Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > American Express | Membership Rewards
Reload this Page >

50000 Membership Reward Points for business gold card

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

50000 Membership Reward Points for business gold card

Search this Thread

Old Jun 12, 2010, 8:06 am

Programs: AA Gold
halfway there

I'm almost halfway to the 10K spend on the first day of using this card. A large business bill for $4700 was due that I usually pay by MC as the vendor had told me in the past that they don't take AX. I asked about AX and they said they would accept it. Only $5300 to go. I'll get on it. I've got a cruise booked for Feb. 2011 and I may just expedite the final payment that isn't due until Nov.

As to paying taxes with AX, if I use it for business taxes, I can deduct the service charge as a credit card expense like all the other CC charges. it helps to lessen the blow of the 2.35%.

In charging something to myself, this AX card has a different business name and address on it than my merchant account. It bills to my home address. Would that be a violation?
Old Jun 12, 2010, 8:40 am
Used to be Colonelwes

other activation option for this AMX card, is to use the online AMX activate link (on the sticker when u get most Amx cards) simply put in your CC # and four digit ID# and within seconds (no ? asked) your card is activate.d

amx online activation link here:

https://online.americanexpress.com/m...ion&Face=en_US
Old Jun 13, 2010, 9:58 am

Any more information on this promo?

Originally Posted by lichenlt
I've heard quite a few targeted offers that give you 50k bonus points if you spend $500 within three months of card opening.
Old Jun 13, 2010, 11:21 am
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Originally Posted by best
Any more information...
I imagine the reference is to this thread:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/miles...50k-offer.html
Old Jun 13, 2010, 2:32 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Life, Love and Laughter
Originally Posted by mia
I imagine the reference is to this thread:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/miles...50k-offer.html
That's a different promo than this one. This one is not targeted, so anyone can apply.
Old Jun 13, 2010, 5:50 pm

Originally Posted by onthego15
That's a different promo than this one. This one is not targeted, so anyone can apply.
someone even got 75k bonus points for $500 spending in 3 months, and definitely it is a targeted offer.
Old Jun 13, 2010, 8:09 pm
mia

Originally Posted by onthego15
That's a different promo
Correct, and it is for a different card. This thread is about a published offer for the Business Gold card which requires spending $10,000 to receive a 50,000 point bonus.

However, in post 36 lichenlt mentioned that there is also a targeted offer (for the personal Premier Rewards Gold card) which requires spending only $500. best asked for more information about the 50,000/$500 offer.
Old Jun 14, 2010, 5:08 am

Location: EWR Ionosphere Club, LAX Clipper Club, Still Traveling Global, yearly BIS miles
Programs: EAL Silver Wings, I-Club, Flying Colonels DL, WorldPass PLat from the olde Meatball and PE SMARTbank
how long do u have to wait between AMEX applications? Got a personel cc recently, looking into another biz...
Old Jun 14, 2010, 9:29 am

Programs: UA Silver
first time business cards only?...

I applied, got the card thru the 50k link. When I activated I asked if they could confirm the bonus as I understood it since none of the paperwork mentioned 50k after 10k$ spend, just 25k after 50k spend each year.

The CSR said this is for FIRST TIME Biz card. I told them the language say 'one bonus per card account'. I told them I could email the link. They wanted it faxed. I am in the process of doing that now.

Has anyone gotten the offer confirmed at any time other than the original link when you apply?

EDITED--After 1.5 hours on the phone and reviewing the fax I sent of the terms of the offer, CSR states as long as I 'register' online thru the link for the bonus it will be ok. I said, I applied online thru the link...what do I need to register for? CSR said 'for the bonus'. I think this info is bad and need to call back and get clarification. I see no links on the application page nor does it state anywhere you need to register for the bonus.

Last edited by detony; Jun 14, 2010 at 12:49 pm Reason: Additional info from CSR
Old Jun 14, 2010, 1:02 pm

Programs: AA Gold
Originally Posted by detony
I applied, got the card thru the 50k link. When I activated I asked if they could confirm the bonus as I understood it since none of the paperwork mentioned 50k after 10k$ spend, just 25k after 50k spend each year.

The CSR said this is for FIRST TIME Biz card. I told them the language say 'one bonus per card account'. I told them I could email the link. They wanted it faxed. I am in the process of doing that now.

Has anyone gotten the offer confirmed at any time other than the original link when you apply?
When I called to activate I asked and had AX confirm that i got the card under the 10K spend/50K bonus MR offer. I noted the name of the CSR and time of my call. I also printed a screen shot of what was on the app web site when I put in my online app.
Old Jun 15, 2010, 8:48 am

Programs: DL DM, Marriott TE, and Reformed AMEX Cent
Originally Posted by detony
Be careful, there are at least two cards Gold card offers out there right now that are offered to the general public. One offers that after spending $10K you get one time $50K bonus - the other offers a 25K bonus every year you spend $50K.

First offer: https://www201.americanexpress.com/s...=272&eep=30435

Second offer: https://www201.americanexpress.com/s...os=b&eep=24264

EDIT - per Mia's post #42 - she's right - I signed up for the $10K spend and 50K point bonus - in the literature it's clear that I also get a 25K point bonus each year I spend $50K - awesome news!!

Last edited by Harlem; Jun 16, 2010 at 8:54 am
Old Jun 15, 2010, 9:03 am
mia

Originally Posted by Harlem
...25K bonus every year you spend $50K.
I believe this is a standard feature of the Business Gold charge card. This means it would apply in addition to any new account bonus.
Old Jun 17, 2010, 9:20 am

Chicken or egg?

I apologize if this is a really dumb question - but I want to apply for the Business Open Gold Card (the one with the 50K bonus point offer). Never had a Membership Rewards card of any kind before. Tried to enroll in Membership Rewards but it won't let me without having the card first. T&C's say you must be enrolled in the program at the time of SPEND.

I think I'm reading that when you hold certain Amex cards (Starwood not being one of them), you are automatically enrolled in MR.

Do I have it right that if I apply for this card & am approved I'm automatically enrolled in MR so I can go right to SPEND??

While I'm at it, I might as well ask this too - it's not having an Amex business card per se before that might disqualify you for bonus points, it's having an Amex business card of that particular FLAVOR before that is the issue, correct? So having had a business Starwood Amex before (closed about a year ago) would not preclude me from bonus points on a business MR Amex?

Thanks very much!
Old Jun 17, 2010, 9:28 am
mia

Originally Posted by Bergy Bits
...if I apply for this card & am approved I'm automatically enrolled in MR so I can go right to SPEND?...having had a business Starwood Amex ... would not preclude me from bonus points on a business MR Amex?
Correct on both counts.
Old Jun 17, 2010, 10:04 am

Good news! Thanks very much for that amazingly quick reply! ^

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.