Search

CALL FOR VOLUNTEERS: FlyerTalk Wiki AA

Search this Thread

Old Aug 22, 2017, 10:29 am
Moderator: New York City and FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: AA PLT, Natl EC
Arrow CALL FOR VOLUNTEERS: FlyerTalk Wiki AA

As some may know, FlyerTalk has been beta testing a dedicated wiki (separate from wikiposts at the tops of threads), in part to replace the now-closed FlyerGuide wiki. AA had an extensive wiki presence on FlyerGuide and we would like to rebuild this important resource here on FT. Randy Petersen, the owner of FlyerGuide, has generously agreed to allow all content previously residing on the FlyerGuide wiki to be copied to the new FT Wiki.

The AA Moderator Team would like to solicit volunteers who are interested in forming a team to:

1) Review archived material on the FlyerGuide Wiki (http://web.archive.org/web/201605010...rican_Airlines)

2) Establish a structure for the new FlyerTalk-AA wiki (a rough draft landing page has been generated, but all is open for discussion and redesign: http://www.flyertalk.com/wiki/index....can_AAdvantage)

3) Transfer information as appropriate

4) Generate new content as appropriate

5) Maintain the wiki

Learning the syntax of wiki coding is not hard (just a few extra symbols to indicate headers, spacing, and links), and most easily done by simply reviewing an existing page.

Please reply to this thread or PM dstan if you are interested in helping out. Thanks!
IBobi likes this.
Old Aug 22, 2017, 12:58 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
At last!

"Our" old FlyerGuide Wiki was owned by someone else (not Internet Brands), and following a substantial number of breaches including spam and disruption, most, if not all, the information was ultimately deleted.

Though it's not within the scope of moderation duties to maintain Wikiposts or Wikis, I'll try to add some of the Wikipost meterial and knowledge contributed by others here to the Wiki as time permits.

We've had some really knowledgeable members share important and very useful information here (e.g. 772 refurbishment schedules, which apparently was even used by a blogger to write a defining article on this issue). I'm hoping some of you will join us in creating and updating our own Wiki - which a few short years ago was vibrant and an amazing and accurate resource.
george 3, jjmiller69 and IBobi like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.