul 21, 2011, 10:26 am

Programs: UA GS, AS MVP 100K, DL Diamond, Marriot Lifetime Titanium, AmEx Centurion
Originally Posted by Dreps
Whatever airline you're flying, your Platinum Card gets you complimentary access to the new Airspace Lounge™ at Baltimore Washington International Airport (BWI).
I never got this, but I hope we can assume it also applies to US Centurion?
Old Jul 25, 2011, 5:15 pm

Programs: WN A-list & CP, Delta GM
Yes, it does apply to Centurion per their FAQ.

Originally Posted by ironmanjt
I never got this, but I hope we can assume it also applies to US Centurion?
Old Jul 25, 2011, 7:57 pm
Four Seasons Contributor Badge

Programs: AA PLT+2MM / DL DM+1MM / A3 *G / Fairmont LT Plat / Ritz Gold / SPG Gold
• Complimentary meal or alcoholic drink
Sadly, booze aren't free at this lounge. From their FAQ: "Access to a full bar where spirits, beer and wines are available for a fee." Non-alcoholic drinks are free.
Reference: http://airspacelounge.com/faq.php

I wonder what other airports will have these Airspace Lounges?
None have them yet, nor have any specific plans been announced.

Nice to see Amex working out access here. Works well for both cardmembers and the lounge owner, and might get a few BWI-based *A pax to sign up with Amex.

Hint: 300 MR point vouchers (a la DL's recent promotion) would help, too!
Old Jul 25, 2011, 8:21 pm

Programs: UA-1K, MM, Hilton-Diamond, Marriott-Titanium
I was there on Friday using my Plat. Card. I would not pay $20. But as a benny from the card it's fine. They do have fresh brewed ice tea that was great. I found the chairs very uncomfortable though. Wifi worked fine.
Old Jul 26, 2011, 5:59 am
mia

Originally Posted by cruisr
...chairs very uncomfortable...
Is there only (predominantly) one style chair throughout the lounge?
Old Jul 26, 2011, 8:57 pm
Company Representative, AirSpace Lounges
Original Poster

Hi Amex FTers,

If anyone is curious, our menu can be found here.

Although there are prices listed on the menu, everyone who enters the lounge receives a complimentary food item (sandwich, salad, hot breakfast item, etc.) and if you're not hungry we now offer our customers a free alcoholic drink at the bar instead of a complimentary menu item; it's a choice from our higher-end rail spirits, house wine, or domestic beers up to a Yuengling. We'll be updating that on the website soon. Thanks for pointing it out Mia.

If you're an arriving customer (especially from those red-eyes on the west coast), just let our staff know and they'd be glad to hand you a complimentary amenity kit as well.

Thanks for the interest in Airspace.
Old Jul 27, 2011, 1:44 pm

Programs: DM, AA, UA,HH,Priority, Amtrak, Starwwod, BA, Marriott
I used the lounge in late June and while it is quite small it was nonetheless a welcome respite. I did get the drink chit and must say the staff were very friendly and welcoming. This is definitely a welcome AMEX benefit.
Old Jul 28, 2011, 4:00 pm

Saw this in one of the e-mails regarding the Platinum card. Sounds like a great deal, wish I was a regular going through BWI! It'll be nice to have an actual sandwich for a change instead of pretzels and crackers. Thanks as well for the additional info AirspaceOnFT.
Old Aug 5, 2011, 1:33 pm

Angry

It is too good to be true if you are an AmEx Platinum Card member. The advertising is quite simply false and misleading. Only certain AmEx Platinum cards count other are disqualified contrary to advertising and their own FAQs at http://www.airspacelounge.com/faq.php quoting: FAQ "I have an American Express® Platinum Card; can I enter the lounge free of charge? a. Yes, American Express® Platinum and Centurion members are permitted in the lounge free of charge" This is a lie just try to enter AirSpace at BWI without the "correct" AmEx Platinum. I have had one for over 40 years and was told it was not the right AmEx Platinum.
Old Aug 5, 2011, 1:47 pm
mia

Originally Posted by Kalevala
I have had one for over 40 years and was told it was not the right AmEx Platinum.
Welcome to Flyertalk.

This may be true. In this context The Platinum Card refers only to this charge card:

https://www295.americanexpress.com/c...do?pmccode=137

...and carries an annual fee of $450. It's the annual fee which covers the cost of the lounge access program.

Unfortunately, American Express has issued various credit cards that are silver colored or include the term Platinum in their name. Most of these cards have been retired, but if you already have one they will continue to renew it. What is the exact name of your card?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.