Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Dec 4, 2013, 9:09 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: mia
USA Platinum cardholders reported $100, $200 and $500 versions of a peremptory retention offer:
You will receive up to $X00 in statement credits toward American Airlines and US Airways incidental fees charged to your Card from March 22, 2014 to December 31, 2014....These statement credits are in addition to the $200 Airline Fee Credit2 benefit already included in your Membership
Most US lounges, and some AA lounges, had also accepted Priority Pass. Priority Pass access ended on 3.22.2014. See post 649.

As a result of the recently announced merger between American Airlines and US Airways, we have been informed by both lounge partners that they’ve unfortunately chosen to no longer participate in the Priority Pass lounge access program effective March 22, 2014.
Print Wikipost

AA/US lounge access going away March 22, 2014

Search this Thread

Old Oct 7, 2013, 5:39 pm
Suspended

Programs: AA, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by nall
Losing both AA and US lounges would be a gigantic blow to the card.
Agreed, but that was not my point. My point was that the other poster's comment made no sense, as it seemed he was trying to say there will be no AC after the merger.
Old Oct 7, 2013, 5:50 pm

Programs: AS MVPG, Hyatt Plat, SPG Gold
AskAmex still says there is lounge access. I do wonder if its going away soon. I hope one of the Amex reps on this forum can clarify?
Old Oct 7, 2013, 9:36 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

FWIW, it worked fine for me on 10/4 at the AA clubs in both SFO and DFW.

CO dropping the Amex Plat lounge benefit was an important factor in me leaving CO/UA. Would be very disappointing if AA were to drop it too.
Old Oct 8, 2013, 1:09 am

Programs: Jose Cuervo Gold, Bud Light Platinum, Schwab 401K, VW Bug 2MM
amex plat losing united was bad, but losing AA would be the nail in the coffin for me re: keeping the card
Old Oct 8, 2013, 7:32 am
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Originally Posted by asdf1223
I hope one of the Amex reps on this forum can clarify?
There is no American Express representative who participates in this forum on a regular basis.
Old Oct 8, 2013, 10:40 am

Programs: AS MVPG, Hyatt Plat, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by mia
There is no American Express representative who participates in this forum on a regular basis.
I guess Amex Customer care doesn't post here anymore. http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/membe...omer-care.html
Old Oct 8, 2013, 11:02 am
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Originally Posted by asdf1223
... Amex Customer Care doesn't post here anymore.
Correct.

Last Activity: Nov 20, 12 1:55 pm
Old Oct 9, 2013, 4:40 pm

Programs: UA, AA EXP
NO AA access in this website: :/

https://www295.americanexpress.com/c..._c&benefitId=1

ill try this saturday
Old Oct 10, 2013, 4:16 am

Programs: AA EXP, UA 1k, SPG Plat, Hilton Gold, CC Gold
Ask Amex ‏@AskAmex 8h
@alpen_geoff Hi There! American Airlines lounge access is currently complimentary for Centurion/Business Centurion / Platinum/Business

Ask Amex ‏@AskAmex 8h
@alpen_geoff Platinum Card Members. Thank you for tweeting! Have a good night! ^Andrae
Per Ask Amex on Twitter access is still available, though they do mention "currently"...hope that's not an indication that there are planned changes
Old Oct 10, 2013, 5:05 am
Original Member

Programs: AA 2MM, Bonvoy LTT, Hilton Diamond
AA lounge/admirals club access potentially going away?

I'm surprise this thread is still going on based on one comment from a CSR. AA lounge still comes with the Plat card. Just go to exploreplatinum.americanexpress.com

Enjoy complimentary access to participating airline lounges of American Airlines Admirals Club® lounges, US Airways® Club, and Delta Sky Club® for you and your immediate family, or up to two traveling companions.
Old Oct 10, 2013, 5:06 am
Original Member

Programs: AA 2MM, Bonvoy LTT, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by combiblock
NO AA access in this website: :/

https://www295.americanexpress.com/c..._c&benefitId=1

ill try this saturday
Going to that page reveals:

To gain admission, simply present your Platinum Card, a government issued ID, and a ticket valid for same-day travel to the club agent in:
American Airlines Admirals Clubs®
Delta Sky Clubs®
US Airways Clubs®(Note: ticket not required for US Airways Clubs)
Airspace Lounges3
Your Spouse and children under age 21, or up to two traveling companions, may join you
Ticket must be on the club's corresponding airline.
Old Oct 10, 2013, 6:01 am

Originally Posted by seawolf
Going to that page reveals:
Interesting.

It had been removed from that page, and now it's back.

There are other pages where it's still missing.
Old Oct 10, 2013, 7:43 am

The OP posited that a three year AC contract with Amex was due to expire in Oct, 2011 unless renewed. Clearly, if true, it was renewed. But now, Oct, 2014 would mark another three years, and given the AA bankruptcy, potential merger, etc. Amex may not be in a position to guarantee AC access for a full membership year starting in October. ...just a theory.
Old Oct 10, 2013, 12:26 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL Scattered Smothered Covered Medallion, Some hotel & car stuff, Kroger Plus Card
They could have also just been updating the website and somebody fat fingered a block of text that gets called up on various different pages.

That extra comma has been bugging the heck out of me, but something like that would be marginally more acceptable than the website editors not understanding how to properly use punctuation.
Old Oct 12, 2013, 3:19 pm

Programs: Delta Plat, former AA EXP, AS Gold, SPG Gold, IHG Plat.
No Admiral Club Access for AMEX

Mrs. pfbloom just received a targeted Platinum card offer in the mail from AMEX offering 100K miles for sign up.

However, in reading through the benefits book I noted that airline club access is promoted as USAir and Delta only. There is no mention of AA Admirals Club access anywhere in the promotion.

Priority Club individual is still included.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.