Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > American Express | Membership Rewards
Reload this Page >

USA Centurion & Platinum Benefit: Global Entry/TSA fee refund [USA]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jun 23, 2013, 5:41 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: gooselee
USA-issued American Express Platinum and Centurion cards accounts are eligible to have the $100 application fee for the Global Entry program reimbursed. Each eligible card can receive one $100 credit every five years. Additional cards are eligible for the credit if the additional user's application fee is charged to the additional card. Read more about the benefit here:

http://exploreplatinum.americanexpre...enefits/Travel (scroll down)

Please use this thread only to discuss the American Express reimbursement benefit. Primary Flyertalk discussion forum is Travel Safety & Security

Here is a link to an active thread:

Is Global Entry worthwhile?
Print Wikipost

USA Centurion & Platinum Benefit: Global Entry/TSA fee refund [USA]

Search this Thread

Old Apr 13, 2012, 9:38 pm
Original Member

Programs: AA 2MM, Bonvoy LTT, Hilton Diamond
GE lasts 5 years.

http://globalentry.gov/applicationfees.html

Anybody tried applying GE for that spouse in subsequent card memebership years with the Plat card? Does AMEX reimburse the $100?
Old Apr 16, 2012, 10:47 am
Suspended

Programs: Delta PLAT, Marriot Plat, IHG Plat, SPG Gold, A couple of other airlines - pee on
AMEX PLAT= Free Nexus?

Hi I am not sure if this is the right forum, but it does have to do with American Express. I have a Platinum card and one of the benefits is global entry fee credit of $100. However, being a Canadian living in the US, I have to get the Nexus card. Did anyone apply for Nexus card and get the statement credit. I believe Nexus card is only $50.
Old Apr 16, 2012, 10:51 am
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Moderator action

Moved kaaria's question into the established thread. Previous posts explain how this benefit can cover the Nexus card.
Old Apr 16, 2012, 10:56 am

Programs: AA Exp, but not sure for how long. Enterprise Platinum woo-hoo!
When I got my Nexus card last summer, I was reimbursed not $50 but $100. I actually made a $50 profit on the card.

Annoyingly though I got it at a location that could not do the eye scan, and I haven't even traveled to Canada since, so when I finally do go, I have to hope I arrive or depart at a time when the NEXUS office is open so I can get that done.
Old Apr 18, 2012, 10:57 am

I've scoured the thread, but couldn't find anything current on this question...
How is the charge coded by Amex? My charge just posted through as "Trusted Traveler", rather than Global Entry. Just making sure I'm gonna get reimbursed - but I did just put through the application a couple days ago.
Old Apr 19, 2012, 12:35 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL Scattered Smothered Covered Medallion, Some hotel & car stuff, Kroger Plus Card
Originally Posted by Ritz
I've scoured the thread, but couldn't find anything current on this question...
How is the charge coded by Amex? My charge just posted through as "Trusted Traveler", rather than Global Entry. Just making sure I'm gonna get reimbursed - but I did just put through the application a couple days ago.
Just got my GE last month. Mine posted as:
USCUSTOMS TRUSTEDTRA3176144887
1234567 12345
FEES
Doing Business As: USCUSTOMS TRUSTEDTRAVELER
Merchant Address: SUITE 100
6650 TELECOM DR
INDIANAPOLIS
IN
UNITED STATES
And three days later the credit appeared:
T568:0001 $100 Statement Credit
for Global Entry Application
6650 TELECOM DR
INDIANAPOLIS
IN
UNITED STATES
It's a pretty straightforward benefit so you should be okay. If it doesn't credit after a week or two I'd just give Amex a call and they should be able to work it out. If it comes down to it, you'll have GOES screenshots and (if approved) your GE card as evidence.
Old Apr 19, 2012, 1:28 pm

Originally Posted by gooselee
Just got my GE last month. Mine posted as:

And three days later the credit appeared:

It's a pretty straightforward benefit so you should be okay. If it doesn't credit after a week or two I'd just give Amex a call and they should be able to work it out. If it comes down to it, you'll have GOES screenshots and (if approved) your GE card as evidence.
Thank you for this info. Mine posted the same way as a charge on 4/16:

USCUSTOMS TRUSTEDTRA3176144887
0 Other Other -
Government Services **** RITZ** 100.00
9999999210838070895 46278
380***95 4***8
FEES
6650 TELECOM DR
INDIANAPOLIS
IN
UNITED STATES
Reference Number: 3201***80490***851
Dispute/Inquire about this charge

Category: Other - Government Services

Still no credit though...
Old Apr 24, 2012, 9:31 am

Programs: AA PLT
I got conditionally approved a week or two ago, and go for my in-person interview on Monday.

The pending charge hung around for a while, but once it was actually posted as an actual charge (4/2), the credit appeared 3 days later (4/5).

Good Luck.
Old Apr 24, 2012, 5:24 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Any idea if the charge is coded to the cardholder's name, like an airline ticket?

I'm wondering if a friend can use his card to pay my fee, and get reimbursed for it. Would Amex have any way to know whose GE charge came through?
Old Apr 24, 2012, 5:44 pm

Programs: AMEX Platinum, Global Entry, Priority Pass, SPG Gold, HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by josephstern
I'm wondering if a friend can use his card to pay my fee, and get reimbursed for it. Would Amex have any way to know whose GE charge came through?
That will work. AMEX will simply reimburse any GOES charge on an account, up to $100, regardless of the recipient of the membership.
Old Apr 24, 2012, 6:10 pm

Originally Posted by josephstern
Any idea if the charge is coded to the cardholder's name, like an airline ticket?

It will work. I've done it before.
Old Apr 24, 2012, 6:20 pm

Originally Posted by ConferenceMgr
I got conditionally approved a week or two ago, and go for my in-person interview on Monday.

The pending charge hung around for a while, but once it was actually posted as an actual charge (4/2), the credit appeared 3 days later (4/5).

Good Luck.
Thx, it did post Monday morning. Looks like it is 3 days, but the weekend might have thrown off the crediting process. All is good. ^
Old May 18, 2012, 9:23 am

Programs: SPG GOLD / BA GOLD/Club Carlson Gold/AMEX Plat.
Global Entry for US Citizen living overseas

Please forgive me for reasking these questions. I have done a search with no luck. I'm a US citizen living in Sweden (dual) thinking about applying for the Global entry. I travel to the states perhaps 2 twice a year. The APP fee which Amex pays for is a great feature.
What is the process for this?.. I assume I must have a interview/picture/fingerprints done... I do have a US address . Will be flying in July this year. Should I apply now and hope to get a interview while I am there ?

Mods... Sorry if this doesn't belong in this forum.. Please redirect to correct one if needed,

Thanks everyone
Old May 18, 2012, 9:27 am
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Moderator action

I have merged Flyiboy's question into the established thread about this benefit. Be sure to read at least the first page of the thread because it contains links to the government website for this program, and also links to the primary discussion area in another Flyertalk forum.
Old May 18, 2012, 9:37 am

Programs: SPG GOLD / BA GOLD/Club Carlson Gold/AMEX Plat.
Thanks MIA... That's why I Love FT

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.