Search

Has AA started allowing TPAC to India?

Search this Thread

Old Nov 27, 2014, 12:08 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP, UA Premier Silver
Has AA started allowing TPAC to India?

I am not sure if this is new, maybe I missed it

Just did a dummy booking from SAT-MAA on aa.com and AA now shows flights to India through HKG too. And its cheaper than LHR! Also the booking shows code share on HKG-MAA on CX. Is this new?

If this is here to stay, I hope TPAC becomes a valid routing to India on award tickets.
Old Nov 27, 2014, 12:47 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by seshrama2

Just did a dummy booking from SAT-MAA on aa.com and AA now shows flights to India through HKG too. And its cheaper than LHR! Also the booking shows code share on HKG-MAA on CX. Is this new?

If this is here to stay, I hope TPAC becomes a valid routing to India on award tickets.
Was never prohibited on revenue tickets. And, therefore, no connection to award rules/restrictions.
Old Nov 27, 2014, 1:37 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by JonNYC
Was never prohibited on revenue tickets. And, therefore, no connection to award rules/restrictions.
Though this was allowed on revenue tickets it costed much more than transiting through LHR. It used to appear as though it was pricing as two separate tickets. This looks like a through fare and this is the first time I am seeing it lower than TATL routing.

Since when has AA started using their flight numbers on CX flights from HKG-India?
Old Nov 27, 2014, 2:01 pm
Suspended

Though this was allowed on revenue tickets it costed much more than transiting through LHR. It used to appear as though it was pricing as two separate tickets. This looks like a through fare and this is the first time I am seeing it lower than TATL routing.

Since when has AA started using their flight numbers on CX flights from HKG-India?
Probably since such time that AA flies to HKG.
Old Nov 27, 2014, 4:55 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LT PLT; QR GLD; Bonvoy LT TIT
Not that unusual provided that you're taking AA metal with AA flight numbers on the TPAC or TATL flight, then connecting to CX to India.
Old Nov 27, 2014, 5:17 pm

Looks like cheap ORD fares still specify via Atlantic.
Old Nov 27, 2014, 6:41 pm
Moderator: Coupon Connection & S.P.A.M

Programs: Destination Unknown, TSA Disparager Diamond (LTDD)

Thanks for the 411. Even if AAward tickets still require 2 AAwards, I'm happy to fly XXX-DFW-HKG-India vs connecting in LHR. For revenue tickets which earn miles, this is especially welcome news. More so if the CX flight is a codeshAAre!
Old Nov 28, 2014, 12:00 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Bttc
Looks like cheap ORD fares still specify via Atlantic.
Looks like the fares are cheaper when you originate from India. Some sample round trip fares from MAA-SAT

Dec
TATL (LHR) - $1800+ BA
TPAC (HKG) - $1200+ CX/AA

Jan
TATL (LHR) - $1600+ BA

Feb
TATL (LHR) - $1400+ BA

This is sure a welcome news. Flights originating from US still shows TPAC fares double that of TATL.

Last edited by seshrama2; Nov 28, 2014 at 2:30 pm
Old Nov 28, 2014, 1:21 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA-EXP, AA-0.41MM, UA-Gold, Ex UA-1K (2006 thru 2015), PMUA-0.95MM, COUA-1.5MM-lite, AF-Silver
Great news.
Old Nov 28, 2014, 2:50 pm

Programs: AA PLAT
Looks like the fares are cheaper when you originate from India. Some sample round trip fares from MAA-SAT

Dec
TATL (LHR) - $1800+ BA

Jan
TATL (LHR) - $1600+ BA

Feb
TATL (LHR) - $1400+ BA

This is sure a welcome news. Flights originating from US still shows TPAC fares double that of TATL.
You might want to cross check the fares on ba.com I always get lower prices on ba vs aa websites.

Also...not sure what fare class you're doing but ba offers 100% elite qual miles regardless of fare class...not so with cathay
Old Nov 28, 2014, 10:53 pm

Programs: HH Diamond, AA EXP
Originally Posted by DiegoSan
You might want to cross check the fares on ba.com I always get lower prices on ba vs aa websites.

Also...not sure what fare class you're doing but ba offers 100% elite qual miles regardless of fare class...not so with cathay
AA codeshare # will earn 100% on CX metal regardless of fare class.
Old Nov 28, 2014, 11:34 pm

Programs: AA PLAT
Originally Posted by ericgdukie44
AA codeshare # will earn 100% on CX metal regardless of fare class.
Thanks for that correction...so is that across the board? Anything with an AA flight number gets 100% mileage credit regardless of booking class or carrier?
Old Nov 28, 2014, 11:42 pm

Programs: AA 1.5 MM Exec Plat, WN A-List, DL Silver, UA nonrev
Originally Posted by DiegoSan
Thanks for that correction...so is that across the board? Anything with an AA flight number gets 100% mileage credit regardless of booking class or carrier?
That's correct. If a flight carries an AA number (i.e., marketed by AA) - regardless of the metal - it earns as though AA were flying the plane and follows the AA earning chart.
Old Dec 21, 2014, 8:02 pm

Programs: AA EXP, A3 Gold
How about on award tickets?
Old Dec 21, 2014, 8:07 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by justforfun
How about on award tickets?
That was the premise of the thread-starter-- that this (non-change as it turns out) might apply to award tickets somehow, but it does not.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.