Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

New "Better" Espresso / Coffee Machine(s) Coming to Admirals Clubs

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old May 4, 2017, 7:30 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP +2MM- LT PLT! HH Diamond

I flew out of AUS a couple of days ago, and they had installed a new coffee machine in the AC about a week ago. All the staff was raving about it, and the quality of various coffee options it provided. It apparently grinds the beans on demand, and uses real milk, not powder, when making lattes and the like.

Didn't want to have a cup at the time, but think I'll hit it up when I return through the airport.

Not sure if this was a one off, or if other ACs will also get this "upgrade".
Attached Images  
Old May 4, 2017, 8:24 pm

Programs: AA, DL, Avis, Enterprise, National, IHG, HH, SPG/MR
Unless it changed in the last week, BOS, PHL, CLT and STL still have the nescafe machines.

I usually just grab a cup of coffee from the carafes, but I'll keep an eye out for upgrades.
Old May 4, 2017, 8:44 pm

Programs: AA EXP, DL PM, Hyatt Glob, Marriott Ambassador/LTP, Nat'l Exec Elite, LEYE Gold
That's exciting. The cold milk foam is a game changer. I used to work in an office with a Nespresso Aguila like this, and the iced lattes with cold foam were really great:

Old May 4, 2017, 9:19 pm

Programs: UA
Thanks for posting - yes, they now have this at ORD as well, opposite from the guacamole guy.
Old May 4, 2017, 9:35 pm

Programs: AA EXP, HH DIA, Hyatt DIA
Saw the new machine in ORD H/K today as well this morning. Got a latte and it was better than the ones from the older machines so a perk in my book.

Line was a bit long as other guests were a bit confused (apparently you can get iced/cold drinks from this too? Which is interesting).
Old May 4, 2017, 10:19 pm

Programs: American EXP; British Airways Gold
There's a new machine in the Eagle's Nest at LAX.
Old May 5, 2017, 4:24 am

Programs: AAdvantage Executive Platinum (3 Million Miler), IHG Spire Royal Amdassador
I was at PHL Terminal F Admirals Club earlier this week and was so excited to see the new machine!
Old May 5, 2017, 4:33 am

Programs: AA PtPro (2 MM); Hilton Diamond; Hertz President Cr; DL SkyMiles; UA MileagePlus
Saw that coffee machine at LGA Terminal B (LAA) AC two weeks ago.
Old May 5, 2017, 6:07 am

Programs: US CP, UA *G; SPG Plat, Hilton Gold; Natl Exec, Hertz PC
They replaced one of the two Nescafe machines in PHL B/C with this one several months ago. But it was out of order on a few of my trips through that lounge. Not sure if bad luck or the machines have issues or just not enough AC training.
Old May 5, 2017, 11:30 am

Programs: BA Gold, HH Diamond, Marriott Gold
We have these in our office and after the initial euphoria - most of us still go down to Dunkin/Sbux/Geoffreys for our fix. It's great to have fresh milk but you need some staff always around to keep changing the nozzle to new milk gallon.
Old May 5, 2017, 12:07 pm
Suspended

Programs: DL Diamond, AAdvantage EXP, Hyatt Explorist, HHonors Diamond, Avis First
Originally Posted by teemuflyer
I flew out of AUS a couple of days ago, and they had installed a new coffee machine in the AC about a week ago. All the staff was raving about it, and the quality of various coffee options it provided. It apparently grinds the beans on demand, and uses real milk, not powder, when making lattes and the like.

Didn't want to have a cup at the time, but think I'll hit it up when I return through the airport.

Not sure if this was a one off, or if other ACs will also get this "upgrade".
I can't quite read the options, but is there an iced/cold coffee option? Not really a fan of hot drinks (I still drink iced coffees even when it's 10 degrees in NYC)
Old May 5, 2017, 3:03 pm

Programs: AA Platinum, Bonvoy Gold, DL Gold
Major improvement, those machines are very high quality (and dollar)
Old May 6, 2017, 8:43 pm

Programs: AA PPro, UA Silver, MR Plat, HH Gold, Amtrak Select, Avis Preferred Plus
I saw the new machine at ATL earlier this week. Was going to use the cold milk foam. Unfortunately, it was out of milk. The staff were not able to refill it, and offered milk from the fridge.
Old May 7, 2017, 12:30 pm

Programs: COdbaUA 1K MM, AA EXP, Bonbon Gold, GHA Titanium, Hertz PC, NEXUS and GE
These are the same commercial machines, or a variation on the same theme, that car dealerships seem to love to install. They actually do a decent cup of coffee. Net win.
Old May 7, 2017, 3:08 pm

LAX t4 has one

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.