Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

Questions on BankDirect, now Bask Bank (consolidated)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Apr 8, 2021, 10:27 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: funnyfarm299
Miles usually post on Bask website on the second business day of the month, to AA a day or 2 later.

Check the "Rewards" section of your Bask dashboard or the Recent Activity section of your AA account.

Current earn rate as of June 2023: 2.5 miles/dollar/year, awarded monthly (no LP's).
Print Wikipost

Questions on BankDirect, now Bask Bank (consolidated)

Search this Thread

Old Aug 7, 2011, 3:34 pm

Programs: AA, UA, WN, WOH
Originally Posted by drdomore
I just found out about the BankDirect AA offer. It seems a no brainer to move my money earning piddling interest rates at WTDirect.com, FNBO.com, Ingdirect.com and emigrant direct.com (have split it under old FDIC limits) to bank direct to earn AA miles for Intl travel.

Any tips or pitfalls from existing users for someone like me who is about to open an account? I presume I should move only 250k due to FDIC limit, correct? I can use a referral so pls let me know. Thanks
You can fill out the application partially on-line; however, you need to print materials off and send it to Bankdirect. Read the written materials carefully. There's a place for you to initial that is not highlighted and I almost missed (other people have missed it and it delays the opening of the account).

I sent you a PM concerning your need for a referral.

Last edited by FLYERIL; Aug 7, 2011 at 9:01 pm Reason: Corrected mistaken recollection regarding printing materials out.
Old Aug 7, 2011, 3:39 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by drdomore
I just found out about the BankDirect AA offer. It seems a no brainer to move my money earning piddling interest rates at WTDirect.com, FNBO.com, Ingdirect.com and emigrant direct.com (have split it under old FDIC limits) to bank direct to earn AA miles for Intl travel.

Any tips or pitfalls from existing users for someone like me who is about to open an account? I presume I should move only 250k due to FDIC limit, correct? I can use a referral so pls let me know. Thanks
Well, there's the $250K FDIC limit, but there's also a limit of the good earning ratio (1 mile per $10) up to $200K. Beyond that it's 1 mile per $25.
Old Aug 7, 2011, 4:20 pm

Programs: OP Plat, SPG
Originally Posted by cynicalbuthopeful
see separate thread to get referrals. They will PM you quickly.

You should also investigate Fidelity offer if you haven't already.
Fidelity offer is great too! Unfortunately I can't participate (long story) so will do the bank rate offer...waiting for PM referrals

Edit: I got a referral already. Please don't PM me anymore. Thank you

Last edited by drdomore; Aug 7, 2011 at 5:59 pm Reason: Got Referral
Old Aug 7, 2011, 8:45 pm

question about the acct opening process.
do I get to print the sig card during the acct opening process or do i have to wait for it in the mail?
i am overseas now and wont be able to get my mail for a while.

thanx
Old Aug 7, 2011, 8:53 pm

You can fill out most information online, then print and mail. They will mail you account details, checks, check card, etc. but you can get started without being at home in the states.
Old Aug 11, 2011, 5:59 am

Programs: Marriott Plat Premier/LT Plat; SPG Plat/LT Gold; Hilton Gold; Hyatt Plat
If anyone else needs a referral would be happy to share
Old Aug 11, 2011, 7:08 am

Programs: AA Lifetime Plat 2MM
Originally Posted by FLYERIL
You can fill out the application partially on-line; however, you need to print materials off and send it to Bankdirect. Read the written materials carefully. There's a place for you to initial that is not highlighted and I almost missed (other people have missed it and it delays the opening of the account).
I missed it 2 weeks ago so wasted at least a week mailing the form back and forth.
Old Aug 12, 2011, 10:30 am
Suspended

Programs: AA-EXP (3.3MM), AAirpass, SQ-PPS Solitaire, DL-PM (.777MM), SPG-Plat, HH-D
Does anyone know if you can achieve the 5000 bonus miles by using your check card by doing small transactions at the gas pump? I did about 15 (lost count) yesterday but then realized they may see I am trying to game their system and not give me the bonus...
Old Aug 12, 2011, 10:37 am
jss

Programs: UA 1P (1MM), AA PLT (2MM)
Originally Posted by psyflyer
Does anyone know if you can achieve the 5000 bonus miles by using your check card by doing small transactions at the gas pump? I did about 15 (lost count) yesterday but then realized they may see I am trying to game their system and not give me the bonus...
I used the USPS--no problem did 5-6 there each month there. April, May, June got the 5k.
Old Aug 12, 2011, 7:23 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

dont do the consecutive small amount transactions at gas pump - this would trip fraud alert system if BD has such thing in place because it is a well known tactic for the crooks to test if a stolen card is working.

Originally Posted by jss
I used the USPS--no problem did 5-6 there each month there. April, May, June got the 5k.
Yup. So as making smallish purchases at drug stores or supermarkets. Get one banana at a time for 5 times is very easily done.
Old Aug 13, 2011, 8:36 am

Programs: AA PLT Pro (2MM), HH DIA, IHG PLT
Delay in Crediting Funds to New Account

I sent $$ on July 28th via wire to fund a new mileage checking account. Signed app was sent about a week prior to wiring funds to make sure account opening was clean. No problems with app.

Funds were not deposited until August 9th by BD into the account. Is typical that they hold the wired funds for 10+ days? Anybody have experience if CS will back date the wired funds to the day they received them?
Old Aug 13, 2011, 9:27 am

Originally Posted by Maui Time
I sent $$ on July 28th via wire to fund a new mileage checking account. Signed app was sent about a week prior to wiring funds to make sure account opening was clean. No problems with app.

Funds were not deposited until August 9th by BD into the account. Is typical that they hold the wired funds for 10+ days? Anybody have experience if CS will back date the wired funds to the day they received them?
Yes, they held my funds as well. I think this is pretty standard across the board. I remember similar action back when I opened my Capital one account.
Old Aug 13, 2011, 9:50 am

Programs: AA EP; WN CP;UA SILVER; MARRIOTT TITANIUM; HH DIAMOND; IHG PLAT; RADISSON PLAT; HYATT GLOBAL
Beware that it is known that Bankdirect is really strict, just take a look a the 10k bonus for direct deposit.

Remember that the bonus is granted manually by a live person, not automatically by a machine, so there is certain discretion involved.

If all you do are small back to back transactions, you may find bankdirect being not happy (even though nowhere in the T&C it says this is not permitted).

But why don't you take one for the team, be the guinea pig, and do small transactions at the gas pump and after 3 months let us know if you got it or not.

PS-I got the 5k bonus with small transactions spread out through different dates and merchants.
Old Aug 13, 2011, 9:56 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Maui Time

They should have been deposited, but just not available. Is that the case?

You should be getting your miles (and interest) for that period.
Old Aug 13, 2011, 11:39 am

Programs: A few
Originally Posted by ORD-TGU
Beware that it is known that Bankdirect is really strict, just take a look a the 10k bonus for direct deposit.

Remember that the bonus is granted manually by a live person, not automatically by a machine, so there is certain discretion involved.

If all you do are small back to back transactions, you may find bankdirect being not happy (even though nowhere in the T&C it says this is not permitted).

But why don't you take one for the team, be the guinea pig, and do small transactions at the gas pump and after 3 months let us know if you got it or not.

PS-I got the 5k bonus with small transactions spread out through different dates and merchants.
I am about to hit the 3rd month of running 12 times 0.01 transactions to pay my water bill. I have not liked the new BD attitude, and there is nothing in the T&Cs that says the transactions have to be a certain amount, so I am doing the absolute least. A total of 36 cents worth of transactions should shortly net the 5k bonus

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.