Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

Admirals Club House Rules (issues & discussion)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old May 21, 2017, 7:29 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: JDiver
Admirals Club House Rules

The Admirals Club Terms and Conditions, including the section entitled House Rules, can be accessed here
. May 2017:

House Rules

• During your visit to an Admirals Club lounge, American requires that your attire and conduct are consistent with a professional environment.

• American asks that you maintain a quiet environment within each Admirals Club lounge and to step outside with any crying or disruptive children or guests.

• As a courtesy to other guests, please wear headphones when using personal devices such as MP3 players, video games, or DVD players, and refrain from using the speaker feature on any personal devise, including cellular telephones.

• Smoking cigarettes, pipes or cigars (including electronic products), chewing tobacco, and the use of smokeless tobacco are prohibited inside Admirals Club lounges.

• American reserves the right to refuse to serve alcoholic beverages to any guest who appears to be intoxicated or is otherwise unruly.

• Complimentary food, alcoholic beverages and periodicals provided by Admirals Club are for consumption and use inside the Admirals Club only and may not be removed.

• Airport luggage carts are not permitted inside Admirals Club lounges.

• Service animals are welcome in Admirals Club lounges. Quiet pets accompanying guests onboard the aircraft are also permitted, provided they remain in their carry-on kennels.

• Families with small children and nursing mothers may use family rooms in Admirals Club lounges, where available.

• Any conduct that is deemed by American to be inappropriate, undignified, disruptive, abusive or violent is prohibited, and American reserves the right to remove any member or visitor for such conduct, or for failing to comply with membership terms and conditions.
Print Wikipost

Search this Thread

Old Mar 2, 2016, 7:00 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA PLT AA 1MM

These "House Rules" were linked in a recent email from AA/AC. Were these published previously? (If so, I never found them.) Good news in here if the AC staff will enforce. (Thinking of a recent thread [now closed] about unacceptable behavior in AC.) Link (from the "Updated terms and conditions" link in the email)
http://www.aa.com/i18n/travelInforma...Conditions.jsp

See Wikipost for current House Rules.

Last edited by JDiver; May 21, 2017 at 7:32 pm Reason: Delete house rules in the Wikipost
Old Mar 2, 2016, 7:49 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA, B6, DL, EK, EY, QR, SQ, UA, Amex Plat, Marriott Tit, HHonors Gold
House rules are definitely not new. Can't speak to any of the rules specifically that may have changed, however I will say that the old ones were rarely enforced.
Old Mar 2, 2016, 8:22 pm

This looks fairly similar to the list I've seen hanging in at least one Admirals Club. I didn't really read it thoroughly enough to know if the list you posted is any different, though.
Old Mar 2, 2016, 8:28 pm

All common sense, and I've never seen any enforcement or any need for enforcement.
Old Mar 3, 2016, 2:36 am

I remember the term "house rules" as being a pmUS Club thing.
Old Mar 17, 2016, 8:21 pm

Programs: AA (ExecPlat.), UA, DL, Hertz (Club Gold), Avis, Hilton (Diamond VIP), Starwood, Marriott
Admirals Club House Rules

So AA permits food purchased outside the club to be eaten in the club? UA prohibits this practice and regularly enforces it.
Old Mar 17, 2016, 9:53 pm

Programs: AA PLT, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by thumbun
So AA permits food purchased outside the club to be eaten in the club? UA prohibits this practice and regularly enforces it.
Have never ever had an issue bringing my torta into either ORD club.
Old Mar 17, 2016, 10:32 pm

i have brought in Dunkin Donuts at ORD and LAX. Not a peep from anyone.
Old Mar 18, 2016, 4:55 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Lifetime PLT, AS MVPG, HH Diamond, NCL Platinum Plus, MSC Diamond
Originally Posted by davie355
All common sense, and I've never seen any enforcement or any need for enforcement.
Really? No loud disturbances of any kind during your AC visits.
Old Mar 18, 2016, 5:14 am

Programs: AA PtPro (2 MM); Hilton Diamond; Hertz President Cr; DL SkyMiles; UA MileagePlus
Originally Posted by thumbun
AC used to have no outside food rule also. After 9/11 when airlines stopped serving complimentary meals in economy, about same time AC changed the rule allowing outside food.
Old Mar 18, 2016, 9:13 am

Interesting spelling of "device". Typo, or are our British cousins writing the rules for us uncouth Yanks?
Old Mar 18, 2016, 11:08 am

Programs: AA EXP 3MM, DL GM, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by mvoight
Really? No loud disturbances of any kind during your AC visits.
I think everyone has a different definition of quiet or loud. For example, the quiet car on Amtrak is really a silent car, where any noise, even keyboard noises or whispered conversations sometimes provoke glares.

I think of quiet as no amplification, so no radios nor speakerphones. But regular-voice conversations, even the annoying one-sided phone conversations that always seem to situate in my immediate vicinity, are allowed.

It does appear that children and adults running or yelling is disallowed by these club rules. Of course, the bar areas often have an (amplified) television on, so who knows what AA means by a quiet environment.
Old Mar 18, 2016, 2:22 pm

Originally Posted by pmblinn
Interesting spelling of "device". Typo, or are our British cousins writing the rules for us uncouth Yanks?
That's not a British spelling. It's a typo that wouldn't be caught by spelling checkers because "devise" is a correctly spelled word in any version of English, just not the right word in this context.

Last edited by SeeBuyFly; Mar 18, 2016 at 2:38 pm
Old Mar 18, 2016, 2:31 pm

Programs: BA Gold, HHonors Gold, Marriott Silver
What is "attire consistent with professional environment"?

I have literally (like 20mins ago) used the shower in AA flagship @ JFK and changed into tracksuit bottoms (sweat pants?) and polo shirt for the flight... I would never wear tracksuit bottoms to work, but it's comfortable for the flight and relaxing after a nice shower.
Old Mar 18, 2016, 2:34 pm

Programs: AA EXP
Originally Posted by CocoPops
What is "attire consistent with professional environment"?

I have literally (like 20mins ago) used the shower in AA flagship @ JFK and changed into tracksuit bottoms (sweat pants?) and polo shirt for the flight... I would never wear tracksuit bottoms to work, but it's comfortable for the flight and relaxing after a nice shower.
Never seen this enforced, and on several occasions I've entered the club wearing shorts and flip flops.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.