Wiki Posts
Search

772 DFW-CDG Seat Selection

Search this Thread

Old Dec 1, 2015, 1:18 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA, 3MM
772 DFW-CDG Seat Selection

I understand from a recent thread that the old 2-3-2 configuration remains in play for DFW-CDG (J). I am looking to buy travel for next Sept/Oct for my wife's 50th bday. We really want lie-flat's (spoiled by 77W to LHR last year). Too many times I've done the 15 hours to INC in the "angle-flats," and would prefer to avoid if possible for this trip.

My question is this. Is there any way to determine if the upgraded aircraft will be in place by that time, or do I need to just buy F seating under the current seat map and see what happens? My concern is that I'm paying more for F now when in fact J would have sufficed, if aircraft is upgraded.

(I know darn well AA won't refund me any fare difference between F paid and the J we would end up getting.)

Thanks
Old Dec 1, 2015, 1:29 pm

Programs: Delta SkyMiles, AA
I would not pay for F on this old bird. Horrible hard and soft product with no wifi. I found this trip report on the route in F: http://airwaysandtravels.com/2014/11...rst-class-777/
Old Dec 1, 2015, 3:08 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA, 3MM
What a wonderfully done and thorough review, thank you for sharing.
Old Dec 1, 2015, 5:24 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP 2MM, SK EBS
Originally Posted by Mynoles1
(I know darn well AA won't refund me any fare difference between F paid and the J we would end up getting.)
Of course they would. If you buy F on DFW-CDG and AA later subs in a new 772 or 763 with only J, you would have several options:

1) switch to a new routing that does offer F
2) downgrade to J and get a refund of the fare difference
3) cancel & full refund

You could also try for something like DFW-MIA/ORD-CDG in J on the outbound to get a refurb 763 (fully flat). Take the nonstop CDG-DFW on the return, for a day flight I find the old 772 J seats great for lounging and napping, and no connections on your way home.
Old Dec 2, 2015, 7:11 am

One option I would put out there would be to look at routing into LCY on BA's little J service from JFK, then take the Eurostar to Paris at your leisure.
Old Dec 2, 2015, 7:23 am

Originally Posted by ShortDog
One option I would put out there would be to look at routing into LCY on BA's little J service from JFK, then take the Eurostar to Paris at your leisure.
That would involve 2 extra connections (and a terminal change), inferior seats compared to AA F and New J, longer traveling time and less time in the J seats (and less sleep).

The only upside is enjoying London for a day or two, which is easier (and more comfortably) achieved by flying DFW-LHR non stop on AA.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.