Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

787-8 / 788 Dreamliner routes / routing (consolidated)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Feb 12, 2015, 2:09 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: AlwaysSunnyInORD
American Airlines Boeing 787-8 / 788 "Dreamliner" Routes / Routing

Scheduled 788 markets as of 07MAY17
DFW-PEK
DFW-PVG
DFW-SCL
ORD-NRT
ORD-PEK
ORD-PVG
ORD-LHR
ORD-BCN
ORD-DUB (Begins AUG 05, Ends OCT 29)
ORD-CDG (Begins OCT 29)
LAX-AKL (Ends AUG 04)
LAX-PVG

Additional information:
Print Wikipost

787-8 / 788 Dreamliner routes / routing (consolidated)

Search this Thread

Old Mar 21, 2016, 9:38 am

Programs: UA Gold Marriott Gold Choice Gold Wyndham Platinum IHG Platinum Avis President's Club Amtrak Select
From June 1 to June 23, one ORD-LHR, LHR-ORD frequency, AA 46 and AA 87 respectively, will be operated by a 788.
Old Mar 24, 2016, 7:07 am

Programs: AA EXP
Looking at AA 2331 ORD-DFW on 3/31 looks like it is operated by a 787. But that flight has historically never been operated with that eqipment. What are the chances they will actually use this equipment for this flight?
Old Mar 24, 2016, 8:56 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by jpasiczn
Looking at AA 2331 ORD-DFW on 3/31 looks like it is operated by a 787. But that flight has historically never been operated with that eqipment. What are the chances they will actually use this equipment for this flight?
AA has been flying a 787 DFW-ORD-DFW at least once a day almost every day since the 787s arrived. I believe that DFW-ORD was the first revenue route for AA's 787s. The odds are pretty good that if you book it, you'll fly on a 787.

Welcome to Flyertalk (first post).
Old Apr 3, 2016, 1:28 am

Programs: AAdvantage PLT, AA 2MM, Marriott Gold
PEK-ORD changing from 787-8?

Upon booking paid J DAY-DFW-PEK-ORD-DAY via aa.com yesterday was unable to get seat assigned for Jun 11 PEK-ORD. Called later, was told an equipment change is pending but should be able to select seat soon.

Any idea what's going on? Web site still shows 788 as it has for several weeks, consistent with posts here.

PS: I truly dislike the automated attendant now answering the "platinum line"
Old Apr 3, 2016, 7:03 am

Programs: AA EXP, LT PLT 2.6MM, HHonors Lifetime Diamond, Hertz Presidents Circle
Originally Posted by benzguy80
PS: I truly dislike the automated attendant now answering the "platinum line"
There's been an automated attendant answering the EXP line for as long as I've been EXP. And the "platinum line" had an automated attendant before I was EXP too. And IIRC, the platinum line just gives you higher priority in the queue on the normal line. I started flying AA in 2003. Automated attendants are nothing new IME.
Old Apr 3, 2016, 1:36 pm

Programs: AAdvantage PLT, AA 2MM, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by akarneboge
There's been an automated attendant answering the EXP line for as long as I've been EXP. And the "platinum line" had an automated attendant before I was EXP too. And IIRC, the platinum line just gives you higher priority in the queue on the normal line. I started flying AA in 2003. Automated attendants are nothing new IME.
It wasn't asking my AAdv number and fully attempting to "service" my reason for calling previously, just routing the call. We're off topic, though.
Old Apr 13, 2016, 11:28 am

Programs: AA EXP; UA 1K; and a bunch of hotel statuses
Originally Posted by FWAAA
AA has been flying a 787 DFW-ORD-DFW at least once a day almost every day since the 787s arrived. I believe that DFW-ORD was the first revenue route for AA's 787s. The odds are pretty good that if you book it, you'll fly on a 787.

Welcome to Flyertalk (first post).
Such could possibly be AA transferring 787 pilots from DFW base to operate dremilner flights out ot ORD
Old Apr 14, 2016, 6:12 am

Programs: AA EXP, HGH Platinum, Hyatt Diamond, Marriott Silver, Avis PP.
Originally Posted by Henry Chen
There are some articles stating that people are unable to lower the privacy dividers. Has this been fix? Thanks in advance
Raised on PVG to DFW last Tuesday. Only 1 was down. I tried to lower mine, but it felt pretty solid. Maybe FA's know the trick?
Old Apr 21, 2016, 2:36 am

Programs: I go wherever the content takes me.
Following recent equipment changes and schedule changes, an upcoming flight in August, ORD-DFW, is now operated by a 777-200 as opposed to the 787 it was originally.

Has DFW-ORD been cut from the 787 roster?
Old Apr 21, 2016, 3:42 am

Programs: AA
I have an award booking Dub-LHR-JFK-LAS. On the return it was leaving LAS at 6.40 am which gave us plenty of time for the departing flight back to MAN. The schedule has now been changed and leaving LAS at 15.29 arriving ORD at 21.05. We are now being routed through ORD for a flight to MAN on the 788 at 21.55.

Due to the short connection time would it be best to arrange another connection or stick with this in the hope everything runs to time?
Thanks
Old Apr 25, 2016, 6:09 am

Aa 787 ord-pek ?

Hello,

Sorry if this is an uninformed question. I booked an award flight on a 787 from ORD-PEK in June. I found this article online mentioning that the 787 was servicing this route for March and April and then being replaced with a 777-200 (http://www.travelingformiles.com/ame...icago-beijing/).

Is this information incorrect? AA is still displaying a 787 for my seat selection.
Thanks!
Old Apr 25, 2016, 6:53 am

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by thatdarnpunk
Hello,

Sorry if this is an uninformed question. I booked an award flight on a 787 from ORD-PEK in June. I found this article online mentioning that the 787 was servicing this route for March and April and then being replaced with a 777-200 (http://www.travelingformiles.com/ame...icago-beijing/).

Is this information incorrect? AA is still displaying a 787 for my seat selection.
Thanks!
That was a blog post from the beginning of the year and a subsequent AA schedule change has seen the 787 Dreamliner retained on the route though to the end of the current viewable schedule (as far as I can see). The post has been updated to remove the reference to the 1 month time window the 787 was originally scheduled for.
Old Apr 25, 2016, 7:28 am

Originally Posted by Mileometer
That was a blog post from the beginning of the year and a subsequent AA schedule change has seen the 787 Dreamliner retained on the route though to the end of the current viewable schedule (as far as I can see). The post has been updated to remove the reference to the 1 month time window the 787 was originally scheduled for.
Thanks! Sorry for the confusion. Any chance you have the updated post? I couldn't find it.
Old Apr 25, 2016, 12:04 pm

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by thatdarnpunk
Thanks! Sorry for the confusion. Any chance you have the updated post? I couldn't find it.
Any confusion is definitely my fault

The updated post is available through the same link (if you cant see it try clearing your browser cache) but it's only been changed to remove the mention of the route reverting to a 777-200 so you probably won't learn much more from it
Old Jun 2, 2016, 9:00 am

Programs: AA EXP, 4.6 MM, LT Pt, HH Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Im assuming flight 2225 today is sort of the inaugural flight for 788 service from ORD to LAX. I know flight 110 (LAX to ORD) occurred yesterday but couldnt make that one. Since I was already in Chicago and scheduled back to Los Angeles on 6/2 but on an earlier flight, I went ahead and changed to 2225.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.