Wiki Posts
Search

AMEX application status: "in progress"

Search this Thread

Old Apr 27, 2011, 7:53 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL Gold, SPG Gold; PR Platinum; MR Gold; Inner Circle; Hyatt Diamond
AMEX application status: "in progress"

Applied for Gold Premier Card. No instant approval. Got the dreaded 7-10 day msg and now "in progress". Is this pretty much a denial? I know with Chase, it usu goes either way. Its been awhile since I've put in a AMEX application. I have other AMEX cards though.
Old Apr 27, 2011, 9:18 pm

Originally Posted by newbie protege
Applied for Gold Premier Card. No instant approval. Got the dreaded 7-10 day msg and now "in progress". Is this pretty much a denial? I know with Chase, it usu goes either way. Its been awhile since I've put in a AMEX application. I have other AMEX cards though.
I got that message and was eventually approved twice so I think there is still hope
Old Apr 27, 2011, 9:57 pm

I wouldn't worry about that. Amex is not as finicky about approvals and don't deny arbitrarily like chase and citi do. I've gotten that before and gotten an approval email in 2-3 days.
Old Apr 28, 2011, 9:55 am

Programs: CO Platinum
I received this before approval. AMEX needed address information. After they called and verified my address the card was instantly approved.
Old Apr 28, 2011, 2:02 pm

Programs: AA, BA, WN CP, CO, AK, LH, DL, UA, VS, SPG, IHG, Hyatt, Hilton, Carlson, Fairmont Lifetime Plat
Applied for the Platinum at 10PM, got the 7-10 day message. Approved at 7AM the next morning.
Old Apr 29, 2011, 9:40 pm

Like others said, just wait. You won't know until they make a final decision. I got that a few times and thought the same. However, I just call in to CS and they just said I need confirm address, identity, etc. Normally a call in will get you approved or they might just say it's been approved already.
Old May 24, 2011, 1:31 pm

Programs: A few
Mine has been "in progress" for over 10 days now, and I have tried calling several different numbers and just keep getting the same moronic types (regardless of whether they are in utah or india, though i get more of the latter) who simply say need to wait.

How Amex sucks. I can't find any way to get through to an empowered or intelligent human being
Old May 24, 2011, 2:20 pm
Original Member

Programs: AAdvantage EXP/1mm/Admirals,United Silver+Club (life),Marriott Titanium,Hilton & Accor Gold
I just had this happen to me-- I applied yesterday evening. I used the link provided to check the status of my app this morning and it said to call in. I called the number provided and the lady just verified my address then called me back to verify phone number. After that was completed, my application was approved.
Old May 25, 2011, 8:38 am

Programs: avis president , national executive, hertz presidents, delta platinum, spg platinum
best thing to do is call the 1800 number on that page
Old May 29, 2011, 4:50 pm

Originally Posted by traveldealer
best thing to do is call the 1800 number on that page
This is true. If there is any minor issue that can be resolved, calling the app dept/credit eval dept sometimes can result in an expedited approval by working through the issue.
Old May 29, 2011, 5:50 pm

I called maybe 7-8 times and was not able to get any sensible human response

however I am glad to say that the appeal did finally work. applied 3/25 approved 5/27.
Old May 31, 2011, 7:40 am

Programs: Persona Non-Status, DYKWIA Club President, Formerly of Pa Kettle Fame
I had applied with Amex canada and gotten a "we'll contact you in 10 days message". I called amex and they said that i'd receive snail mail confirmation. I called again a week later and they told me that i was approved and a card was in the mail. I was never contacted.
Old May 31, 2011, 8:13 am

Programs: Amex Centurion; Visa Infinite; Hertz Gold; Hilton Diamond; SPG Gold; Kempinski Private Concierge;
Originally Posted by CRAZYBUBBA
I had applied with Amex canada and gotten a "we'll contact you in 10 days message". I called amex and they said that i'd receive snail mail confirmation. I called again a week later and they told me that i was approved and a card was in the mail. I was never contacted.
Amex canada, is a true pain! I've applied on the 24 of april and my application has not been approved yet!
Old May 31, 2011, 9:17 am

I got approved in the end. From initial application through reconisderation to final approval took two months two days.
Old Dec 17, 2014, 9:05 am

Programs: ASMVPG75K, UAP, DLP
Applied for Platinum yesterday, got approved this morning after calling in. Asked the guy what's taking so long he said because you also applied for the Delta Reserve we have to wait 5 days. Checked e-mail and boom rush approved.

I have the following AMEX
Delta Reserve 15K
Delta Gold 12K
Platinum NPSL
Fidelity (not real AMEX) 12.5K

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.