Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jul 15, 2014, 8:41 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: JDiver
Wikipost instructions: signed in members with 90 days / 90 posts can edit this Wikipost to update; wiki contents may be printed by using the (lower right wiki corner)

Madrid T4 Arrival Hall Premium Air Lounge

Hours: Open 24 hours / 365 days a year; open as of 04 March 2014. Link to Iberia page on this lounge.

"For more information please call +34 913 276 015." (15 Jul 2014)

SERVICES AVAILABLE
  • Food service of high quality
  • National and international newspapers and magazines
  • Space with computers, internet and Wi-Fi
  • TV
  • Sofa area
  • Reception and customer service
  • Luggage and cloakroom
  • Shower and shower towel pack, gel and slipper
  • Premium Air Rooms (day or night bed rooms for rent)
Eligible for use by:
  • Business passengers and Iberia Plus Gold and Platinum members arriving from long haul and medium haul (Moscow, Nouachkott, Tel Aviv, Dakar, Lagos, Accra, Malabo.
  • Others can pay EUR 25€ for admission
  • Arriving on AA (or other oneworld other than Iberia) airlines in Business does not confer eligibility
From JohnnyColombia below:
  1. This lounge's exterior seems to have no OneWorld logos like the others.
  2. Arrival lounges are expressly excluded from OneWorld benefits
  3. The IB press release only mentions access for IB J class, Iberia Plus Gold and Platinum, the articles about the lounge all repeat this.
  4. This is actually a contract lounge and not Iberia's after all
  5. If you really want to get in then you can book its use here for 25€ http://www.premium-traveller.com/es/.../sala-llegadas
The Goya, Velázquez and Dalí lounges are departure lounges, available to those departing on a oneworld flight and determined by one's destination (departure terminal, T4, T4-S Schengen or T4-S non-Schengen).

Updated 15 July 2014
Print Wikipost

MAD / Madrid arrival lounge

Search this Thread

Old Oct 27, 2003, 10:22 am
DKM
Original Poster

MAD / Madrid arrival lounge

Hello:

I've done a search and couldn't find anything, so forgive me if it's here somewhere.

I'm flying J to Madrid next month and will then be cabbing to Atocha and then taking the AVE to Cordoba. Before I undertake the train leg, I'd like to shower once I arrive in Madrid. I'm EXP if that makes any difference under these circumstances.

Does anyone know if I can shower at MAD when I arrive?

Many thanks.

DKM

[This message has been edited by DKM (edited 10-27-2003).]
Old Oct 27, 2003, 5:10 pm

Programs: AA PLT 2MM, UA Silver, HHonors Gold, Marriott Titanium, IHG Platinum
Hi DKM,

As far as I know, MAD doesn't have an arrivals lounge like CDG or LHR, or even FRA (their Admirals Club is outside security)... so unfortunately, you may be out of luck. I flew to Madrid in June this past year and was told by AA after I exited customs and security that the Iberia lounge (Velazquez) is a departure lounge only, so you can't use it unless you are flying on. It's also used by BA in addition to AA. You can try though, to get to the lounge without exiting customs/security and you may be able to ask if you can enter. I don't know if they would let you in (or if you can even access it without exiting security/customs first), then reenter, but you can always try. The First lounge is small, but has a PC, showers and some snacks. The Business side is much bigger, but definitely not as quiet as the First lounge.

I'm EXP and did not have success in getting into the lounge, but if you try to get to it first, without leaving security, you may have a chance, but again, it's a departure lounge, so depends on if it's accessible or not.

I hope this is helpful!
Old Mar 21, 2009, 10:09 pm

Programs: Emirates Gold, SQ Gold, Jet Airways Gold, BA Silver, Qatar Silver, Starwood Lifetime Gold
With AA starting DFW-MAD flights soon, any update on the (lack of) arrivals lounge in Madrid? Has one been built in these intervening years since the last post on this topic? Perhaps IB or oneworld built one?
Old Mar 22, 2009, 2:52 am

Programs: AAdvantage PLT, AA 2MM, Marriott Gold
searching for this and other recent MAD lounge info, as most of the threads that I've found so far date back to 2006

not doing so well with my searching, trying '"MAD"+lounge' did not yield desirable results. have posted a query to the FT support folks while doing more poking around for clues.

EDIT: finally copped a clue, need to quote terms and separate with keyword "and", such as '"MAD" and "lounge"'

still didn't find anything of interest but am not blaming that on search engine

Last edited by benzguy80; Mar 22, 2009 at 3:18 am
Old Mar 22, 2009, 7:36 am
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
Iberia has nice lounges at Madrid, but IMO they are not usable as arrivals lounges. One can try, of course, as you arrive at T-4S before processing immigration. From the relevant oneworld page:

"Location and opening hours

The DALI Lounge:

* Level 2 at the main building (T4), just past the security controls.
* For use by passengers on short and medium haul flights.
* Opening hours: 06:00-00:00.

The VELAZQUEZ Lounge:

* Central area on Level 1 at the satellite building (T4S), beyond the shops and restaurants.
* For use by passengers on long haul flights.
* Opening hours: 06:00-01:30.

The GOYA Lounge:

* Level 0 at the satellite building (T4S).
* For use by passengers on Spanish domestic flights.
* Opening hours: 06:00-00:00."

Of course, these are available to connecting eligible passengers, depending on where your next destination is.

Last edited by JDiver; Jul 15, 2014 at 8:29 am
Old Mar 22, 2009, 10:32 am

Programs: Emirates Gold, SQ Gold, Jet Airways Gold, BA Silver, Qatar Silver, Starwood Lifetime Gold
Originally Posted by JDiver
Iberia has nice lounges at Madrid, but IMO they are not usable as arrivals lounges. One can try, of course, as you arrive at T-4S before processing immigratiion

So still no arrivals lounge at MAD then.

I used the T4S IB lounge a couple of months ago... nice lounge, but surprised they did not have free wi-fi!
Old Mar 22, 2009, 10:36 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP 3MM, Lifetime Platinum, Marriott Titanium, HH Gold
Originally Posted by Sankaps
So still no arrivals lounge at MAD then.

I used the T4S IB lounge a couple of months ago... nice lounge, but surprised they did not have free wi-fi!

True! Be sure to bring an Ethernet cord with you (I always travel with one) so that you can plug in over at the workstations down at the end of the lounge (the opposite end from the special F dining area).
Old Jan 12, 2011, 4:12 pm

Any update on this -- or better, where I can take a shower as an EXP when I arrive?
Old Jan 12, 2011, 4:18 pm

Programs: AA Executive Platinum 5 million miles
I flew DFW to MAD in early December 2010 in business class on AA. We were not offered the use of an arrivals lounge at Madrid. We did have lounge access when we left MAD but were not allowed to use Iberia's priority security access.
Old Jul 15, 2014, 12:26 am
Ambassador: LATAM

Programs: BAEC Silver
Has one now

http://businesstraveldestinations.co...d-t4-terminal/

The lavishly equipped 665 m² facility will be available 24/7 to Iberia Business passengers and holders of Iberia Plus Gold cards arriving on transatlantic flights and others of at least four hours’ duration, such as those from Moscow, Tel Aviv, Dakar, Accra, Lagos, Malabo, and Nouakchott.
Old Jul 15, 2014, 12:39 am
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Alaska MVP Gold 75K, AA 3.8MM, UA 1.1MM, enjoying the retired life
But can those arriving on AA get in?
Old Jul 15, 2014, 12:50 am

Originally Posted by tom911
But can those arriving on AA get in?
Don't know sorry, I searched Google for an arrivals lounge and saw a FT thread and the article, just thought I'd update the thread with the article. Is there a reciprocal equivalent that sets a precedent?
Old Jul 15, 2014, 12:53 am
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Alaska MVP Gold 75K, AA 3.8MM, UA 1.1MM, enjoying the retired life
I know BA flyers can get in the AA Arrival's Lounge at T3 at LHR, so from that side there is. BA does not have their own arrival's lounge on that side, so wouldn't see the traffic you'd see over in T5 there where they do have an arrival's lounge of their own.
Old Jul 15, 2014, 1:01 am

Looks like no is the answer

1) This lounge's exterior seems to have no OneWorld logos like the others.
2) Arrival lounges are expressly excluded from OneWorld benefits
3) The IB press release only mentions access for IB J class, Iberia Plus Gold and Platinum, the articles about the lounge all repeat this.
4) This is actually a contract lounge and not Iberia's after all
5) If you really want to get in then you can book its use here for 25€ http://www.premium-traveller.com/es/.../sala-llegadas

Last edited by JohnnyColombia; Jul 15, 2014 at 1:20 am
Old Jul 15, 2014, 8:10 am
Moderator: Coupon Connection & S.P.A.M

Programs: Destination Unknown, TSA Disparager Diamond (LTDD)
It's a nice lounge with showers, wifi, and very light refreshment. Unless you desperately need one of those three, I'd not pay to get in.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.