Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

Gatting complete fare details from AA ticket receipt

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 29, 2016, 5:07 pm
Original Poster

When you book a ticket with AA and get a ticket confirmation by e-mail, it generally states the base fare. total taxes and carrier imposed fees.

How can I get a complete fare breakdown (fare ladder?) showing each individual tax or fee, e.g. YQ, security fees, foreign airport fees and the entire long list of fees (airline + US + foreign fees) that you have to pay for an international ticket nowadays.

When United sends a ticket confirmation this entire information is available, but not so with AA. So how can one get this info?

I tried calling the EXP desk and after speaking to two idiots, the third person, a nice lady actually, promised to send me the full details. What did I get? The original ticket confirmation mail with no further details.
Old Aug 29, 2016, 5:12 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
As you're booking, you can view and copy or print the Detailed Fare Rules. Once you haven't done that, you can approximated by going to Refunds and going through the refunds process short of requesting the refund to determine the cancellation / change fees.

I'm not sure there's another way other than calling and getting an agent who is smarter than a sack of walnuts.
Old Aug 30, 2016, 8:38 am

Programs: AA Plat, SPG/Marriot Gold, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Expl
As noted in another thread, you can add/link your itinerary via the PNR# to TripCase, and then go to Documents to view eTicket receipt, where fare/fees/taxes are broken down.

I know it works for international trips (I see mine), but not sure if it will work for domestic.
Old Aug 30, 2016, 9:09 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by JDiver
As you're booking, you can view and copy or print the Detailed Fare Rules. Once you haven't done that, you can approximated by going to Refunds and going through the refunds process short of requesting the refund to determine the cancellation / change fees.
It doesn't sound like OP is asking about fare rules, but rather taxes and carrier charges paid as part of the ticket.

During the booking process, after you select the flights, there's a link to "Price and Tax Information" on the right side. That will bring up the full breakdown.
Not sure about the TripCase. (And I guess it's possible the "refunds" route could bring this up as well, but I don't have any AA bookings now to check ).

Here's a random example:
Attached Images  

Last edited by ijgordon; Aug 30, 2016 at 9:17 am
Old Aug 30, 2016, 10:27 am

Programs: Lots of faux metal
Originally Posted by ijgordon
It doesn't sound like OP is asking about fare rules, but rather taxes and carrier charges paid as part of the ticket.

During the booking process, after you select the flights, there's a link to "Price and Tax Information" on the right side. That will bring up the full breakdown.
Not sure about the TripCase. (And I guess it's possible the "refunds" route could bring this up as well, but I don't have any AA bookings now to check ).

Here's a random example:
As akcae notes, TripCase gives a full breakdown. Here is mine for an upcoming DONE5
Fare
MZN 185350.00
Equivalent Amount Paid
USD 2740.00
Taxes/Fees/Carrier-Imposed Charges
USD 153.00 YRI (Service Fee - Carrier-Imposed MISC)
USD 400.00 YQF (Service Fee - Fuel)
USD 8.00 ZP (Segment Tax)
USD 11.00 YC (US Customs User Fee)
USD 14.00 XY (US Federal Inspection Fee)
USD 7.92 XA (US Aphis User Fee)
USD 22.40 AY (US Security Fee)
USD 35.00 LF (Domestic And International Passenger Tax)
USD 12.50 OX (Airport Security Tax)
USD 1.00 PZ (Passenger Service Charge)
USD 30.00 ZQ (Airport Facility Charge - International)
USD 15.50 HK (Air Passenger Departure Tax)
USD 9.00 XF (US Passenger Facility Charge)
Total Fare
USD 3459.32
virtuallythere.com used to do the same thing, but AA.com purchased fares did not work. AA wouldn't allow them to be imported.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.