Community
Wiki Posts
Search

25% Delta-> Amex Transfer Bonus- October

Search this Thread

Old Oct 27, 2009, 12:17 pm
BLV

Originally Posted by mia
The terms say: Bonus miles will be posted 4 to 6 weeks following the end of the promotion

Do you mean Delta typically posts bonuses sooner than promised, or that this the first time they have designed the promotion to segregate the transfer from the bonus? I gather DL has made some IT changes as part of the NW integration, perhaps a single bonus run in December is easier.
To be honest with you, I'm only going by what I've experienced in the past (I try to sign up for their bonus offers all of the time as I transfer/use Delta often) and it has never been more than a few days of waiting. Usually same day. So, if it says 4-6 weeks, then all's good, although even as recently as September (20% promo) bonus points posted in a few minutes.
Old Oct 29, 2009, 1:25 am

Programs: Amex Platinum, Delta Platinum, US Platimum, SPG Gold, Hilton Gold
Thanks.
How advance do you book the award trips?
Are there any tips or knowhow by experiences?

Originally Posted by sbm12
The best advice is to not wait so long.

Seriously, getting 5 reward seats on the same flight - much less at 21 days advance - is going to be rather difficult.
Old Oct 29, 2009, 2:51 am

CAUTION!

Originally Posted by mia
The terms say: Bonus miles will be posted 4 to 6 weeks following the end of the promotion

Do you mean Delta typically posts bonuses sooner than promised, or that this the first time they have designed the promotion to segregate the transfer from the bonus? I gather DL has made some IT changes as part of the NW integration, perhaps a single bonus run in December is easier.
Mia,

The last 30% bonus offer (Which ended July 31, 09) did not have the 4 to 6 week fine print of the current bonus offer and it stated bonus miles would post much sooner. If the fine print says 4 to 6 weeks expect it! I could not find the fine print for thirty percent bonus but below is old fine print from a twenty percent offer earlier this year>>>>>>

<<Bonus Award Information: Members will receive a 20% mileage bonus on all miles transferred from the date you register through September 30, 2009. Bonus miles will be posted one (1) week from the transfer receipt by Delta. May not be combined with any other Membership Rewards offers between August 1 and September 30, 2009. >>

Last edited by Centurion; Oct 29, 2009 at 4:07 am
Old Nov 3, 2009, 3:19 pm
fti
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lots of programs, dirt on all of them!
This bonus offer has been extended to Dec 31, 2009. Most previous offers have also had the "4-6 weeks" in fine print. Sometimes the bonus posts quickly, other times it has taken 4-6 weeks.

Unfortunately I really needed/wanted the bonus now. But since I didn't get it, I just transferred more points this time and will use the bonus points at a future date once they post.
Old Nov 3, 2009, 4:50 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AA Lifetime Platinum, DL Platinum, Honors Diamond, Bonvoy Titanium, Hertz Platinum
I always wondered why airlines can offer transfers and purchases that post immediately or in a very small number of days, but often have a "allow 4-6 weeks for bonus to post" clause.

There's some interesting wording in the current 33% bonus that AA is offering for miles purchased in November, but it takes "4-6 weeks after the end of the promotion" to get the bonus, even though the purchased miles post in 72 hours.

Here's the wording:

between now and November 30, 2009, when you buy the miles you need to book your travel today, you'll earn a special bonus for later - for every 6,000 miles you purchase, you'll earn 2,000 bonus miles, up to 20,000 bonus miles!
Now it makes sense. Rather than just subtracting the amount of the bonus from the amount that you need to purchase or transfer, they want you to transfer the same amount as you would need before, with the bonus as a kicker to get you to do it, not to reduce the amount you do it. This makes total sense, as the purpose of these promos is to incent you to make transfers so that they can gain extra revenue.
Old Nov 5, 2009, 9:50 am

Offer extended or new new offer until dec 31st 09

We know you are busy and we want you to get the most out of your rewards. That's why we're extending the additional 25% mileage bonus when you transfer Membership RewardsŪ points from American Express through December 31, 2009. Don't miss this chance to transfer points!

Bonus Award Information: Members will receive a 25% mileage bonus on all miles transferred from the date you register through December 31, 2009. Bonus miles will be posted 4 to 6 weeks following the end of the promotion.May not be combined with any other Membership Rewards offers between October 5 and December 31, 2009.

READ THE FINE PRINT AND IGNORE ANYONE WHO SAYS ANYTHING ELSE!

Last edited by Centurion; Nov 5, 2009 at 11:31 am
Old Nov 6, 2009, 4:25 pm
fti
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lots of programs, dirt on all of them!
Originally Posted by Centurion
We know you are busy and we want you to get the most out of your rewards. That's why we're extending the additional 25% mileage bonus when you transfer Membership RewardsŪ points from American Express through December 31, 2009. Don't miss this chance to transfer points!

Bonus Award Information: Members will receive a 25% mileage bonus on all miles transferred from the date you register through December 31, 2009. Bonus miles will be posted 4 to 6 weeks following the end of the promotion.May not be combined with any other Membership Rewards offers between October 5 and December 31, 2009.

READ THE FINE PRINT AND IGNORE ANYONE WHO SAYS ANYTHING ELSE!

See post #19 - already been said
Old Nov 10, 2009, 10:55 am
BLV

Bonus points posted yesterday, so definitely NOT 4-6 weeks after the end of promotion, since before extension to 12/31 promo was through 10/31.
Old Nov 11, 2009, 8:07 am

Programs: Marriott Platinum, SPG Gold, DL Silver
Originally Posted by kcmj1234
1) 25% bonus is good? There was 30% bonus before.
Should I take 25% bonus or wait for 30%?
I tranferred 1 Million AMEX MR with 30% bonus last time.
It was sweet.

2) 300,000 miles for 4 first class? It is nice. How did you do that?
Usually, I pay 60,000 ~ 65,000 miles for coach ticket from LAX to OGG (Maui)
The 300,000 miles was for 4 first class BWI to HNL, one stop in ATL. It worked out really well for us - booked it about 330 days out, so we could get all 4 seats at 75,000 miles each (the lowest amount for first class to Hawaii). It was a good use for us for that trip, then later I got the 60,000 miles bonus. The seats on the long flight were upstairs in the 747 - honestly not as comfy as the year before when we flew AA from Chicago to HNL, where the seats made a bit more of a bed, but definitely better than coach!

I will look into other options for transferring again - seems so confusing to use the other airlines like Canada or ALN. Will need Hawaii again in another year or so, and definitely first class.

It took several weeks to get the bonus for us, so I wouldn't count on the bonus miles right away. Better to be safe and have what you need than to lose the award seats.

In general, I think Delta or AA has the best first class for us, from the East Coast to Hawaii - no one else has lie flat seats - they aren't beds but close enough I guess. Wish you could transfer to AA!
Old Nov 11, 2009, 8:51 am
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Originally Posted by happymommy
Wish you could transfer to AA!
Today you can transfer to Iberia or Mexicana and redeem for travel on AA. Soon you will also be able to transfer to British Airways and redeem for travel on AA. However, award availability through AAdvantage does not guarantee availability through a OneWorld partner airline, you need to verify availability before making the transfer.
Old Dec 20, 2009, 2:55 pm

Programs: Silver Level: DL, Non-Elite: AS, UA, AA, WN
Transfered 40K, bonus did not post instantly like in the past.

Looks like 10K will have to wait for a while, I'll post back when they're in the aco.....
Old Dec 20, 2009, 4:09 pm
BLV

Past few transfers bonus points posted right away.
Old Dec 21, 2009, 8:19 am

I transferred in mid-November, haven't seen any bonus miles yet.

I wrote to Delta Customer service and will post here when I hear back.
Old Dec 21, 2009, 7:10 pm

Programs: Marriott Platinum, SPG Gold, DL Silver
Originally Posted by mia
Today you can transfer to Iberia or Mexicana and redeem for travel on AA. Soon you will also be able to transfer to British Airways and redeem for travel on AA. However, award availability through AAdvantage does not guarantee availability through a OneWorld partner airline, you need to verify availability before making the transfer.
Thanks - I'm waiting now.

Although, now with the new shopping option, I can use my 60,000 "bonus" miles from last year to book a hotel for spring break with my kids! Free! They have a few good options - better than Amex! That is cool.

I'm going to wait - the only award flights I use miles for is Hawaii. We don't go to Europe, and other flights from here (DC or BWI) are always pretty cheap. Hawaii first class is a lot.
Old Feb 16, 2010, 2:08 pm

Programs: AA, SPG, UA
I transferred MR points on Dec 9, but have not seen my bonus points posted yet.
How long will it take the bonus points to post ? I need them to book a flight to Asia.
Anybody had better experience ? thanks.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.