Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

What's the stupidest, least substantive thing you can complain about?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Dec 4, 2015, 12:52 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: JDiver

Thread founder Blumie had the following dedicatory post to kick off the original thread in June of 2010 to guide us, so we will take our cues from that to continue this hallowed FT-AA|A tradition. (FT Rules still apply.)

Originally Posted by Blumie
What's FT if not a place to complain about the small stuff? After all, we've seen threads in which people have complained about virtually everything, from the ceiling height at JAX to the font, ink and paper used to print boarding passes. So I thought I'd start what I hope will become the one of the most valuable and important threads in the history of FT, one in which we consolidate all of our complaints about stuff that just doesn't matter and that validates AA's decision not to have an official presence on this board.

I'll go first: I find it really annoying the way the napkins are fanned before being put out at the Admirals Clubs. Is this supposed to make us feel like the place is uber-fancy? Why don't they just forget about the fanning and put out some real napkins instead of the flimsy cocktail napkins they use?
Older posts have been archived, and may be read here.
Print Wikipost

Search this Thread

Old Jun 30, 2016, 6:55 am

Programs: AA EXP, DL Platinum, and assorted hotel loyalty schemes.
Originally Posted by apeortdz
Tell us more of this story...sounds interesting.
Conclusion to the story. I received a call from an AA customer service representative on Tuesday. He told me that the incident was investigated and "corrective measures" are taking place. I was also refunded half of the F fare I paid when I told the rep that I was moving my paid F flying to Delta because their F product appears to be more consistent.

(Moderators: sorry to derail this thread, feel free to move to a better place).
Old Jul 23, 2016, 9:33 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA
My friend missed her connection in CLT to the last scheduled flight to LGA the other night, but they managed to get her on a delayed earlier flight, so she missed out on the miles from the CLT-SEA-JFK reroute she found.
Old Jul 23, 2016, 1:05 pm

Programs: AA EXP OWE, DL DM ST+, AS MVPG, UA, BA, WN CP, Hyatt E, Ritz Plat, HH GM
Originally Posted by wrp96
My friend missed her connection in CLT to the last scheduled flight to LGA the other night, but they managed to get her on a delayed earlier flight, so she missed out on the miles from the CLT-SEA-JFK reroute she found.
Wouldn't that be unticketable due to MPM?
Old Aug 16, 2016, 4:27 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP +2MM- LT PLT! HH Diamond
Entertainment Schedule Locked on to July 2016

It is already Aug 16, and if you try to use the "See what's playing on your flight" link on AA.com, it takes you to:

http://americanairlinesentertainment.com/july-2016/

Even after trying to manually change it to

http://americanairlinesentertainment.com/august-2016/

it reverts back to

http://americanairlinesentertainment.com/july-2016/
Old Aug 30, 2016, 5:32 pm
Senior Moderator and Moderator: American AAdvantage & TravelBuzz

Programs: AA EXP, Marriott Titanium
Had the cold "Asian chicken salad" and had to spend 3 minutes picking out all the green onions in there. Why add such an unnecessary/gross garnish?!?
Old Aug 30, 2016, 8:38 pm

Programs: AA EXP/OWE, Marriott Ambassador
I booked two first class international tickets on AA's new 789 recently, and the website froze on me during seat selection, so I had to waste another minute rebooking.

Old Aug 30, 2016, 8:41 pm

Programs: AA EXP/OWE, Marriott Ambassador
We were outbound to MCO on the last flight out of DFW. The weather was terrible, and we took off on time instead of getting cancelled, causing us to miss-out on our trip delay coverage (insurance) of $250 per person, AND we didn't get to fly out the next morning on the lie-flat CIP 763 flight on that route, OR get a free night at the DFW Hyatt. Pfffffff.
Old Sep 7, 2016, 7:41 am

Programs: AA Executive Platinum; Hilton Diamond
My stupid complaint is that no one has posted any stupid complaints for over a week!
Old Sep 7, 2016, 7:47 am

Programs: AA EXP, LT Gold
No, we just re-located the complaining temporarily:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/ameri...gn-2016-a.html

My stupid complaint is that no one has posted any stupid complaints for over a week!
Old Sep 7, 2016, 8:39 am

Programs: AA Executive Platinum; Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by econometrics

That's actually pretty funny.
Old Sep 8, 2016, 12:23 am

Programs: Enough to Cause a Migraine
Originally Posted by BobRoss
I don't think I've flown in F in which AA has bothered to keep Y pax from mobbing the forward lav. When I used to fly DL, they'd make an announcement over the PA to use the lav in your respective classes.

Anyway, it's small and almost always doesn't "matter", but occasionally bothers me when I need to use the lav and there's a line of Y pax. And, devalues the product.
+1

Noticed on 2 recent AA flights [and thus my complaint] that AA's FA's aren't consistent as to who they do allow from Y to use the F lav, and who they don't allow from Y to use the F lav.

On both of these flights, there were times--- on both flights--- where the cart was not out in Y, and there was no line by the F lav, and the FA in F said to select Y pax that he/she should use the lav in Y. However, when there was a line of passengers from coach, nothing was mentioned by the same F FA to the 2 people from coach in line, causing F passengers to have sit in their seat to use the restroom. Makes no sense whatsoever.

As a data point: the FA was a LUS First Class FA, and the second flight--- a LAA FA also mirrored the same strange nonsensical "gate-keeping" protocol on the other flight.

Such a double standard that AA FA's enforce not allowing Y passengers to use the J lavatory on Intercontinental flights, but do nothing when Y passengers barge their way into F to use the F lav while flying in North America.

Really annoying that Y passengers completely ignore the curtain, whereas pre-9/11 [more common in the 1990's and 1980's] rarely anyone in Y went to use the F cabin lav, and respected the cabin divider curtain. Those back in the day that attempted to cross the curtain divider would get a tongue lashing from the FA in F. And now in a post-9/11 world, it's acceptable on North America AA flights for Y pax to use the F lav.
Old Sep 8, 2016, 1:14 am
Senior Moderator and Moderator: American AAdvantage & TravelBuzz

Programs: AA EXP, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by econometrics

That's actually pretty funny.
<snicker> Hehe!

Back on topic...some lounges offer the usual oranges that are little smaller than a baseball, while other lounges offer the huge oranges that are larger than a softball!
Old Sep 8, 2016, 4:47 am

Programs: AA-PLT, HH-GLD, PP
On my return trip home last week, one of my bags didn't make it onto the connecting flight. As there is only one flight to my home airport per day, it was coming in late the next night and I was told it would be delivered the following morning. While annoying, it was not a big deal since I was on my way home and there wasn't anything in the bag that I needed right away.

The next evening, after the flight with my bag arrived, the local AA office called and told us that the bag would be delivered the next morning. I spend the day upstairs in my home office, and when I came downstairs for lunch, no bag yet. After lunch, I returned to my office and called the local AA office. No answer all afternoon, which didn't surprise me as they really had nothing to do until the daily flight arrived at 9:30 p.m. Though, I was really annoyed when I looked at the delayed baggage tracking site and it showed the case to be closed.

Some time after 5:00, I went back downstairs and saw the bag sitting there, already unpacked by my wife. Apparently, it arrived right after lunch, and my afternoon of making calls and fuming at the "case closed" on the site was for naught.

I fault AA for not ensuring that their delivery service would remind my wife to tell me that the bag came. I have written CR and will accept no less than 200,000 miles for my inconvenience!
Old Sep 8, 2016, 4:57 am

Programs: AA-PLT, HH-GLD, PP
Originally Posted by Max M
...causing F passengers to have sit in their seat to use the restroom.
That must have been messy!
Old Sep 10, 2016, 10:17 pm

Flight on Tuesday ORD-LAX

Two hour delay - stuff happens
Move from H15 to K19 - I guess I could use the exercise

But no Biscoffs, only pretzels? Outrageous!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.