AA to JL Connection at KIX; ANA to AA Connection at KIX

Search this Thread

Old Mar 27, 2006, 11:29 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP 3 MM; Marriott Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium Elite
AA to JL Connection at KIX; ANA to AA Connection at KIX

Hi All,

This Sunday I'll be flying DFW-KIX on AA in F and JL in J from KIX to PVG. I have about 2:45 to connect. All on the same ticket.

I have read that there have been some problems with passign through the transfer security without a boarding pass. I assume I will not have a BP for the KIX-PVG flight, or will AA be able to issue one? If I don't is it better just to clear I&C and check-in at the front desk? Is there a JAL desk for checking-in airside?

Coming back, I'm on ANA from PVG to KIX (company travel agent's doing, not mine), connecting to AA with a 2:15 connection. I know I won't get the AA BP in PVG and I've heard of the problems people had making airside connections to AA. Has anyone made an airside connection to AA recently? Has the situation with security improved?

Thanks!
Old Mar 27, 2006, 11:41 am
TR35R

I haven't done this before(from DFW).. though, AAgent should be able to issue your boarding-pass. AFAIK, at least AAgent in LAX/SJC/ORD/JFK does...

Old Mar 27, 2006, 11:45 am

Programs: AA=EXP, former DL Platinum
I made connections both ways through Osaka in December with onward connections to FUK. Outbound was no problem (and I expect you will get a JL boarding pass - I did here in Tampa) and on the return they wanted to study my AA ticket, but let me through without incident or delay.
Old Mar 27, 2006, 1:12 pm

Programs: AAEXP, and every other one on the planet
Originally Posted by PresRDC
Hi All,

This Sunday I'll be flying DFW-KIX on AA in F and JL in J from KIX to PVG. I have about 2:45 to connect. All on the same ticket.

I have read that there have been some problems with passign through the transfer security without a boarding pass. I assume I will not have a BP for the KIX-PVG flight, or will AA be able to issue one? If I don't is it better just to clear I&C and check-in at the front desk? Is there a JAL desk for checking-in airside?

Coming back, I'm on ANA from PVG to KIX (company travel agent's doing, not mine), connecting to AA with a 2:15 connection. I know I won't get the AA BP in PVG and I've heard of the problems people had making airside connections to AA. Has anyone made an airside connection to AA recently? Has the situation with security improved?

Thanks!
I had done this similar transit in December, only had to show a copy of my e-ticket itin and they let me on through... don't try to go through imigration and back again, that is a mess in Osaka took me over an hour last time I did that...
Old Mar 27, 2006, 2:11 pm

Programs: AA EXP, DL DM, SPG Plat, Hilton Gold
Just did DFW-KIX-HAN on two separate tickets and had no issues at all....just showed the security staff in KIX (who were great!) my onward ticket and off we went. Picked up the boarding pass at the gate...they could not issue it in the JL lounge (which is pretty worthless except for the massage chairs in the far corner. Oh, and the automatic beer pouring machines are always fun!
Old Mar 27, 2006, 2:57 pm

Programs: AA EXP 2 MM
Has anyone found a lounge at KIX that will accept PLTs travelling back in coach to DFW?
Old Mar 27, 2006, 3:11 pm

Programs: GE, AA PLT/2.6MM, BR Gld, Royal Carib. DM+, Celebrity Elite, NCL PLT, Princess Elite
Originally Posted by nbevan
Has anyone found a lounge at KIX that will accept PLTs travelling back in coach to DFW?
There is a sign in the JL lounge saying that for AA travelers you have to have a J or F ticket to get in. I think you might be out of luck.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.