Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

No longer getting Loyalty Points for my RocketMiles Bookings

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Dec 13, 2023, 11:15 am
Original Poster

At the latest hotel stays, I am only getting award miles and no loyalty miles. I have always received loyalty points in the past... did something change?

Award Miles
Base miles
Bonus miles
6,007Loyalty Points

Last edited by steamboatdevil; Dec 13, 2023 at 11:33 am Reason: Added Screenshot
Old Dec 13, 2023, 11:17 am

Programs: AA Executive Platinum, Marriott Lifetime Titanium, IHG Platinum
Deleted
Old Dec 13, 2023, 11:53 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP 2MM, SK EBS
Originally Posted by steamboatdevil
At the latest hotel stays, I am only getting award miles and no loyalty miles. I have always received loyalty points in the past... did something change?
Nothing has changed.

Was this only one stay, or multiple stays you've had this happen? You didn't provide a lot of details.

It's either just a complete glitch with that stay posting, or you're looking at something else like a bonus mile offer or "Earn Even More Miles" or something like that.

I had an AAH stay from last week that just posted today and everything was normal as it should be.

Bookaahotels vs RocketMiles - useability, experiences, questions, data points
Old Dec 13, 2023, 12:57 pm
Original Poster

Thanks... !

It must be a bonus offer. The mileage posted is off by ten points from what I was promised on the booking statement, so I assumed it was from my latest hotel stay.
Old Dec 13, 2023, 1:52 pm

Programs: AA, but I play the field
Originally Posted by steamboatdevil
Thanks... !

It must be a bonus offer. The mileage posted is off by ten points from what I was promised on the booking statement, so I assumed it was from my latest hotel stay.
Do you have a Citi Exec card by chance? The bonus miles for that have bwen posting separately (or at least on a separate tile) from LPs on Aa.com
Old Dec 13, 2023, 2:37 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by ZenFlyer
Do you have a Citi Exec card by chance? The bonus miles for that have bwen posting separately (or at least on a separate tile) from LPs on Aa.com
That thread caught my eye.. and I was going to post there but it seemed to be related to the Business Exec card and not regular Exec card.
Old Feb 7, 2024, 2:27 am

Programs: BA Gold, Priority Club Gold, Accor Silver, Virgin Australia Gold
Rocketmiles and AA are now parting company. I saw a significant reduction in points received (only about 100 per booking) compared to.up to 10,000 in the past. Shame, it was a good wee earner compared to AA hotels.
Old Feb 7, 2024, 2:51 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP / LT PLT / 3MM, Marriott LT Gold
Originally Posted by nivsy
Rocketmiles and AA are now parting company.
How do you know this?
Old Feb 7, 2024, 3:09 am

Originally Posted by vasantn
How do you know this?
Maybe still available via AA only? E mail from rocketmiles states: "Starting February 9, 2024, the AAdvantage program will sunset on rocketmiles.com. However, you can still earn and redeem miles through the AAdvantage Hotels platform, a streamlined way to book rewarding stays."

Nevertheless, earnings are very low compared to the past via Rocketmiles.com
Old Feb 7, 2024, 3:50 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by nivsy
Maybe still available via AA only? E mail from rocketmiles states: "Starting February 9, 2024, the AAdvantage program will sunset on rocketmiles.com. However, you can still earn and redeem miles through the AAdvantage Hotels™ platform, a streamlined way to book rewarding stays."

Nevertheless, earnings are very low compared to the past via Rocketmiles.com
Earnings have been low for quite a few months now, compared to in the heyday of BookAAHotels and RocketMiles. Both these programs have been rolled into AAdvantageHotels.

If you log in and have one or both of (1) AA status and (2) an AA-branded CC, you will see higher earnings. But still nothing like what they used to be.
Old Feb 7, 2024, 3:59 am

Programs: Amtrak Guest Rewards (SE), Virgin America Elevate, Hyatt Gold Passport (Platinum), VIA Preference
Nothing seems to have changed on the Aadvantage Hotels side (well, aside from the mystery account lockouts). The usual suspect hotels are still showing solid rates.
Old Feb 7, 2024, 4:05 am

Independently, it was a good way to earn miles with AA. Rocketmiles still exist with other airlines however so can make earnings with those carriers instead.
Old Feb 7, 2024, 6:33 am

Earnings have been low for quite a few months now, compared to in the heyday of BookAAHotels and RocketMiles. Both these programs have been rolled into AAdvantageHotels.

If you log in and have one or both of (1) AA status and (2) an AA-branded CC, you will see higher earnings. But still nothing like what they used to be.
I think that is too strong of a statement. I did slightly worse this year versus last year in terms of LP/$ via no-show one night stays in southeast Asia, but overall it was about the same at 3.0 cents/LP. And the 30% bonus for passing 100K LPs made this year much more cost effective. I know people found better deals than that on the old platforms, but I don't think they were so much better as to say this year is "nothing like what they used to be."
Old Feb 7, 2024, 6:43 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by saunders111
I think that is too strong of a statement. I did slightly worse this year versus last year in terms of LP/$ via no-show one night stays in southeast Asia, but overall it was about the same at 3.0 cents/LP. And the 30% bonus for passing 100K LPs made this year much more cost effective. I know people found better deals than that on the old platforms, but I don't think they were so much better as to say this year is "nothing like what they used to be."
In the very early going, I had a bunch of bookings at between 1 and 2. Now I'm having trouble finding anything less than 4-5. The big difference is that "boost" miles don't count toward LPs any longer.
Old Feb 7, 2024, 7:01 am

In the very early going, I had a bunch of bookings at between 1 and 2. Now I'm having trouble finding anything less than 4-5. The big difference is that "boost" miles don't count toward LPs any longer.
OK, I understand your point. However, in two minutes of searching I did find the Himawari Hotel Apartments in Phnom Penh, check in on 2/20, at 2.9 cents/LP before tax. So they are out there at decent but not great rates, with minimal searching required.
vasantn likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.