Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

ARCHIVE: 2016-2017 Admirals Club, Flagship Lounge & Dining Changes, Renovations

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 25, 2019, 3:54 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: JDiver
NOTE: The current thread can be read here.

Admirals Club, Flagship Lounge, Flagship Dining Changes, Renovations & Additions
Signed in members with 90 days / 90 posts can edit this Wikipost; print wiki content with (lower right wiki corner)

On 17 February 2016 American Airlines announced a number of additions and implied possible access changes. Link.

Link to aa.com page listing lounge updates. (DEACTIVATED)

NOTES:: Day Pass sales have been suspended at airports with Admirals Clubs under renovation.

Thirty day memberships ceased to be available 25 Jul 2016.

Read the newest posts for updated information.

Admirals Club, Flagship, Arrivals Lounges and Flagship First Dining

CLT Concourse B Club to be closed “soon” (As of June 2018) for renovation.. Link.

DFW Terminal D Club CLOSED for refurbishment, Dining closed, interim Premium passenger lounge open ~7 Apr 2018. New Flagship Lounge, Flagship First Dining and Admirals Club to open (perhaps in 18-24 months?) See this thread.

DFW Terminal A Club OPEN again as of 7 April 2018.

DFW Terminal D Admirals Club, Flagship Dining CLOSED 7 Apr 2018.

DFW Terminal D interim Premium Lounge above D36 OPEN 7 Apr 2018. (NOTE: only open to eligible International Premium cabin passengers, not Admirals Club members.)

SEE DFW Admirals Club Terminal D 7 Apr 2018 Closure for Extensive Changes

Current Flagship Lounges and Flagship First Dining Lounges
: Chicago (ORD), Los Angeles (LAX), New York (JFK) renewed.

London (LHR) and New York (JFK) Flagship Lounges recently renewed.

Flagship Lounge Additions, Club Renovations and Flagship Dining expansion and access changes:

During renovations and prior to new rules allowing longhaul international Business, EP, PPro and Plat passengers to access Flagship Lounges, some will temporarily be renamed "International First Class Lounge".
  • Chicago (ORD): H6-K6 Renovations (Flagship Lounge, Flagship First Dining, Admirals Club) over
  • Chicago (ORD): The new Admirals Club at Concourse L opened 27 Nov 2016.

• Dallas - FT. Worth (DFW): Terminal "D” Flagship Lounge / oneworld Airlines Premium Lounge, Flagship First Dining and Admirals Club to open ~2019 .

• Los Angeles (LAX): Renovation (Flagship Lounge, Flagship First Dining, Admirals Club) complete. T5 lounge open in old Delta Sky Club space.[/b]

• London (LHR): Arrivals Lounge recently renovated; reopened 3 Aug 2016 with enhanced breakfast, expanded hours and 29 shower suites.

• Miami (MIA): D30 Flagship Lounge renovation is finished (Club portionclosed?), D15 Renovation is finished, restrooms, children's room, business center all open; D30 new Flagship Lounge with 6 nice big showers, Arepa station, buffet and more is open ; Flagship Dining open.

• New York (JFK): B12 Club closed for renovation (temporary lounge open on mezzanine bridge or use C42 Club); Flagship First Dining opened 25 May 2017. First Class Lounge renovation completed 8 Dec 2016 and Flagship Lounge name restored.

• Philadelphia (PHL): New Flagship Lounge scheduled - A West Club Gates A15/A16.

• Rio de Janeiro (GIG) Renovation completed 4 Aug 2016.
Closures (2015): Clubs were closed at Buffalo (BUF) and San Juan (SJU) in 2015.

Access changes from AA
  • Flagship Lounge access AA: Starting in mid 2017, Flagship Lounge access is extended to customers booked in Business and First Class on A321T three class transcon, Trans-Atlantic, Trans-Pacific and deep South American flights, as well as EXP/EMD, PPRO & PLAT/SAP on qualifying flights in any class of service.

See and discuss in Expanded Access to Flagship Lounge Coming "in Spring 2017"

• Flagship First Dining access: First Class customers on American’s 3-class international and transcontinental flights will have exclusive access to FlagshipSM Dining in 2017.

(This has put Flagship Dining into a category similar to the BA Concorde Room and a few other lounges - not oneworld lounges, restricted to long haul Flagship (three class) First passengers on AA marketed and operated flights only.)

• Admirals Club access: No announced or predicted access changes.
However, thirty day memberships are no longer available as of 25 Jul 2016, and One Day Pass cost has increased to $59. Annual Club memberships increased in price in 2016.

Link to View from the Wing article

[/color]
Print Wikipost

ARCHIVE: 2016-2017 Admirals Club, Flagship Lounge & Dining Changes, Renovations

Search this Thread

Old May 5, 2017, 10:57 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AA ExecPl, AT Gold, Hyatt Globalist, IHG Diamond, Hilton Diamond, National
Originally Posted by ronp101
According to AA website, MCO Admirals Club is now open.

https://www.aa.com/i18n/travelInform...&locale=en_US#
Looks lovely. Sort of annoying that they close at 7:45pm when they have an 8:45pm flight to DCA. You'd think they'd just close the lounge at 8:15.
Old May 6, 2017, 9:19 am

Originally Posted by GotCalcio4
Yes, but the upgrade must have already cleared, meaning you must have your business or first class boarding pass in hand. If it has cleared, there is no differentiation in services received, be it on the ground (on either side, such as access to the Arrivals Lounge in LHR) or in the air.
thanks, I did manage to go to the admiral club after i cleared, so it worked out.
Old May 7, 2017, 9:11 pm

Programs: American AAdvantage EXP, World of Hyatt Explorist, Marriott Rewards Titanium, MGM Rewards Gold
IAH Hours

Any word on the hours of the new IAH lounge? AA.com doesn't even have it listed on the site yet.
Old May 7, 2017, 10:47 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by joepercussion1
Any word on the hours of the new IAH lounge? AA.com doesn't even have it listed on the site yet.
Went to AA hours listed as 0330-1930 doubt they added it in last hour.
Old May 8, 2017, 9:15 am

With all the construction going on at ORD's lounges, which one is the best to go to right now (most comfortable, best snacks)? Thanks
Old May 8, 2017, 9:34 am

Programs: AA EXP
Originally Posted by hitek0007
With all the construction going on at ORD's lounges, which one is the best to go to right now (most comfortable, best snacks)? Thanks
I was there a couple times in the last week...I'd have to say the lounges at L or G are much better than H/K while it's under construction. G has a fresh look and is complete. For less traffic or crowding, I'd recommend visiting the L club- whenever I was there it always seemed to be empty. Seems most people aren't aware of its existence yet.

H/K is usually a zoo and I'd suggest skipping it altogether.
Old May 8, 2017, 6:55 pm

Programs: Alaska Airlines Gold MVP
Originally Posted by flyerCO
Went to AA hours listed as 0330-1930 doubt they added it in last hour.
330am?!? Crazy.
Old May 8, 2017, 7:01 pm

Location: Catania, Sicily/South Jersey (PHL)/Houston, Texas/Red Stick/airborne in-between
Programs: United Global Svs, AA PlatPro, WN RR, AZ/ITA Freccia, Hilton Diam, Bonvoy Gold, Hertz Prez, IHG
Originally Posted by MAH4546
330am?!? Crazy.
The checkpoint opens at 3:15 now, I did not realise that. Might have to get another membership. When does TABC allow alcohol Mon-Sat. 7am?
Old May 8, 2017, 8:16 pm

Programs: UA 1MM, AA1MM PLTPRO, Hertz PC, National EXC, Hyatt Explorist, Hilton/Marriott Gold, IHG Platinum
Does anybody know if a few of the clubs in hub airports still offer complimentary premium drinks during construction (e.g. A club in DFW, L in ORD)? I am flying through ORD this week and might avail myself of the free better drinks if still available.
Old May 9, 2017, 7:16 am

Programs: AA EXP, LT PLT 2.6MM, HHonors Lifetime Diamond, Hertz Presidents Circle
Originally Posted by ACA321
I was there a couple times in the last week...I'd have to say the lounges at L or G are much better than H/K while it's under construction. G has a fresh look and is complete. For less traffic or crowding, I'd recommend visiting the L club- whenever I was there it always seemed to be empty. Seems most people aren't aware of its existence yet.

H/K is usually a zoo and I'd suggest skipping it altogether.
G is the best lounge. Outlets and USB everywhere. Enough and accessible from virtually every seat. Great quiet room. It was one of the first with the new refreshed look. It's a long walk from the high H or K gates, though, so time it appropriately. Only bad thing about G is that the views are not great.

L has some ridiculously awful furniture, and is usually completely empty. Depending on where you sit power is scarce. It's a great addition if your flight is on a RJ out of L, though. Plus, there is a great view of the new walkway and gates being built for AA, if you're interested in that kind of thing.

The new parts of H/K are really nice, and the renovation looks like it's going to be great. But right now, it's hard to find a seat.
Old May 9, 2017, 7:53 am
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AA EXP 2MM; Marriott Titanium; Hilton Diamond; Hyatt Explorist; Vistana 5* Elite; Nat'l Exec Elite
Originally Posted by FlyingHoustonian
The checkpoint opens at 3:15 now, I did not realise that. Might have to get another membership. When does TABC allow alcohol Mon-Sat. 7am?
TABC rules: Monday - Saturday 7:00 a.m.
Old May 9, 2017, 8:39 am
Used to be 'g_leyser'

Location: Brandon Johnson International Airport (expect delays)
Programs: AA PlatPro, HH Gold, Bonvoy Gold, IHG Plat, Reno Air MEGA Platinum
Originally Posted by akarneboge

L has some ridiculously awful furniture, and is usually completely empty. Depending on where you sit power is scarce. .

When was the last time you were in the L club? The furniture is brand new. And I've never had issues finding a power port.
Old May 9, 2017, 9:01 am

Programs: IB+ Emerald (Platino), M&M Senator (Gold), Meliá Rewards Platino, NH Platinum
Originally Posted by controller1
TABC rules: Monday - Saturday 7:00 a.m.
Sorry, I am not familiar with the US/texan rules.
It means that before 7am you can´t get a beer? I am not a fan of drinking alco in the morning, but just asking...
And how about Sundays?
Old May 9, 2017, 3:17 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by Marcin83
Sorry, I am not familiar with the US/texan rules.
It means that before 7am you can´t get a beer? I am not a fan of drinking alco in the morning, but just asking...
And how about Sundays?
Yes. Noon on Sundays. Home rule cities I believe can have slightly different hours if they choose.
Old May 9, 2017, 3:28 pm

Programs: IB+ Emerald (Platino), M&M Senator (Gold), Meliá Rewards Platino, NH Platinum
Originally Posted by flyerCO
Yes. Noon on Sundays. Home rule cities I believe can have slightly different hours if they choose.
Thanks

Does it also apply to drinks served on board?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.