Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Latin America IDC

Search this Thread

Old Mar 2, 2010, 4:50 pm
Original Poster

Latin America IDC

I'm in the process of moving to Argentina and have decided to forego my current Canadian Business Plat for both a local currency Amex and the Latin America IDC. Problem is that the Latin America IDC webpage doesn't seem to allow for new card applicants anymore.

Is Amex getting rid of the Latin America IDC cards like they did the Asia-Pacific ones?
Old Apr 8, 2010, 3:48 pm
Original Poster

I'm bumping my thread because I'm still looking for a response after trying to apply for this damn card.

Talked to Amex in various jurisdictions and the best I can figure is that this card is no longer available, but no one explicitly came out and told me so. I kept getting shoved in the direction of Global Transfer, which upon talking to them ultimately resulted only in an offer for the local currency Plat card. That's great, but I'm after an IDC.

I note that on the same IDC website the Puerto Rico/USVI cards explicitly state that they are no longer accepting applications, but no such comment is made on the Latin America/Caribbean cards.

I know there are Amex people who visit this forum. Does the IDC for Latin America still exist? If so, how do you apply for it, since I can't do so online and over the phone simply resulted in getting offered only local currency cards via Global Transfer?

If it has been discontinued, is the IDC based out of the UK available to applicants from Latin America now?
Old Apr 8, 2010, 4:32 pm

As far as I know, American Express Services Europe Ltd now accepts all international customers (i.e. also from South America).

You should call +44 (0) 1273 576883 to get more information about the IDC.
Old Apr 8, 2010, 8:18 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by ahrz
As far as I know, American Express Services Europe Ltd now accepts all international customers (i.e. also from South America).

You should call +44 (0) 1273 576883 to get more information about the IDC.
Thank you. I'll give them a call in the morning!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.