Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Anyone else ever got an apology from AA?

Search this Thread

Old Oct 22, 2014, 2:19 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Lifetime PLT, AS MVPG, HH Diamond, NCL Platinum Plus, MSC Diamond
Originally Posted by arlflyer
Second this; the CX JFK-YVR is a fun ride.
And fewer AA Miles than going F to LHR if using an award
Old Oct 22, 2014, 5:25 am

Programs: AA EXP
Originally Posted by QueenOfCoach
This is the point where the OP lost my sympathy.

Why should he get better treatment than those of us who call AA with American accents?
Evidently he has the deadpan sense of humor that often goes with the accent (and is frequently lost on Americans)
Old Oct 22, 2014, 11:37 am
Original Poster

'Queen of Coach' - now THAT is funny. I need a 'swoon....hand to forehead' emoticon.

'jrw242' - 'two nations divided by a common language' as George Bernard Shaw said, is I believe the appropriate response? :-)
Old Oct 22, 2014, 5:47 pm

Programs: AA, Hertz, SPG, Amex MR, Mahalo Rewards
Originally Posted by Lightswitchjohn
I feel simultaneously better and also sad that I'm not the only one going 'what the?....' about AA's service level - 'elhumano' it seems you and I have had the same surreal experience....and that makes me sad. As I sit at my desk I still have a lovely model of an AA MD11 (remember those!) on it from the inauguration f serve from Chicago to Tokyo - I miss those days!
Some have commented on the fact this is the first time I've posted, and frankly, its because until recently I've been pretty happy....to quote an urban legend about Albert Einstein, he was apparently a late talker and his parents were worried. At last, so rumor has it, at the supper table one night he broke his silence to say, "The soup is too hot."
Greatly relieved, his parents asked why he had never said a word before.
Albert replied, "Because up to now everything was in order."

Well until recently I haven't spoken up about AA, because the soup has been fine.
I'm in a similar situation to you, with 750,000 flight miles and only ever one other complaint. Don't really know what to make of things yet, but I'm not happy with the recent string of events.
Old Oct 22, 2014, 11:37 pm

Programs: AA EXP, PriorityClub Gold, SPG Gold, Hertz Gold fivestar
Originally Posted by Shareholder
Why expect an apology for an aircraft switch? Your contract with AA only specifies that the airline will get you from point A to point B in a reasonable amount of time. It appears that's what they provided albeit explaining that the aircraft utilized was the most efficient and practical for the route involved.
I would be upset if the following sequence of events had happened:
1) I watched a TV commercial about AA's new 777-300 planes.
2) I visited aa.com/newplanes.
3) I read up on the 777-300 and then clicked on "Where does the 777-300 fly".
4) I booked onto a flight number listed on the AA newplanes website as being operated by a 777-300.
5) A change of equipment meant I was no longer getting the benefits advertised to me during the commercial.

In my view: An airline can't have commercials advertising a particular aircraft type as being superior and then expect people to not care when the airline downgrades the aircraft type. Especially when the timetable is also advertised.
Old Oct 22, 2014, 11:48 pm
Original Poster

ChrL - Agreement!! Shareholders argument is, at least to me, ridiculous as it suggests if he books a full size rental car but gets given a compact he would be fine with it because it's 'still a car' or books a suite at a four star hotel and gets 'walked' to a Days Inn he'd be fine with that too, because the contract with the hotel is to 'provide lodging' I did exactly what you suggest - booked a flight based on AA's pledge of a certain aircraft type...and AA still have this on their web site http://www.aa.com/i18n/aboutUs/ourPl...L&title=fly777 with the text 'want to make sure you fly on our new planes'? and indicating the 77W is on the flight I'm on...it isn't. The end of the world? Certainly not. False, misleading and slightly deceptive? You decide.
Old Oct 23, 2014, 3:06 am

Programs: SPG Platinum, Marriott LT Platinum, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, AA Platinum Pro, AS MVP Gold
I actually have very good experience with AA complaints, at least AA always responds, same thing can't be said for United.
Old Oct 23, 2014, 9:16 am
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
I've gotten my fair share of form apologies, I don't mind as long as they're not insulting.

A couple times I got a preemptive apology (long delay etc.) which was tailored to the flight I was on and with bonus miles. Those the best.
Old Oct 29, 2014, 5:16 pm
Original Poster

Well, I'm astounded. Today I received a CALL from the customer service person at AA. They had reviewed their response to my concern and she wanted to call and apologize for not apologizing - how British! I missed the call and she left a voice mail and while she still couldn't help with a flight change she apologized for my families disappointment, wanted me to know how much they value my business and she would deposit some miles in my account....Wow. Some faith in AA restored, and I have a new respect for all the 'this communication will be reviewed for quality and training' stuff which frankly I thought was guff.
Old Oct 29, 2014, 7:52 pm
Formerly known as UATexasFlyer

Programs: AA EXP, Hyatt Diamond, Marriott Lifetime Plat, Natl. Car Exec Elite, UA 1MM, *G
I was flying CX from Kuala Lumper to Hong Kong last week and it was delayed on the ground for about 80 minutes.

I had two FA's come back to me in coach and personally apologize for the delay.

Mid flight, they came back and then invited me up to Business Class.

Now that's what I call an apology for being late.
Old Oct 29, 2014, 8:21 pm
Original Poster

UATexasFlyer.....yeah, THATS what I'm talking about!! NICE!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.