Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

Can agents on QIK still desire/DSR a first seat for a voluntary award downgrade?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Can agents on QIK still desire/DSR a first seat for a voluntary award downgrade?

Search this Thread

Old Feb 22, 2017, 11:32 am
Original Poster

I have a Milesaaver ticket booked in business, with the domestic portion voluntarily downgraded. In the past, agents could desire/DSR the first class seat for me, and if there was space available, I would get to sit in first.

Are agents still able to do this, now that they are on QIK? If not, would the EXP desk be able to?

Thanks!
Old Feb 22, 2017, 12:49 pm
Suspended

Programs: AA, AC, DL, UA, US
If you purchase first, you wouldn't have to worry. On a free ticket, you will probably just have to take what you can get. A reason that if I want to sit in first class, I buy first class.
Old Feb 22, 2017, 12:56 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Plat; Bonvoy Titanium Lifetime Elite;Hyatt Globalist; HHonors Diamond; United Silver
I think award tickets with a voluntary downgrade comes ahead of gate upgraders, but needs award availability to do earlier than that.

i think the OPs question is whether AA will monitor award availability on his behalf.
Old Feb 22, 2017, 1:19 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, HH Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Plat, Marriott Plat, Nat'l Exec Elite, Avis Presidents Club
Originally Posted by alltheteainchina
If you purchase first, you wouldn't have to worry. On a free ticket, you will probably just have to take what you can get. A reason that if I want to sit in first class, I buy first class.
OP is paying the first class fare in miles.
Old Feb 22, 2017, 1:25 pm
Suspended

Programs: AA, AC, DL, UA, US
Originally Posted by javabytes
OP is paying the first class fare in miles.
not the same thing. Cash over miles every time.
Old Feb 22, 2017, 1:27 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
I think that the question is whether agents equipped with QIK and trained only in QIK have the capability.
Old Feb 22, 2017, 2:01 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Often1
I think that the question is whether agents equipped with QIK and trained only in QIK have the capability.
​​​​​​
Yes, exactly. It always worked fine in the past, but I'm wondering if that ability still exists post-QIK. This would be day of travel, supposing the domestic space never opened up.
Old Feb 22, 2017, 2:08 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, HH Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Plat, Marriott Plat, Nat'l Exec Elite, Avis Presidents Club
not the same thing. Cash over miles every time.
That's nice. It's also not what OP asked.
Old Feb 22, 2017, 6:29 pm

Programs: QF SG(LTS) - AA LTG(1MM)
Originally Posted by Often1
Ignoring the side discussion, And the answer is?

Happy wandering

Fred
Old Feb 22, 2017, 8:23 pm

Programs: MAR AMB, WOH Explorist, AA EXP, UA 2P
Yes, you can.
Old Feb 22, 2017, 8:43 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

And when there's no availability in first class?
Old Feb 22, 2017, 8:59 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by ijgordon
Why would you bother??
Old Feb 23, 2017, 6:41 am

Programs: QF SG(LTS) - AA LTG(1MM)
Originally Posted by ijgordon
I think the issue is when there is no availability in first until the GA gets control of the upgrade list but seats are actually unfilled. And the extension is that some of us took the over ocean award availability when it appeared and the award rules say that the domestic connection can be added for no additional miles/points (but U needs to be released).

Since the Biz seat has been paid for (in miles/points) it would be nice if priority were given over "free" and sticker upgrades. It would be equally nice if we could be certain that the GA knew how to do it.

Wandering back to my corner

Fred
Old Feb 23, 2017, 4:18 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by iadisgreat
Yes, you can.
Thanks!
Old Feb 23, 2017, 4:42 pm

Wow!?...Are you sure is is possible? Or are they limiting it to Exp&Concierge?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.