Question re re-printing bp

Search this Thread

Old Sep 2, 2014, 8:48 am
nrr
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: AA platinum; 2MM AA, Delta Diamond, Hilton Diamond
Question re re-printing bp

In the thread http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/ameri...ate-agent.html which has now been closed, one thing seems to underlie OP's problem: being in possession of a bp showing that he was assigned seat 3E. I know dfw and ord have terminals AIRSIDE allowing one to re-print bps, are there others? It would seem (and couldn't hurt) to routinely re-print bps before you get to the gate--certainly, if possible, before the GA gets there.
Old Sep 2, 2014, 8:55 am

Programs: AA EXP...couple hotels and cars too
I usually have it on my phone. Generate a new BP, then add it to Passbook.

Could screen capture if there is a concern it changes...

Last edited by Exec_Plat; Sep 2, 2014 at 7:54 pm
Old Sep 2, 2014, 9:34 am
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeShangri-La Contributor Badge

Programs: UA 1K
MSP has a kiosk around E16 for AA passengers. Also, I'm sure any customer service desk or AC AAngel would be happy to reprint one for you.
Old Sep 2, 2014, 10:35 pm
Moderator: Travel Safety/Security, Travel Tools, California, Los Angeles; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: oneword Emerald
At LAX, there are self service kiosks airside at the Customer Service/Rebooking Center, near gate 42A, and at the very west end of the terminal, near gates 48B/49A.
Old Sep 2, 2014, 10:36 pm

Programs: AA EXP,LFP~3 MM; MarriottRewards, LFP; Avis 1st; Hertz Gold
Download the AA app -- it is my go-to backup and works consistently (well for the last few months anyway).
Old Sep 3, 2014, 11:52 am
nrr
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Not everyone has iphones, ipads (or the equivalent), so being able to PRINT ON PAPER a bp might be important.
Old Sep 3, 2014, 11:54 am
nrr
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by TWA884
At LAX, there are self service kiosks airside at the Customer Service/Rebooking Center, near gate 42A, and at the very west end of the terminal, near gates 48B/49A.
I've connected in LAX many times--I never noticed these kiosks--thanks!
Old Sep 3, 2014, 5:14 pm

Programs: Hyatt Glob (Barely); Marriott Plat Life; AA Up and Down Now Plat; Hilton, UA, BA, HA Peasant
When it comes to boarding passes paper is still your friend. Helps when miles are not posted. Would be even more helpful in asserting a seat was taken away.

Last edited by jayer; Sep 3, 2014 at 7:59 pm
Old Sep 3, 2014, 6:00 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond
So what would happen if that customer had the printed boarding pass that said 3E?
Would that person get that seat?
Old Sep 3, 2014, 6:27 pm

Programs: AA EP 3MM, UA Silver, Bonvoy LT TIT, Hyatt Explorist, HH Silver, Caesars PLT
Originally Posted by nlkm9
So what would happen if that customer had the printed boarding pass that said 3E?
The machine would beep in error and the pax would get whatever seat was assigned.
Old Sep 3, 2014, 8:00 pm

Programs: Hyatt Glob (Barely); Marriott Plat Life; AA Up and Down Now Plat; Hilton, UA, BA, HA Peasant
Originally Posted by aamilesslave
The machine would beep in error and the pax would get whatever seat was assigned.
True. But you having a better starting point to complain to Customer Service, and the GA can't pretend it never happened. Maybe all it gets is a few sympathy points. Maybe possibly a tick mark for retraining.
Old Sep 3, 2014, 9:53 pm

Programs: AA EXP, JL JGC, Hyatt Glob
Originally Posted by nlkm9
That person probably would just get a new boarding pass and new seat. If there are 100+ people lined up behind you to board, I doubt a gate agent is willing to investigate.
Old Sep 3, 2014, 10:07 pm
nrr
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

In the other thread OP did receive an email confirming his upg., that plus his bp with 3E, should give him a better chance on keeping 3E than only one of these.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.