Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

DFW / Dallas Fort Worth BA "Executive Club" Contract Lounge (consolidated)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

DFW / Dallas Fort Worth BA "Executive Club" Contract Lounge (consolidated)

Search this Thread

Old Mar 29, 2008, 11:01 am
Moderator: Coupon Connection & S.P.A.M

Programs: Destination Unknown, TSA Disparager Diamond (LTDD)
Originally Posted by MIKESILV
And both ACs in MIA ( even the old resurrected E club ) are better than the dingy dump BA uses as club currently in MIA.

mike
Wow, that dingy dump is now over in the other part of MIA (not AA's A-E), so one has to go through "security" 2x if one is not flying BA to enjoy the Terraces.
Old Mar 30, 2008, 12:57 am

Programs: UA life 1K, 2MM; AA Life Pt 3mm; DL nada now!; AS nada now; BA, FD, CX, LH, DD, Amex Pt, Diners
Why on earth would one want to go into a stuffy..

...BA lounge anyway? BA always treats people badly unless they are in F whether at check in, in the lounges or on the planes - it's a European airline disease. The airlines in Europe are made for the employees and not the customers. That's my 10 cents from too much experience. One gets free drinks in the AC when traveling internationally anyway.

Last edited by UAAAPeter; Mar 30, 2008 at 12:57 am Reason: typo
Old Jun 4, 2011, 1:30 pm

Programs: SPG Platinum, CX Marco Polo Gold, AA Platinum
Switched over from the Terminal D Admirals Club to the BA lounge near Gate D23. It's much smaller than the AC, but much quieter as there's only 1 other person in the lounge with me. The F section is not guarded and anyone can get in, but there's no difference in beverages/snacks.

There's self serve wine, a good selection of import and domestic beer, soft drinks, juices, an espresso machine. Self serve snacks: finger sandwiches, chips, fruits, cheeses.

As stated before, you have to as the attendant for hard liquor. There's a decent selection: Glenlivet 12 yr, Johnnie Walker Black, Chivas, etc.

Same view of the tarmac as the AC, but less windows since the lounge is smaller.

Sitting Area (F lounge through the doors)

Self serve Table

Last edited by MeepuBazooka; Jun 4, 2011 at 8:28 pm Reason: img temporarly "un-embedded" due to extremely large size
Old Jun 4, 2011, 1:37 pm

Programs: AA EXP, SPG PLAT
Is the BA lounge is that bad in DFW ? I have been to the Lounge in LHR . The lounge is great. You don't need any one to help you pour the drinks.. It is right there in front of you.
I liked that better than AC. How ever when i travel Domestic i like the ACs better.
Old Jun 4, 2011, 2:38 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP 3MM, Lifetime Platinum, Marriott Titanium, HH Gold
I thought the BA lounge no longer allows access for PLTs/EXPs unless flying BA? I would love to be told otherwise. The AC in D is just not all that great in terms of food/drink offerings.
Old Jun 4, 2011, 3:39 pm
Moderator: Alaska Mileage Plan

The DFW BA lounge is nothing to write home about, as indicated in the picture above.
Old Jun 4, 2011, 4:50 pm

Programs: SPG Platinum, CX Marco Polo Gold, AA Platinum
They don't let in PLTs/EXPs unless on international travel, I got in using CX status.

The AC is much better, however the free food/drink offerings at the BA lounge are better than what the AC has, so it might be worth it to lounge hop for free drinks.
Old Jun 4, 2011, 10:18 pm

Programs: AA EXP, UA GLD, Bonvoy Titan, HH Dia, WoH Exp
I don't know if it is an exclusive BA lounge. I believe several airlines share this "Other Lounge" in Terminal D. I stopped by to get a boarding pass for a BA segment after my AA TATL flight, but did not look at the lounge. Priority Pass card also gives you access to this lounge.
Old Jun 5, 2011, 7:32 am

Originally Posted by MeepuBazooka
They don't let in PLTs/EXPs unless on international travel, I got in using CX status.

The AC is much better, however the free food/drink offerings at the BA lounge are better than what the AC has, so it might be worth it to lounge hop for free drinks.
The last time I tried to get in on QF status, they told me to take a hike. Thanks for this data point; I'll try again soon.

Originally Posted by Time traveller
I don't know if it is an exclusive BA lounge. I believe several airlines share this "Other Lounge" in Terminal D. I stopped by to get a boarding pass for a BA segment after my AA TATL flight, but did not look at the lounge. Priority Pass card also gives you access to this lounge.
There are several different lounges in this lounge complex. "Lounge 2" becomes the BA lounge from sometime early in the afternoon until the BA departure to LHR. "Lounge 3" and "Lounge 4" (or is it "Lounge 4" and "Lounge 5"?) serve SkyTeam and Oneworld Star Alliance international flights. I think PP gets you into one of those two, but I imagine they're all pretty similar other than the reading material (No Daily Mail in "Lounge 4", eg).

Last edited by Spiff; Jun 5, 2011 at 10:29 am
Old Jun 5, 2011, 9:31 am
Moderator: American AAdvantage, Signatures

Programs: UA 1K, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond Ambassador, National Exec, AA EXP Emeritus
Originally Posted by Spiff
"Lounge 3" and "Lounge 4" (or is it "Lounge 4" and "Lounge 5"?) serve SkyTeam and Oneworld international flights.
oneworld international flights are served by the BA and AA lounges--I don't believe there are any other oneworld lounges at DFW. Perhaps you meant Star Alliance? I believe LH operate a lounge there, as do KE on the SkyTeam front, although the Priority Pass lounge is separate from all of them. and just called The Club at DFW.
Old Jun 5, 2011, 10:29 am

Originally Posted by Microwave
oneworld international flights are served by the BA and AA lounges--I don't believe there are any other oneworld lounges at DFW. Perhaps you meant Star Alliance? I believe LH operate a lounge there, as do KE on the SkyTeam front, although the Priority Pass lounge is separate from all of them. and just called The Club at DFW.
Yes, you're right - *A. Sorry.
Old Jun 5, 2011, 2:16 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
You are entirely correct - the BA "Executive Club" Lounge at DFW is NOT BA-operated / a oneworld lounge, so it does not have to conform to oneworld lounge access rules; the lounge is listed as a third party lounge on the BA website. link

Other BA "Executive Lounges" exist at Abuja, Bermuda, Dallas/Fort Worth, Dhaka, Houston-Intercontinental, Kingston, Lagos, Lusaka, Nairobi, Phoenix, Rome-Fiumicino, São Paulo-Guarulhos, Stuttgart, Vienna, Warsaw according to a Wikipedia listing; Baltimore has a BA Chesapeake Club Lounge. Note SFO, LAX, MIA, JFK and all have Terraces Lounges.

The thread title has been changed to reflect that fact and remind members non-BA flyers, unless by contractual arrangements, such as Priority Pass, are not guaranteed access.

Originally Posted by Time traveller

Last edited by JDiver; Jun 5, 2011 at 3:26 pm Reason: add actual lounge name / add to thread title as well (thanks to Prospero)
Old Jun 5, 2011, 2:20 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP 3MM, Lifetime Platinum, Marriott Titanium, HH Gold
Originally Posted by JDiver
You are entirely correct - the BA Lounge at DFW is NOT BA-operated / a oneworld lounge, so it does not have to conform to oneworld lounge access rules; the lounge is listed as a third party lounge.

Thank you. I presume this lounge is operated by the DFW airport authority on behalf of BA.

But the question still remains: do EXPs/PLTs get access to this particular lounge when traveling solely on AA to/from/through Europe, Asia, Central/South America, and/or MEX on the same day?

(I tried once, years ago, and was granted access, but recently I had heard that the front desk contractor agents were directing AA elites traveling on AA to the AC. This latest round of messages seems to go against the pattern, so I was hoping for some clarification on the official access policy for this contract lounge.)
Old Jun 5, 2011, 2:37 pm

Originally Posted by ESpen36

But the question still remains: do EXPs/PLTs get access to this particular lounge when traveling solely on AA to/from/through Europe, Asia, Central/South America, and/or MEX on the same day?
Since it's a third-party lounge, no.

In the past, BA didn't seem to mind non-AA OW Sapphire/Emerald visiting this lounge instead of the Admirals Club. They had the laminated cheat-card at reception with all the programs' cards that were eligible for access. My last attempt to enter failed and I was told that since the BA LHR flight was so full lately, only BA Gold/Sliver/CW/First were permitted in the lounge, all others needed to go to the AC. We've recently had a report that a CX elite was admitted; I'll try again the next time I have the opportunity at DFW.
Old Jun 5, 2011, 2:42 pm

Programs: aa EXP, dl GM, mar LTPLT, hh DIA, spg PLT, ich AMB, nat EE, hertz PC
Flying to LHR on AA at the end of June.. I think I will just stick with the AC..

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.