Wiki Posts
Search

AA Codeshare vs BA Strike

Search this Thread

Old Jun 28, 2017, 11:46 am
Original Poster

AA Codeshare vs BA Strike

Hi,

I have an upcoming RT scheduled for DFW-LHR-PRG, where the outbound part is scheduled during the BA mixed fleet FA strike window. The LHR-PRG leg is an AA codeshare flight operated by BA, booked as an AA number.

Is AA likely to allow proactive rerouting of the flight to avoid BA (and probably LHR) during the strike? Otherwise, if there is a travel disruption due to the strike, should I seek assistance from AA or from BA?
Old Jun 28, 2017, 12:06 pm

Originally Posted by bacampbe
Hi,

I have an upcoming RT scheduled for DFW-LHR-PRG, where the outbound part is scheduled during the BA mixed fleet FA strike window. The LHR-PRG leg is an AA codeshare flight operated by BA, booked as an AA number.

Is AA likely to allow proactive rerouting of the flight to avoid BA (and probably LHR) during the strike? Otherwise, if there is a travel disruption due to the strike, should I seek assistance from AA or from BA?
I had two flights impacted by the previous mixed-fleet strike. I got an auto reaccom email from AA about the first of the two, then called AA to ask them to change it to another option, which was no problem. The second flight was on my return trip, and that reaccom email came from BA. The full trip was originally booked into award inventory, but after the reaccoms was booked into full-fare buckets.

I have also had AA agents apply BA's Berlin airport union strike waivers (allowing people to fly to Hamburg) on two BA-coded flights even before AA officially posted the waiver to AA.com

Bottom line is that it seems AA should have no problem helping you. At the same time, the flights chosen for cancellation/merger are planned in advance, so don't sweat it too much (easier said than done, I know).
Old Jun 28, 2017, 2:53 pm

Programs: UA *G, BA Silver
Be aware that due to the two different IT systems it is quite possible for both AA and BA to rebook you ... at the same time, onto quite different flights, even into different alternative airports.

I've had AA book me on the next flight to my original destination, Pisa, 24 hours later, at the same time as BA rebooked me on Lufthansa through Frankfurt to Florence (arriving 10 hours later than due to arrive in Pisa).

I went to Florence, but then my return got cancelled because I hadn't shown up for the Pisa flight. A phone call was all it took to fix it fortunately.

But it is good to be forewarned.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.