Community
Wiki Posts
Search

how to cancel an award reservation on hold?

Search this Thread

Old Jun 16, 2013, 6:55 pm
Original Poster

Programs: ua S, marriott P, hilton G, ihg P
how to cancel an award reservation on hold?

this might be a dumb question..

I've booked (well, held to be exact) an award reservation for myself and Mrs travelsg on econ saver, and then realized there is one biz saver avail (yes, only 1 seat left, and that's why I didn't see it on the previous booking). Now I want to book two separate tickets so that at least Mrs travelsg can enjoy the biz class.

1st of all, I couldn't figure out how to cancel the existing reservation which is on hold. I don't see any "cancel" button, just "purchase" on the holding page.

So without cancelling the old reservation, I went ahead to book two new separate reservations. The new booking went through for Mrs travelsg (for the biz saver), but mine (on econ saver) didn't work. The system complains about duplicate reservations.

so I have two questions:
(1) how to cancel the existing reservation which is on hold?
(2) How come the system didn't complain about Mrs travelsg having duplicate reservations? (If it makes any difference, all the reservation are using my miles.)

Thanks in advance. The new aa.com really got me sometimes...
Old Jun 16, 2013, 7:00 pm
Suspended

Call AA.
Old Jun 16, 2013, 7:14 pm
brp
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, BA Silver, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton diamond, Marriott Platinum
There should be a Cancel option somewhere around the middle of the page. There has been on every reservation I've Held. If not, simply call web services (800-222-2377) and they can take care of this. Probably faster than it took to to post this thread

As for "why one and not the other," I'd suggest that the linkage between you and the new reservation was more "immediate" than with ms. travelsg since the miles were coming from you.

Cheers.
Old Jun 16, 2013, 7:54 pm

Programs: AA EXP 2MM
A held reservation on which you are one of the travelers should also be listed on the "My Trips"/"My Reservations" page. At the right-hand end of the listing for each reservation are buttons for "Select" and "Cancel."
Old Jun 16, 2013, 8:20 pm
brp
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, BA Silver, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton diamond, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by Ready2Go
A held reservation on which you are one of the travelers should also be listed on the "My Trips"/"My Reservations" page. At the right-hand end of the listing for each reservation are buttons for "Select" and "Cancel."
Suggest not doing the Cancel there. I've read enough stories of people picking the wrong one since the listing is so tight. Best to "Select," make sure it's really the right one, and do the Cancel from that screen. Much safer

Cheers.
Old Jun 16, 2013, 11:08 pm
Original Poster

Programs: ua S, marriott P, hilton G, ihg P
thanks for all the great info... I called aa and it was cancelled by the rep. So all is good now. When did they start to have the callback feature? love it..

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.