Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > American Airlines | AAdvantage (Pre-Consolidation with USAir)
Reload this Page >

Patterns & predictions for DEQM / double EQM in 2013 (consolidated)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Patterns & predictions for DEQM / double EQM in 2013 (consolidated)

Search this Thread

Old Sep 21, 2013, 1:02 am

Just yesterday I was marveling at how long it's been since someone had asked this question... We were doing so well!

I predict a SEQM promo. Earn 100% of your eligible EQM every flight. Even retroactive!
Old Sep 21, 2013, 9:39 am

Programs: AA 'kettle', Marriott Gold, ICH Gld, Hertz 5*
We used to have this type of speculation on the UA forum and were often rewarded, and I participated in most of the promos which occurred there; however, looking at the amount and type of promotions AA has thrown at members this year, I doubt there will be a DEQM promo this autumn. Happy to be wrong but I just don't see it.
Old Sep 21, 2013, 10:11 am

Programs: AA EXP, Fairmont Lifetime Platinum
There have been a lot of promotions for folks who don't have status on AA but there haven't been any breaks so far given to those of us who need some help to requalify. With soft landing going away, AA seems to be headed for a high % turnover and would rather roll the dice to see what these new easy-qualifying elites will bring in vs helping this year's elites.
Old Sep 21, 2013, 8:02 pm

Programs: DL Diamond, AA revenue negative, Bonvoy Titanium +, Avis likes me
Originally Posted by QueenOfCoach
I know you'll learn to love Coach.
My wife says Coach keeps me humble. I say I hate humble.

And I don't think I could love coach.
Old Sep 21, 2013, 10:06 pm

Location: DFW, 3.5 MM, AA EXP, LIFETIME PLATINUM, MARRIOTT LIFETIME PLATINUM, STARWOOD AMBASSADOR 223 NIGHTS, AND LIFETIME GOLD, HILTON DIAMOND, NATIONAL EXECUTIVE ELITE
Originally Posted by havoc29
There have been a lot of promotions for folks who don't have status on AA but there haven't been any breaks so far given to those of us who need some help to requalify. With soft landing going away, AA seems to be headed for a high % turnover and would rather roll the dice to see what these new easy-qualifying elites will bring in vs helping this year's elites.
Agree. I honestly don't see a double miles promo being offered.
Old Oct 4, 2013, 3:25 pm

When does AA typically release the announcement for Double EQM?
Old Oct 4, 2013, 7:54 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA 2MM, AS MVP Gold, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by usafltg
When AA decides to have a Double EQM promo.
Old Oct 5, 2013, 1:24 am

Programs: AA EXP, IHG PLT, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Explorist, Amtrak, WN
To jump in on the speculation, I seriously doubt AA would have another DEQM promo (save for targeted ones). The systemwide promo was established for certain reasons, and such promos would severely dilute elite status if they were conducted annually.

No cigars, I'm afraid.

I'm sitting right below GLD right now, but I'll reach PLT by the end of November with all of my flying. Such a promo might push me to EXP (which I would LOVE), but I don't think it would be good for status overall.
Old Oct 5, 2013, 6:51 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA PLT (2.9+ MM), HH GLD, Hyatt Diamond, SPG PLT
Its against FT TCs to double post

Mods: please merge these threads
Old Oct 6, 2013, 9:18 am

Originally Posted by bdemaria
Its against FT TCs to double post

Mods: please merge these threads
Didn't see the original post. My bad.

However... I don't see why everyone's so "P-Offed" about this promotion, or what the big deal is. I have made EXP PLENTY of times through the normal means... and guess what... they were through "segments." I don't EVER fly internationally or do overseas travel either, which means I have to qualify by domestic flights. Do you have any idea how much money has been spent by me or my company on flights in a given year to and from short 2 hour flights, or maybe if I'm lucky, a 4 hour flight to California?

The fact is, I'll make platinum for sure (on segments and close on miles) this year without a single promotion. I've been EXP for the past 5 years though and don't want to lose it. This petty crap of people getting all bent out of shape because "they fly 250,000 miles" a year (because THEY get to go to London or do these long haul flights) and complain about how "their" miles are better than everyone elses..." doesn't make them any better. I can pretty much gurantee you that the money the guy who flies to London 10 times a year and makes EXP is much less than the guy who has to get on 100+ different planes in a year for work and fly domestically.

So yea... I'd be a little irritated if they didn't offer me DEQM cause i'd like to retain my status.
Old Oct 6, 2013, 9:54 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA PLT (2.9+ MM), HH GLD, Hyatt Diamond, SPG PLT
However... I don't see why everyone's so "P-Offed" about this promotion, or what the big deal is.

Since there isn't a DEQM promotion, how can people be upset by it?

So yea... I'd be a little irritated if they didn't offer me DEQM cause i'd like to retain my status.
It seems that consensus on this board is that you prepare to be irritated. I'm not saying it won't happen, but it doesn't appear likely.
Old Oct 6, 2013, 11:54 am

Didn't see the original post. My bad.
How could you not see it? You posted both of them within 25 minutes of each other.

However... I don't see why everyone's so "P-Offed" about this promotion, or what the big deal is. I have made EXP PLENTY of times through the normal means... and guess what... they were through "segments." I don't EVER fly internationally or do overseas travel either, which means I have to qualify by domestic flights. Do you have any idea how much money has been spent by me or my company on flights in a given year to and from short 2 hour flights, or maybe if I'm lucky, a 4 hour flight to California?
Everyone has their own reasons for not wanting, or wanting the promotion. Maybe the promotion is not the right kind of promotion? While it may help you retain EXP, how many others would also get to be EXP? Basically, you're saying you want AA to open the doors so you can get in. How many will also be able to get in? I don't know what the right answer is. I'll have to defer to AA and their knowledge of how large their EXP base is and whether the system can handle so many EXPs.
Old Oct 6, 2013, 2:49 pm
brp
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, BA Silver, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton diamond, Marriott Platinum
Agreed. I'm usually irritated if I don't get handouts from a company so that I can get benefits without actually living up to the requirements for those benefits. I usually find myself asking "what were they thinking in not offering me the handout?"

Cheers.
Old Oct 6, 2013, 8:12 pm

Originally Posted by brp
Agreed. I'm usually irritated if I don't get handouts from a company so that I can get benefits without actually living up to the requirements for those benefits. I usually find myself asking "what were they thinking in not offering me the handout?"

Cheers.
Given the way that AA has given out status for flat out nothing to non-customers, I'd say that the way to get the handout is to not fly AA. @:-)
Old Oct 6, 2013, 8:51 pm

Programs: AAdvantage, Mariott Rewards
Awards program uncertainty impact on DEQM promotion

When airlines merged in the past did they seem more worried about losing flyers because of uncertainty about what the merged airline would look like or did the additional elites lead to watered down benefits and bonuses around merger time?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.