Search

US MileSAAver awards now live on AA

Search this Thread

Old Jan 6, 2014, 10:35 pm
In memoriam
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP, DL PLT, UA 1P, SPG Gold
US MileSAAver awards now live on AA

Just looked and it seems that AA.com now shows award availability on USAir. Great availability on LAX-PHL non-stops that I checked. Good to see some good news coming out of the merger already!
Old Jan 6, 2014, 10:55 pm

Just checked MCO-CLT and very good availability too on USAir. Interesting that you can find award tickets but not revenue tickets.
Old Jan 6, 2014, 10:58 pm

Programs: UA Silver, MR titanium
You can find 35k flts on AA on usairways website for off peak flts to Europe
Old Jan 6, 2014, 11:26 pm

Programs: AA PLTPRO, HH Diamond, IHG Plat, Marriott Plat, Hyatt Globalist
Just noticed this. Have been shopping for flights tonight. The site's a bit wonky though. Intermittently crashing between searches

**Site working now. Looking at award tickets from Iceland and it blows my mind that I can get from KEF to LGB, my home airport, on one award. I hope US/AA keeps flying out of LGB!

Last edited by OskiBear; Jan 6, 2014 at 11:39 pm
Old Jan 6, 2014, 11:34 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by tonytifao
Just checked MCO-CLT and very good availability too on USAir. Interesting that you can find award tickets but not revenue tickets.
Revenue tickets show if you select "All Carriers"
Old Jan 6, 2014, 11:35 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA:EXP/1MM. Accor/Radisson:Silver; HH:Gold; ICH:Plt Amb.
More evidence that Doug Parker is ruining things with this merger!! I blame you DoJ!!!

Anyway, has anyone noticed if the AA website off-peak awards for US are mirroring the low and medium levels on the US website, or just the low level availabilty?
Old Jan 6, 2014, 11:37 pm

Programs: AA GLD .25MM, CO, UA, US, DL, HH, SPG (all cardboard)
YOW availability next month not too good.
Also no AAnytime awards, of course.
Old Jan 6, 2014, 11:51 pm
In memoriam
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP, DL PLT, UA 1P, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by OskiBear
Just noticed this. Have been shopping for flights tonight. The site's a bit wonky though. Intermittently crashing between searches

**Site working now. Looking at award tickets from Iceland and it blows my mind that I can get from KEF to LGB, my home airport, on one award. I hope US/AA keeps flying out of LGB!
Does US fly to KEF??? If so, we should do a OneWorld chase of Aurora Borealis
Old Jan 7, 2014, 12:38 am

Programs: Alaska Airlines Gold MVP
Originally Posted by Fanjet
More evidence that Doug Parker is ruining things with this merger!! I blame you DoJ!!!
What on earth are you talking about? What exactly is there to be upset with here?
Old Jan 7, 2014, 1:13 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by OskiBear

AA search came up with awards into BUR so i thought i was hallucinating - turned out to be US space showing up... ^

i wonder if AA flights are also already available on USAir by any chance...
Old Jan 7, 2014, 1:23 am

Programs: AA Executive Platinum, Hyatt Globalist, HHonors Silver
Originally Posted by Fanjet
Anyway, has anyone noticed if the AA website off-peak awards for US are mirroring the low and medium levels on the US website, or just the low level availabilty?
I just got off the phone with the CP line after doing a miles booking on some AA/US flights (a single mixed itinerary). The girl on the phone confirmed that only the AA "low" awards are available to them/us right now. So, even though I could see 25k/segment availability when searching on aa.com, only the 12.5k/segment flights were available for me to book with US miles.

Also, the 5k miles DMS discount doesn't apply [yet].

Impressive though that things are actually up and running at this level!

OM
Old Jan 7, 2014, 1:28 am

Programs: AA Executive Platinum, Hyatt Globalist, HHonors Silver
Originally Posted by Ottermatic
I just got off the phone with the CP line after doing a miles booking on some AA/US flights (a single mixed itinerary). The girl on the phone confirmed that only the AA "low" awards are available to them/us right now. So, even though I could see 25k/segment availability when searching on aa.com, only the 12.5k/segment flights were available for me to book with US miles.

Also, the 5k miles DMS discount doesn't apply [yet].

Impressive though that things are actually up and running at this level!

OM
Ooops, just realized you were talking about US flights on the AA website, not AA flights on the US website, but still -- good info to post.

OM
Old Jan 7, 2014, 1:35 am

Excellent availability for off peak 20k awards from PHL to Europe, direct with us airways. This is a game changer for me. Very excited!
Old Jan 7, 2014, 6:26 am
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeAman 5+ Badge

Just saw that it's possible to book AA DFW-ICN return for only 90K USAirway miles.. ^
Old Jan 7, 2014, 6:30 am

Programs: Marriott, AAdvantage, United, Club Carlson
Does anyone see J class awards? I'm looking BOS-ATH in August and lots of 30k economy awards on US, but when I click to Business class, it switches to AA

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.