Community
Wiki Posts
Search

What Airline is This?

Search this Thread

Old Jun 19, 2017, 12:35 pm
Original Poster

Programs: was UA 1K now Gold, cuz UA 1.3 MM; HA,DL,AS (no status in these), Marriott Gold
What Airline is This?

Mods; If this makes no sense please delete.
Flew SEA-PHX on AA a few days ago & kinda remember doing this via UA/codeshare sometime in the past. Was this US Airways pre-merger? If so, do last vestiges remain, similar to UA/Continental DNA traces?
Old Jun 19, 2017, 12:37 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: American Airlines
Originally Posted by BH62
Mods; If this makes no sense please delete.
Flew SEA-PHX on AA a few days ago & kinda remember doing this via UA/codeshare sometime in the past. Was this US Airways pre-merger? If so, do last vestiges remain, similar to UA/Continental DNA traces?
Was there supposed to be a photo attached? If your referring to the old HP color scheme I saw it at phx last week as well. I didn't know if this is AA's attempt at a "retro" livery or simply one that never got updated HP-->US-->AA
Old Jun 19, 2017, 1:07 pm

Programs: UA 1K, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Formerly Starbucks Gold
Could have been a US Airways livery.

I see that N578UW flew PHX-SEA-CLT, but can't find it flying SEA-PHX within the last 10 days.

https://flightaware.com/live/flight/N578UW/history
Old Jun 19, 2017, 1:20 pm
Original Poster

Programs: was UA 1K now Gold, cuz UA 1.3 MM; HA,DL,AS (no status in these), Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by enviroian
Was there supposed to be a photo attached? If your referring to the old HP color scheme I saw it at phx last week as well. I didn't know if this is AA's attempt at a "retro" livery or simply one that never got updated HP-->US-->AA
Oops, just meant to question if this was a UA codeshare route at some time, or perhaps maybe to ABQ?
Old Jun 19, 2017, 1:21 pm

Programs: UA 1K, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Formerly Starbucks Gold
Oops, just meant to question if this was a UA codeshare route at some time, or perhaps maybe to ABQ?
UA and US were alliance partners, and US had a hub at Phoenix, so yes, would have been a US airways flight that was sold by United.
Old Jun 19, 2017, 1:31 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Oceanic Airlines Gold Elite
Was this US Airways pre-merger?
Yes.

If so, do last vestiges remain, similar to UA/Continental DNA traces?
Not so much on the *A side since AA bought US and took it out of *A (and partnership with UA) to OW. But yes, there are planes that have a pmUS config as opposed to pmAA, there aren't completely unified employee contracts yet (so crew out of pmUS bases can't bid for pmAA routes), and so on. You'd only see it if you flew AA.
Old Jun 19, 2017, 2:20 pm

Programs: DL PM; UA 1K; AA 1MM
Originally Posted by eponymous_coward
Not so much on the *A side since AA bought US and took it out of *A (and partnership with UA) to OW. But yes, there are planes that have a pmUS config as opposed to pmAA, there aren't completely unified employee contracts yet (so crew out of pmUS bases can't bid for pmAA routes), and so on. You'd only see it if you flew AA.
(sorry, but if I don't say it, someone will). US bought AA, not the other way around. Or I guess technically they agreed to merge, though AA's hand was forced in bankruptcy by (US and the bankruptcy stakeholders) and the resultant leadership was US leadership. They kept the AA brand however.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.